Gerrard Rejects Approach From Derby County

Broxi

Have seen the interview dunno if it’s just me but he’s not exactly ruled it out has he pretty much said what other managers Would say then few weeks down the line and they’re off shite that this has came about as soon as pre season is underway 

1 minute ago, MARK92GERS said:

Have seen the interview dunno if it’s just me but he’s not exactly ruled it out has he pretty much said what other managers Would say then few weeks down the line and they’re off shite that this has came about as soon as pre season is underway 

He basically says at one point "do I even have to answer that"

On 19/06/2019 at 12:27, showtime69 said:

anybody hear Talksport this morning?

only caught a bit of it but Jim White was asking if Gerrard had done the right thing in rejecting Derby, Simon Jordan said of course he has then White said he had been speaking to Warburton and would give his views after the break

never heard what Warburtons views were as I had to leave

anybody hear it?

Said  -- Gerrard has them training well and that their pitch geography is impressive 

3 hours ago, Smile said:

I'm starting to worry we are gonna lose Stevie to an English club before the new season gets under way........... hope I'm proved wrong, obviously.

It would be a massive blow to our chances of 55 this season imo.

19 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I'm starting to worry we are gonna lose Stevie to an English club before the new season gets under way........... hope I'm proved wrong, obviously.

Believe if Gerrard goes, it will be dug shite coming in, which will no doubt please some of his detractors in here.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Believe if Gerrard goes, it will be dug shite coming in, which will no doubt please some of his detractors in here.

What do you think BA...... do you think he could be tempted away?Would be gutted if he left after just one season.

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

What do you think BA...... do you think he could be tempted away?Would be gutted if he left after just one season.

Nope! 

Gerrard is a big name that many clubs would like to be associated with and some will chance their arm. The guy is an icon, so I suppose I can't blame these smaller type clubs.

To have a go in the Champioship can see your stock go from hero to zero in one season. A notoriously tough league to get out of.

When you've got the personal wealth of Gerrard, you can pick and choose your job. All about what's suitable to him.

Let me be clear, the little wealth that our board invest to prop up our wage bill, would not be forthcoming if not for Gerrard and IF he leaves before we take that title, his replacement will be the biggest piece of dugshite that we have ever had. This board will NOT speculate with fiscal imprudence any further on any new manager and would see us falling to mid table.

Gerrard is the last throw of the dice for this board and us to take this title.

He will return to Anfield to a heroe's welcome. He is simply a God down there. His quickest way of a return is to be successful with us and he will take us to glory, of that I am confident.

54 minutes ago, Number5 said:

It's a pisstake that Derby even think they could poach Gerrard away from us.

Fucking Derby.

He's obviously not going anywhere but this mentality is naive as fuck.

Financially Derby piss all over us so if Gerrard was motivated by money rather than success then it would be fairly straight forward for them to take him from us.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Why would you think that? I don't see anything that makes me think he'd leave any time soon. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Why would you think that? I don't see anything that makes me think he'd leave any time soon. 

Just a niggling doubt mate.......... the English tend to buy up whatever and who ever they choose........ they have the money after all..........I'm probably over reacting.... or at least I hope I am.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Just a niggling doubt mate.......... the English tend to buy up whatever and who ever they choose........ they have the money after all..........I'm probably over reacting.... or at least I hope I am.

I think you are mate. I don't see Gerrard going anywhere until/if he wins the league.