Where is the quality

MacBoyd

27 minutes ago, left winger said:

We haven’t signed anyone new, yet, who will improve our best 11. Logic dictates that having been 9 points behind last season we need some better starting 11 players, or they need to lose some of their starting 11 players. Hopefully, Dave isn’t relying on them fucking up, rather than us improving.

I reckon Gerard thinks aribo will improve our first 11 by a fair way otherwise we wouldn't be paying him 20 grand a week.

If we get Kent, and keep Morelos, I would expect us to line up something like the following:

McGregor

Tav  Goldson Katic Barasic

Kamara

Davis/Jack/Arfield  Aribo

Arfield/Ojo          Kent

Morelos/Defoe

Alnwick, Fod, Edmundson, Polster, Flanagan, Halliday, McCrorie, Rossiter, Docherty, Dorrans, Murphy, Candeias, Hastie, Stewart, Middleton as well as others like Holt, Hardie, Dodoo, Laff, Herrera etc..

I think Arfield will be huge for us next season and will play most games. However his position may be tweaked depending on opposition. I also think Barasic will be first choice left back.

On looking at the above I think that's a pretty strong first 11 and there's also a lot of different options from the bench. We will need to lose some bodies but overall I don't think we're far away.

It's going to be difficult, probably impossible to sign another first choice striker when we already have Morelos/Defoe. Having 3 first choice strikers, primarily for 1 position is unlikely to happen. Unless neither are here next season I think we'll be looking at a solid, reliable squad striker IMO, which can be quite tricky. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Loads - for a start Tav is a Rangers player and not a temporary signing, - Kent, is a Liverpool player, getting game time with us.

Also there is more to being Rangers captain than on the park - and we want someone who is a Rangers player not a temp loanee representing the club externally - and what does it say as an example to others if your captain is a loanee - there is not the commitment or association there. 

Do you not agree that his punch on Scott Brown meant more mentally than actually winning that game 

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

Still misses too many sitters when we are drawing/1 goal infront and it really bites us in the arse. He also gets sent off every 6 games.

It's a fair point mate.  30 goals is obv the right level but his petulance has fucked us at key moments and his volatility is an on-going worry.

Actually impressed with how Gerrard has handled him over all. Even towards the end of the season when it looked like Gerrard/Morelos relations were getting strained, it seemed like the boss was able to get the message across to him without him spitting out the dummy.

Fingers crossed he'll have a little bit more maturity to complement his talent this season and we'll finally get 55!

3 hours ago, pcbear said:

We dropped 8 points v Killie alone drew 3 times with Hibs, lost at Livi etc  and fuck knows how many times they turned one point into 3 with 90 plus winners, there was no ability gap.

We dropped 10 points to killie 

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Good spot, there is the title winning margin overturned right there with these results reversed.

Killie were a decent side last season so to say we should of took 12/12 is perhaps a bit optimistic but to only take 2 pts was fucking shambolic....couple that with the the 3 draws with hibs and that realistically was the major difference 

20 minutes ago, backup said:

At the moment it is apparently quantity over quality, .......at least 99% of it is free.

Dado Prso was fucking dog shite so he was.

Just to be clear, we both agree that we bought a player (George Edmundson) for about £600k dont we? Can you name the minimum 99 free transfers we have signed which allows your statement to be true?

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Dado Prso was fucking dog shite so he was.

Just to be clear, we both agree that we bought a player (George Edmundson) for about £600k dont we? Can you name the minimum 99 free transfers we have signed which allows your statement to be true?

You are a strange person, goodbye.

The 3 positions we needed to improve were LB, CM and RW.

As of just now I am only confident we have done that with CM with Aribo. I'm yet to be convinced that Ojo is good enough for RW but maybe he will be, and it is still to be seen if we will sign a LB or just trust that Barisic will come good. 

Maybe if Ojo isn't the best we can shift players over to the right like having Kent and Murphy or Kent and Jones playing but don't know how well they will play on the other side. 

I do agree though, to think we've signed 7 players (if Aribo signs) and only improved one place in the starting line up is not what I would have hoped for at the start of the season. I still maintain we did not need half of the signings we have made. 

9 minutes ago, backup said:

He's very good at it on the political spectrum also.😂..

To be fair, I might have you beat on the Political and Footballing spectrum's, but you are streets ahead on the Autism Spectrum*.

* No offence to anyone actually on that particular spectrum, purely using it as an example to take the piss.