Kris Boyd retires

G.E.C.

Will never go down as a silky artistic genius but wow was he lethal, the epitome of an old fashioned number 10, strong, powerful and exceptionally accurate. His partnership with Kenny Millar was almost telepathic at times. Actually quite shocked at that unless of course he has had better career options in the media but I would think he has still a season or 2 in him yet (perhaps wants to bow out at a higher level) anyway I always held him high regard and to me he will remain there for a long time to come. :bow:

Thanks for the memories Kris and I wish you well in whatever you do in the future :tu:

Villarreal still stunned he didn't score that.

All the best big man had his critics but he was just pure goals what a player.

I don't agree with everything he says as a pundit but his hearts in the correct place.

He will never say anything to try and have a kick at us its all because he is one of us. Same back in the day with McCann he gets it!

It just goes to show how important goals are. Rarely do you get a player with limited technical ability make such a big impact, simply because he knew where the net was.

TBH, crap as he was in the bigger games, when I'm an old man - I still think I'll consider Boyd as one of our best value signings . First time around that is, and I hope Alzheimer's takes away the memories of his second spell.

Seriously though, there weren't many players we could have signed that would have been able to do what Boyd done goals wise. 

4 hours ago, roboscot said:

Loved the big, poaching bastard. 

Gutted when he left the first time, probably should have had the sense to know 2nd time around wouldn’t have worked out. 

Can’t remember any players that worked out “second time round “ tbh

Shagger??

13 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

We all know he won't - as per the meedja vacuum.

Hate to agree on this occasion mate but I think you're right.........so many of our ex players are a let down in this regard.