Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Gers Season Tickets Hit Record Levels

Recommended Posts


Just now, BlueMe said:

With a waiting list of 14,000 we should be looking at stadium expansion tbh. 

 

At this point any free cash should be spent on the squad. Not a couple thousand more seats. 

Smile likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cp9 said:

At this point any free cash should be spent on the squad. Not a couple thousand more seats. 

How are 14,000 people going to be able to sit on 2000 seats?

The extra season ticket income would soon pay off the expansion work. 

 

lerxst likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

With a waiting list of 14,000 we should be looking at stadium expansion tbh. 

 

That was my thought as well.  Is it viable, where would it be done?

14k waiting list suggests we could easily add another 10-15k seats and still fill the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

How are 14,000 people going to be able to sit on 2000 seats?

The extra season ticket income would soon pay off the expansion work. 

 

If all 14,000 paid about £7k each for their seat upfront it might. Likely take 10-15 years to pay off the investment needed on that.

We barely have a credit facility. Who is realistically going to lend us the cash?

Smile likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gogzy said:

That was my thought as well.  Is it viable, where would it be done?

14k waiting list suggests we could easily add another 10-15k seats and still fill the ground.

Who knows mate, there was talk a while back about removing the screens or adding another tier to the Copland road.

Fuck knows what the logistics would be or cost etc. But it's crazy if we're not even considering it, with 14k people looking to buy a season ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes you burst with pride seeing the numbers so high. I also wish they would look at expanding our stadium, it really annoys me they have a higher capacity since they rebuilt that midden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If all 14,000 paid about £7k each for their seat upfront it might. Likely take 10-15 years to pay off the investment needed on that.

We barely have a credit facility. Who is realistically going to lend us the cash?

Like i said mate, fuck knows what the cost would be to actually do it, or if it's even feasible, but once it's done, it could generate roughly £7m a year in extra income. 

Seems a waste to not even consider it when you know for a fact the demand/money is there when it's finished.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

This is the main reason folk should make sure their ticket is passed on if they can't go, whether to a friend, GovanBlue or secondary ticketing. The number of ST seats that sit empty game by game when there's such a high number of Bears wanting to go that can't get tickets is piss poor.

@govanblue my ticket is spare a lot because I sit elsewhere in the ground quite often.

While 90% of the time I give it to a friend, on the rare occasion they can’t make it is it any use to Erskine Fund as it’s just a single ticket? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Like i said mate, fuck knows what the cost would be to actually do it, or if it's even feasible, but once it's done, it could generate roughly £7m a year in extra income. 

Seems a waste to not even consider it when you know for a fact the demand/money is there when it's finished.

 

It would be extortionate i’m led to believe.

For example the new tier at Anfield in pure construction costs alone cost £74m for just under 5,000 extra seats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should be investigating options to create a few thousand extra seats here and there over the next few years. Extra rows on the front of the Copland and Broomy rears as per the Govan, putting the pitch lower again, remodelling the corners... stuff like that.

There'll be creative ways to do things.

BlueMe and Bad Robot like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Inigo said:

We should be investigating options to create a few thousand extra seats here and there over the next few years. Extra rows on the front of the Copland and Broomy rears as per the Govan, putting the pitch lower again, remodelling the corners... stuff like that.

I thought we had problems with the water table when we last lowered it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It would be extortionate i’m led to believe.

For example the new tier at Anfield in pure construction costs alone cost £74m for just under 5,000 extra seats.

A new tier is probably out our budget tbf.

But there's other options we could look at to squeeze in a few thousand more seasts at lower cost. The corners or adding extra rows would be possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

I thought we had problems with the water table when we last lowered it?

Yeah, I've read that there are water table difficulties with it going any lower than now. But we should at least be investigating whether there are any newfangled waterproofing/drainage measures that can be taken to combat the effects. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It would be extortionate i’m led to believe.

For example the new tier at Anfield in pure construction costs alone cost £74m for just under 5,000 extra seats.

The figure i saw was that FSG loaned them 110 million for the stand. Man Utd have looked at upgrading their south stand but the figures quoted for that are around 750m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No surprise to see this, I was going to get one for this season but that's not looking likely. 

As for increasing capacity, I am sure the structure of the Govan stand and the adjoining stands rely on the screens to help uphold it all so replacing the screens with seats isn't possible. Realistically you'd need to knock down 3 stands and replace them with a bigger structure to increase capacity. I shudder to think how much that would cost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...