New Smartcards

11 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

1st class royal mail will usually get your card to someone else the next day, or day after that. Still easy to send your ticket to someone else.

If adults are buying child tickets to use for a full season, that is pretty shit.

There's folk giving ticket use to folk they dont know though mate. Folk on here do it regularly. GB for instance probably uses hundreds of reprints over the season. And folk are doing it for nothing to help others out, that's what's now being deterred. 

I agree re the adults using kids cards thing, and I'm not against the club introducing a better secondary ticket scheme. They just seem to have gone about it in a shitty dictatorial manner at the expense of those doing a decent thing for others.

Improving secondary ticketing, enforcing £5 secondary ticket charge would have done the job. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I'll never now use the secondary scheme due to how it's been introduced so for me it's been counter productive.

14 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I think what is concerning me is the way they have written the letter, it kinda sounds as if they would take pleasure from taking the card back if you step out of line in any way, and basically they are saying it is your seat and if you cannot use it then you need to put it in for resell through the Club.  

I think it would mean that the way Erskine got tickets or we used the reprint to help them in other ways is no longer an option Jinty, but I could be wrong.

@govanblue  have you been keeping up with this change in no reprint of tickets and the heavy handed way they are coming across  ??

Is this serious?! So if I don't need to use my ticket I can't pass it on to you guys??!!!!! Let us know ASAP @govanblue please. 

1 hour ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Is this serious?! So if I don't need to use my ticket I can't pass it on to you guys??!!!!! Let us know ASAP @govanblue please. 

I am not sure STG, but it reads as if they want people to take it serious and non of us want to lose our season tickets. That was why I tagged GB in the post above, we will need to get it sorted this week. Thanks for responding about it. :thumbup:

@Zetland I have tagged you now as well because as STG says this new ticket situation might well scupper that part of the fundraiser for Pam.

I haven't read the thread, so no idea what the letter is saying or what the ramifications are. 

What I do know is that Rangers Ticket Office have always been staunch supporters of the RangersMedia Erskine Fund whenever we've needed their support, and I would expect that to continue this season.    :rangers:

5 minutes ago, govanblue said:

I haven't read the thread, so no idea what the letter is saying or what the ramifications are. 

What I do know is that Rangers Ticket Office have always been staunch supporters of the RangersMedia Erskine Fund whenever we've needed their support, and I would expect that to continue this season.    :rangers:

I hope so.

5 minutes ago, govanblue said:

I hope you are right about that GB but that is NOT how the letter reads unfortunately mate.

Would you be able to speak to one of your contacts next week in the ticket office to see what they say. :thumbup:

On 04/08/2019 at 13:15, govanblue said:

Sorry for taking so long to get the content of the letter up GB, but having some family health problems to deal with.

I could not get our printer to scan the letter, so I have typed out what I think is the important parts for you to read and to be honest I do not think it is looking good for using tickets for Erskine or Bravehound, but I will se what response you get if you contact the Ticket Office. :thumbup:

We are pleased to enclose your new Smartcard for Season 2019/20

Please keep your Smartcard safe as advance requests for Home game paper ticket reprints will no longer be accepted. If you lose your Smartcard, contact Rangers Ticket Centre to arrange a replacement. If you leave home without it on a Matchday, visit the Ticket Centre immediately.

The purchase of a Season Ticket is a contract between a supporter and the Club. Any misuse of the ticket will result in instant forfeiture of the Season Ticket, without compensation to the holder. Continuous checks will be carried out by stewards and staff; any supporter involved in alleged misuse will be removed from the stadium and may be referred to Police Scotland.

Susan Hannah

Ticket Operations Manager

Got the second of my two today, I have an adult and a juvenile ticket that my son and daughter take Shots about going to games, my lads names on the ticket so what will happen if my daughter uses the ticket and gets stopped and it has my sons name on it, 

Just now, WATP84JRL said:

Got the second of my two today, I have an adult and a juvenile ticket that my son and daughter take Shots about going to games, my lads names on the ticket so what will happen if my daughter uses the ticket and gets stopped and it has my sons name on it, 

Nothing if they are both juvenile 

43 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It never used to lead to a instant ban. 

Sorry mate I have quoted the wrong post. :facepalm:

I hope you are right CB, but they seem to have taken this to new levels (have you read my post above ?) on the person who owns the ticket is the person who should use it. 

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Sorry mate I have quoted the wrong post. :facepalm:

I hope you are right CB, but they seem to have taken this to new levels (have you read my post above ?) on the person who owns the ticket is the person who should use it. 

They can’t punish you for using the ticket for someone else as long as they are in the same price bracket. How would they even know it’s not your ticket. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They can’t punish you for using the ticket for someone else as long as they are in the same price bracket. How would they even know it’s not your ticket. 

They say the ticket is between the Club and the person who's name is on it, so IF it is a boy who is on the ticket it is possible a few jobs worth's ask to see what name is on the ticket and if a girl is using it nothing would surprise me with our Club at the moment.

I have no idea where this has all come from and it seems nuts to me but you can see what the letter says. 

27 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

They say the ticket is between the Club and the person who's name is on it, so IF it is a boy who is on the ticket it is possible a few jobs worth's ask to see what name is on the ticket and if a girl is using it nothing would surprise me with our Club at the moment.

I have no idea where this has all come from and it seems nuts to me but you can see what the letter says. 

Can just see some jobsworth steward asking to see the name on the ticket. 😂😂

Only time I can see that happening is if the wee light shows its a juvenile/concession ticket and it’s obviously not them. 

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Can just see some jobsworth steward asking to see the name on the ticket. 😂😂

Only time I can see that happening is if the wee light shows its a juvenile/concession ticket and it’s obviously not them. 

I certainly hope you are right CB, but the Club are on their high horse with this for some reason and nothing would surprise me.

I will add if they were asking to see ticket names on Juvenile tickets it would be ridiculous. :thumbup:

Think people are reading too much into it tbh.

I know there has been an issue with adults entering with juvenile tickets, and that is what the warning part of the letter is all about to me. 

No chance will a steward ask for proof of identification, if its an adult with an adult ticket or a juvenile with a juvenile ticket imo. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hope to fuck these work ok on Sunday after us calling out Kilmarnock over their new system at the weekend.

Tbf, it's not that Killie had teething problems that was the issue it was then how they dealt with the system fail