Graeme Souness

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Class, quality, legend.

When you have icons like Souness and Gerrard in your corner, I get a warm feeling that things are going to be ok.

Meanwhile back at nonce fc, they have yellow fang hanging about like a burst cushion. The picture of him at trainng on ff was a fucking gem. Fucking jakey tramp.

They covet and yearn for what they can never be.

WATP!

You shouldn’t mention that wee cunt in the same breath as our legend

9 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Very fond memories of his time here ... always good to stay as friends :pipe:

I'm sure as a former Evertonian Stevie G used to cry himself to sleep many nights because of Souness :lol:

You make us all cry

3 minutes ago, Paulbrian11 said:

Souness?  Why?

Said something a bit ignorant around the time of our demotion, and as tends to happen folk overreacted to it.

You can say a million good things as an ex player then get it wrong once and RM will have your guts for garters.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Said something a bit ignorant around the time of our demotion, and as tends to happen folk overreacted to it.

You can say a million good things as an ex player then get it wrong once and RM will have your guts for garters.

👍

I remember when he left for Liverpool and caused an even bigger stir  .... lad I knew from the Drum told me they were livid ....  as their RSC was named after Souness ... to call it overreaction would have been disingenuous at the time  .... as many were feeling the same about his jumping ship.

Like everything Rangers ... life goes on and with Walter and Archie taking the helm we battled on and won our NIAR.

Truth is there to see that Souness left The Rangers in safe and capable hands ... but at that specific time he was not a popular person among a lot of our support ... or even in the boardroom by Murray's reaction .... time heals as they say and people tend to give GS more leeway now that the unthinkable never materialised.

I have lost touch with the lad from the Drum ..... but I like to think he has mellowed on his thoughts of Graeme and sees him in a positive light now ... as most now do.

:UK:

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

I remember him before a game between someone and Chelsea at Stamford bridge at the height of our shitshow . Think it may have been around the time of Mcoist announcing he was stepping down he gave one of the most passionate speeches by any of our former players over the last few years. Calling us an institution and how people are born into us and how it is vital that the club gets back into a position it belongs in.

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

IIRC, I think it was around the time that guy from Sale Sharks was trying to buy us. Souness was part of the consortium and I think he had a go at the old board. Can't remember the exact details though, but I don't think it was really aimed at us per se!