Rangers Retail Small Club Mentality

51 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

I don’t think that the SD issues are anything to do with piss poor levels of stock coming through from Hummel or Rangers Online Store being poorly managed.

Revise on some historic postings in the boardroom thread, they have indirectly affected our retail greatly

Schools finish the day for the holidays, place should've been flooded with all the strips for the parents and kids going on holiday which promotes more sales when they are seen wherever.  No we are not at our best merchandise wise at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Our marketing and retail hit the skids after the SDM era. It's been an incoherent amateurish fuck up ever since. All the shite with SDI hasn't helped, but some cunt with half a brain cell cell needs to grab it by the balls and get it sorted.

It's really poor. You can see the demand for things just by scrolling through this thread, as has been said earlier they should have been fully stocked with the school holidays coming up. We do have a lot of catching up to do with basically no retail income for the last few years, but the planning should have been in place ready to go. Amateurish from the club on the retail side. 

We have one of England's greatest modern footballers as our manager and we don't take advantage of that either.

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

It's really poor. You can see the demand for things just by scrolling through this thread, as has been said earlier they should have been fully stocked with the school holidays coming up. We do have a lot of catching up to do with basically no retail income for the last few years, but the planning should have been in place ready to go. Amateurish from the club on the retail side. 

We have one of England's greatest modern footballers as our manager and we don't take advantage of that either.

Exactly.  We should be coining it in.

I could spend a fortune in the old days, between the kit and all the trinkets, but now there is little on offer to spend a fortune on.

Hope it changes soon.

40 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Exactly.  We should be coining it in.

I could spend a fortune in the old days, between the kit and all the trinkets, but now there is little on offer to spend a fortune on.

Hope it changes soon.

Im the same. I don't buy the tips anymore but id buy t-shirts and I have a polo shirt. The selection is really poor considering the support we have worldwide and that it's about brand building these days.

6 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Our marketing and retail hit the skids after the SDM era. It's been an incoherent amateurish fuck up ever since. All the shite with SDI hasn't helped, but some cunt with half a brain cell cell needs to grab it by the balls and get it sorted.

I cannot understand B A why we have not employed someone with the right qualifications to get all our retail/sponsors sorted out. We had to get Pedro away from running the football team, why are we not running the money making side with as we are trying with the football.

PS I have some recall of an appointment a few weeks ago, but I cannot remember what that persons role was. :hmmm:  

Firstly, right off the bat, I hadn't been i Glasgow for about 36 years so I don't have a firm grasp on the whole retail sales fiasco. I was in Glasgow for a week just last week. Went into the St. Enoch store and,I hafta say got all I needed/wanted. Can't understand why there's fukkin tops and kits for the paedo mob EVERWHERE but only the 1 shop for Rangers-the most successful club the world.After st sales, is merchandising not the 2nd biggest revenue stream? Like I said I (obviously) don't know all the ins and outs but seems someones fucked up. Then going up the escalator on Glasgow airport going home and whats at the top? Fukkin paedo shop. Sorry guys but a bit depressing actually.

11 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I cannot understand B A why we have not employed someone with the right qualifications to get all our retail/sponsors sorted out. We had to get Pedro away from running the football team, why are we not running the money making side with as we are trying with the football.

PS I have some recall of an appointment a few weeks ago, but I cannot remember what that persons role was. :hmmm:  

Me neither. Our whole PR, marketing deal, far less our retail is the shits. 

Whilst improving on the park is of utmost importance, there is no reason why the whole gig off it is not being treated the same in parallel.

The Stevie G brand plus Rangers formulae should be 1+1=3 and it just isn't being exploited. We have that useless slug at L5, a retail deal in tatters and what we have got is amateur night at the proms.

We could/should be taking our brand to the next level and earning millons from it, but we are bound with inertia.  Not an idea between the movers and shakers.

We should be in everyone's faces with our offerings. Become the go to club for the matchday and off day experience.  A global retail network and so on.

We are pretty low key, considering we have one of the biggest names in world football as manager.

7 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Our marketing and retail went to pot when murray took the JJB coin and put everything out of our hands visually, the 3mill a year pure profit was good for the books, but the stock levels at times were fucking horrendous 

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Me neither. Our whole PR, marketing deal, far less our retail is the shits. 

Whilst improving on the park is of utmost importance, there is no reason why the whole gig off it is not being treated the same in parallel.

The Stevie G brand plus Rangers formulae should be 1+1=3 and it just isn't being exploited. We have that useless slug at L5, a retail deal in tatters and what we have got is amateur night at the proms.

We could/should be taking our brand to the next level and earning millons from it, but we are bound with inertia.  Not an idea between the movers and shakers.

We should be in everyone's faces with our offerings. Become the go to club for the matchday and off day experience.  A global retail network and so on.

We are pretty low key, considering we have one of the biggest names in world football as manager.

I agree, and I wonder what (and how) we are making from this venture at St Enoch's ??

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Will be zero after we pay compo to Ashley.

Yes probably, but I have never understood the retail set up we have with them.

As I said to Backup above we will have to hope we get off as lightly as we can and then maybe start selling out kit as we should be doing. 

15 hours ago, CammyMcC said:

Firstly, right off the bat, I hadn't been i Glasgow for about 36 years so I don't have a firm grasp on the whole retail sales fiasco. I was in Glasgow for a week just last week. Went into the St. Enoch store and,I hafta say got all I needed/wanted. Can't understand why there's fukkin tops and kits for the paedo mob EVERWHERE but only the 1 shop for Rangers-the most successful club the world.After st sales, is merchandising not the 2nd biggest revenue stream? Like I said I (obviously) don't know all the ins and outs but seems someones fucked up. Then going up the escalator on Glasgow airport going home and whats at the top? Fukkin paedo shop. Sorry guys but a bit depressing actually.

That Peado shop at the airport is actually costing them a huge amount of money to keep open. 😂😂

In everything else I agree, we beyond poor when it comes to the retail and there’s no end in sight.