Who Will Be Back Up To Allan McGregor?

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Why is it better?

He’d be likely to be on loan until the rat retires so being at Livingston permanently is best for him

We'd pay him more than Livingston surely?

McGregor only got his chance due to Letizi and Klos being injured, then was so good he couldn't be dropped. Kelly could have found his way into the team under similar circumstances.

Anyway he's gone so bit of a pointless discussion I suppose. Just really rate the lad from what I've seen of him.

17 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We'd pay him more than Livingston surely?

McGregor only got his chance due to Letizi and Klos being injured, then was so good he couldn't be dropped. Kelly could have found his way into the team under similar circumstances.

Anyway he's gone so bit of a pointless discussion I suppose. Just really rate the lad from what I've seen of him.

Would all depend on his luck then, not something you want to rely on

11 hours ago, thehost said:

DO people watch the match and him:

punting the ball to where Big Lee used to be, even though he left 7 years ago.

holding the call, for no reason, allowing the opposition to get fully back

be absolutely horrendous at distribution 

He's a great shotstopper and a perfect goaly for the 90's not today and not for our pace based team.

That is the primary job of every goalkeeper.  Stop shots and keep clean sheets. Wes leaked goals in comparison and  the filth scored against him for fun.

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

That is the primary job of every goalkeeper.  Stop shots and keep clean sheets. Wes leaked goals in comparison and  the filth scored against him for fun.

Wes had a much worse team in front of him for those games.  

4 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Made no sense to me that. Being Livingston number 1 on loan from Rangers for a year seems a better option to me than being at Livingston permanently.

Good him highlighted and Livvi must be fredders about whatever release clause he had in his contract, as they could have got at least a £1M for him.

16 hours ago, BF1 said:

Wes had a much worse team in front of him for those games.  

True.  It was a  nightmare of a defence. Let's be honest though,  McGregor is a better keeper with a proven record at international and European level. I can understand people who don't like him because he deserted us during  admin but I wouldn't let that cloud my judgement of how good a keeper he is. He was outstanding in Europe last season and one of our most consistent players overall.

I would be happy to have Wes as back-up though as he performed well in the few occasions that he played last season.

11 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

True.  It was a  nightmare of a defence. Let's be honest though,  McGregor is a better keeper with a proven record at international and European level. I can understand people who don't like him because he deserted us during  admin but I wouldn't let that cloud my judgement of how good a keeper he is. He was outstanding in Europe last season and one of our most consistent players overall.

I would be happy to have Wes as back-up though as he performed well in the few occasions that he played last season.

Without a doubt shagger is the best keeper in the league. Wes is a great option to have, would rate him in the top 5 keepers in the league, probably higher if he got gametime. Reckon the only other teams he wouldn't be instant first choice are the sheep and possibly the taigs. 

3 minutes ago, BF1 said:

Without a doubt shagger is the best keeper in the league. Wes is a great option to have, would rate him in the top 5 keepers in the league, probably higher if he got gametime. Reckon the only other teams he wouldn't be instant first choice are the sheep and possibly the taigs. 

I agree with that  and I also think that Wes is by far the best second choice keeper  in the league.

Wes was our keeper on 8 occasions last season.

Conceded 6 goals, kept 3 clean sheets.

Played against Killie 3 times and conceded 3 against them. Osijek and Cowdenbeath the other 2 to score.  Killie away twice, Cowdenbeath also.

3 clean sheets were cellic, St.Johnstone both League and Ayr LC at home .

1 hour ago, SonOfLuther said:

Wes was our keeper on 8 occasions last season.

Conceded 6 goals, kept 3 clean sheets.

Played against Killie 3 times and conceded 4 against them. Osijek and Cowdenbeath the other 2 to score.  Killie away twice, Cowdenbeath also.

3 clean sheets were cellic, St.Johnstone both League and Ayr LC at home .

He conceded three against Kilmarnock, and McGregor played against Osijek.

34 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Fucking behave 😂 

Aberdeen is the only one I’ll accept is debateable

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He conceded three against Kilmarnock, and McGregor played against Osijek.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wes-foderingham/leistungsdaten/spieler/61697

They had him starting against Osijek at Ibrox (wrongly), typo when I hit 4 instead of 3. 

On 20/06/2019 at 22:10, ForeverInBlue said:

Love mccrorie to get a wee bit more experience and come back and stake a claim for No.1

I'd be looking at loaning him out to premier league side if possible this year. 

Livingston would be a good shout as they'll need a keeper with Kelly away.