Those “marquee” signings?

KeyserSoze

6 minutes ago, djwyc14 said:

Move on 8-10 deadwood players, sign an experienced CB, new LB, striker and hang on to Tav and Mo. Getting Kent over the line would be the cherry on the cake. That's what I think we have left to do.

Out - Lafferty, Alnwick, Holt, Dodoo, Rossiter, Dorrans, Middleton (loan), Docherty (loan)

Pretty much what I was going to say 👍 the wages on those out would make a difference for sure!

17 minutes ago, BF1 said:

Do we actually need another CB? Goldson and Katic are arguably the best pairing in the league, Edmundson is rated highly by Stevie apparently, and McCrorie can also play there well. 

Gerrard said he wants another CB in an interview just a day or two ago.  

Just now, BF1 said:

Fair, wasn't sure if he'd said that before or after Edmundson came in. 

It was after we signed Edmunson. I saw his interview yesterday on Rangers TV where he was asked if there were going to be any more additions to the squad before the window closed and he emphatically answered YES; more will come in and more will be offloaded. He sounded very certain of who he will bring in, but no clues were given.

5 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We 100% need to add more quality, I’d be disgusted if we only spent 1m to be honest, we need a couple of players of real quality that can make a difference, the board need to stump up this season as the tarriers are there for the taking.

Aribo will be costing a significant amount of money in wages, sign on and agent fees, I wouldn't just focus on the transfer fees.

I'm more interested in the player than the cost... Look at grezda, Pena, Herrera.  

6 hours ago, BF1 said:

Do we actually need another CB? Goldson and Katic are arguably the best pairing in the league, Edmundson is rated highly by Stevie apparently, and McCrorie can also play there well. 

I agree McCrorie could slot in at C.B. If he is willing to remain as a fringe player? I suspect he may want more games and could probably go out on loan. I hope he stays. 

1 hour ago, RDB14 said:

Aribo will be costing a significant amount of money in wages, sign on and agent fees, I wouldn't just focus on the transfer fees.

I'm more interested in the player than the cost... Look at grezda, Pena, Herrera.  

Our record at spending money over the last few years has been disgraceful. 

Something that needs to improve for us to compete 

6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Our record at spending money over the last few years has been disgraceful. 

Something that needs to improve for us to compete 

At least we are open about it all and don’t just string the fans along with fanciful pretend multi million ppune bids for cunts that are never coming here. I don’t think we need to spend big to compete domestically and as RDB14 says our record on spending big is not very clever.