Who Will Be Back Up To Allan McGregor?

6 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Fod and Alnwick need to go but will probably keep one as our back up for next year.

Surprised we didn't go for Liam Kelly as the other two needs/should go out on loan.

Kelly left us for first team football doubt he would’ve come back to sit on the bench.

14 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Kelly left us for first team football doubt he would’ve come back to sit on the bench.

Why not if its was only going to be for a year? I think we've missed out on this one coz he ain't going to be QPRs 1st choice this year.

8 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Why not if its was only going to be for a year? I think we've missed out on this one coz he ain't going to be QPRs 1st choice this year.

Are you calling time on McGregors carrier and picking MW team for him ? 

6 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

I think he will be. If a manager joins a club and makes a keeper his first signing it’s usually because they don’t like the one that’s already there.

4 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

You calling time on McGregors carrier and picking MW team for him ? 

Yep, you think McGregor will be here net year? and why would Joe Lumley get dropped after breaking through last season and displacing their, then more experienced number one?

2 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Yep, you think McGregor will be here net year? and why would Joe Lumley get dropped after breaking through last season and displacing their, then more experienced number one?

Yes I do 

New manager 

You think Kelly left us for 1st team football to then sit on the bench at QPR? 

Don't get me wrong i'd like McGregor to stay but can't see it happening he seemed to be more likely to kick/lash out last season (maybe made worse by the media) and arguing with the referee all the time, as an experienced senior member of the squad he should be setting an example to follow to the others and for that reason he either needs to reign it in or wew need to get a replacement.

It'd be a big shout from MW to drop him and its not as if he is bringing in a very experienced/ proven goalkeeper, unlike when we brought McGregor back. 

fs i thought alnwick had bolted.

would keep Wes for sure but if we can punt Alnwick then do it.

McGregor is a dafty at times but he's by far our best keeper.

Wes puts the fear in me at times but I think he has potential.

If we keep Wes then we need someone to back him up. 

Sell Alnwick and Foderingham, neither good enough longer term. Loan McCrorie and possibly Firth or keep the latter as #2 for the season.  We need to try and get our youngsters game time like we did with McGregor years ago and then they can be a #1 for us for years. 

Or has Buffon actually retired? 😜 🎣

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Each to their own but I don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough to be our number one. Too many bread and butter shots went past him when he had the jersey and it would just be more of the same if he came back in.  There’s a reason he was one of the first players Gerrard replaced.

Allan McGregor for free was the reason but I still think Fod was doing well. 

Sell Wes, keep Alnwick as backup and get the youngsters out on loan at a team where they will play regularly. 

Foderingham will be on a decent wage and should still have value in the transfer market so cash in and free up some wages whilst we can. The squad needs trimming and this makes sense to me. 

8 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

McGregor's still the best goalkeeper in the league by a distance.

I wouldn't have let Kelly go though. Should have been managed in the same way as McGregor who must have been what, 24 before he was our number 1?

Kelly wanted to go. Was offered a new deal but wanted to be a number 1 and left 

This has cracked me up 😂

Folk moaning about a position where we are absolutely solid and have 3 keepers in Alnwick, Wes and shagger. 2 young goalies in firth and mccrorie who could be 3rd choice and look like decent prospects.

Comfortably the best goalkeeping options in the league and folk still aren't happy.

For the op, unless someone leaves the order is

1. McGregor

2. Fod

3. Alnwick

4. Firth

5. Mccrorie

Maybe Alnwick and Firth swap round. Would expect Alnwick to go and we'd still be comfortable

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Made no sense to me that. Being Livingston number 1 on loan from Rangers for a year seems a better option to me than being at Livingston permanently.

He'd probably have found himself out on loan nearly every season 

12 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Made no sense to me that. Being Livingston number 1 on loan from Rangers for a year seems a better option to me than being at Livingston permanently.

Why is it better?

He’d be likely to be on loan until the rat retires so being at Livingston permanently is best for him