Greg Stewart Interview

I’ll be honest, I can’t even remember him playing against us for them teams he mentioned before going to Birmingham. I can’t even remember him this season for killie when he was doing well, but he’s nailed his colours to the mast there and obviously comes from a good Rangers family. 

Best way to get over the rejection as a boy and make everycunt proud is to absolutely smash it now. He’s lucky he’s got a second chance to be here, he’s also lucky that he’s playing in an era that doesn’t involve the likes of the legends he’s mentioned watching from the stands, but if he fires us to 55 he’ll be every much a legend as Gazza or Laudrup. 

9 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I’ll be honest, I can’t even remember him playing against us for them teams he mentioned before going to Birmingham. I can’t even remember him this season for killie when he was doing well, but he’s nailed his colours to the mast there and obviously comes from a good Rangers family. 

Best way to get over the rejection as a boy and make everycunt proud is to absolutely smash it now. He’s lucky he’s got a second chance to be here, he’s also lucky that he’s playing in an era that doesn’t involve the likes of the legends he’s mentioned watching from the stands, but if he fires us to 55 he’ll be every much a legend as Gazza or Laudrup. 

He scored a great goal against us at Ibrox for Killie last season.

Didn’t want him, still don’t understand the signing, all you had to do was look at a sheep shagger forum and he wasn’t good enough for them, so how is he good enough for us?  But he’s here now so he’ll get a chance but I’m not optimistic, hopefully he proves me wrong. 

I’ve done a complete 180 on this signing tbh. The guy is technically talented and has a decent record with Dundee & Kilmarnock. He was shite at Aberdeen but they hardly play a style of football that helps technical players excel so they?

If he works hard to bring his fitness to a higher level and he gets opportunities I think he will be a decent addition. He gives us something completely different off the bench and that’s what we lacked last year.

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’ve done a complete 180 on this signing tbh. The guy is technically talented and has a decent record with Dundee & Kilmarnock. He was shite at Aberdeen but they hardly play a style of football that helps technical players excel so they?

If he works hard to bring his fitness to a higher level and he gets opportunities I think he will be a decent addition. He gives us something completely different off the bench and that’s what we lacked last year.

This 100%....their will be plenty of games this season where Greg Stewart will make a difference....I don't see him as a 1st team regular but we will need him for certain games as a starter or from the bench.....2 games last season that I remember for the wrong reasons Dundee away 1-1 and St Johnstone at home 0-0...4pts dropped as we had no different cutting edge that day...those games are tailor made for Greg Stewart 

Lots of punters thinking of him as an out and out winger, but he can also play just behind the striker, I believe that this may be the reason that Gerrard has signed him,  he looked really good for the first six months of the season last year for Kilmarnock in that role, then for whatever reason he went to the sheep who just hoofed the ball, on the couple of occasions he did play against us on the wing he roasted barasic (although that's no ringing endorsement I'll admit), but I'll keep my powder dry until I see him in action for us, here's hoping.

In too many games last season the bench was threadbare with no potencial game changers on it leading to dropped points. Stewart will not start many games but like Hastie will lead to a stronger bench. sheep played him out of position but that's McInnes for you.

A low risk signing.