Who Will Be Back Up To Allan McGregor?

For the season ahead we have 5 goalkeepers that will be around the 1st team squad.

They are  Allan McGregor, Wes Foderingham, Jak Alnwick, Robby McCrorie and Andy Firth.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/analysis/photo-shows-farcical-Rangers-goalkeeping-situation/

With McGregor most likely keeping the No.1 jersey, what permutations do you see developing with the remaining 4?

Would we keep 2 of the other 4 above. or try get 3 out on loan/sold?

Alnwick is in his last year with us, McGregor also unless he signs an extension. Not sure how long Wes has left, 2 years possibly, maybe 1?

Could McCrorie or Firth stake a claim for back up if we move Foderingham and Alnwick on?  

With many variables, how do you think it will pan out?

Just now, ianferguson said:

I'm a big fan of Wes and hope he succeeds McGregor (38 in January) in due time. 

I would like Wes as back up mate.

Ideally McCrorie and Firth would go out on loan and get regular games/experience.

Alnwick can sign on a free elsewhere next season and don't see him commanding a decent fee so he can get this season on loan somewhere ideally, if we don't receive any bids for Wes.

8 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Never seen a keeper beat with as many shots from outside the box as Wes.  Every cunt was banging them past him. 

I liked him when he played but time and again a shot outside the box was a 50/50 chance if it went in our not. I remember McGinns goal at Ibrox it was from about 30 yards and the angle he hit it at I could see it was hitting the back of the net before Wes even moved towards it. That was the one that done it for me tbh. 

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Do people just make things like this up to deliberately try and be controversial and go against the popular opinion?

DO people watch the match and him:

punting the ball to where Big Lee used to be, even though he left 7 years ago.

holding the call, for no reason, allowing the opposition to get fully back

be absolutely horrendous at distribution 

He's a great shotstopper and a perfect goaly for the 90's not today and not for our pace based team.

1 minute ago, thehost said:

He's a great shotstopper and a perfect goaly for the 90's not today and not for our pace based team.

Foderingham was good with the ball at his feet but ultimately he was an absolutely dreadful shot stopper and let in shots that should be bread and butter to anybody decent. 

If we put him back in then we would drop more points from his incompetence then ever would from McGregor not being able to distribute the ball like a midfielder. 

I think Wes  will leave if any decent club comes in for him, because at 28 yrs old he will need first team football on a regular basis and he's not going to get it at Rangers as long as McGregor is there, plus the fact his contract runs out next month and if he was going to get a new contract it would have been done by now.  There's a very good chance young McCrorie  will go out on lone again, so that leaves Alnwick and Firth; Firth is only 22 yrs old and I've never seen him play except for his 10 minute cameo against Killie on the last game of the season, perhaps it will be Alnwick as 2nd keeper and Firth 3rd.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Foderingham was good with the ball at his feet but ultimately he was an absolutely dreadful shot stopper and let in shots that should be bread and butter to anybody decent. 

If we put him back in then we would drop more points from his incompetence then ever would from McGregor not being able to distribute the ball like a midfielder. 

Foderingham is terrible with the ball at his feet, he's a heart attack waiting to happen, too heavy a touch and spends to much time with the ball before releasing it causing him to just kick it anywhere, his distribution is shocking. 

8 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Totally disagree m8 , not made many mistakes. 

Each to their own but I don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough to be our number one. Too many bread and butter shots went past him when he had the jersey and it would just be more of the same if he came back in.  There’s a reason he was one of the first players Gerrard replaced.

9 minutes ago, dande101 said:

Foderingham is terrible with the ball at his feet, he's a heart attack waiting to happen, too heavy a touch and spends to much time with the ball before releasing it causing him to just kick it anywhere, his distribution is shocking. 

What a load of absolutely shite

23 minutes ago, thehost said:

Wes is the biggest bomb scare of a goalie with the ball at his feet I’ve ever seen, never mind he can’t stop a shot from distance if his life depended on it. 

I agree McGregor has a foot like a 10 bob bit but he’s not there for his rapid distribution. He’s there because he’s one of the best shot stoppers Rangers have ever had. 

7 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Totally disagree m8 , not made many mistakes. 

It’s not the mistakes. 

Hes just not a great goalie, allows far too many shots get past him that should be bread and butter saves because his positional awareness and reaction time are terrible.