Gers Season Tickets Hit Record Levels

Ace

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

No surprise to see this, I was going to get one for this season but that's not looking likely. 

As for increasing capacity, I am sure the structure of the Govan stand and the adjoining stands rely on the screens to help uphold it all so replacing the screens with seats isn't possible. Realistically you'd need to knock down 3 stands and replace them with a bigger structure to increase capacity. I shudder to think how much that would cost. 

What about a different solution, though? A smaller screen set back further with seats added in front so that remodelled support structures can remain in some fashion behind the set back screen that takes up less of the corner?

Like I say, we should be exploring all sorts with feasibility studies.

14 minutes ago, MisterC said:

No surprise to see this, I was going to get one for this season but that's not looking likely. 

As for increasing capacity, I am sure the structure of the Govan stand and the adjoining stands rely on the screens to help uphold it all so replacing the screens with seats isn't possible. Realistically you'd need to knock down 3 stands and replace them with a bigger structure to increase capacity. I shudder to think how much that would cost. 

The design of the roofs prevents the corners from being filled in, the cost to rectify and make structurally sound is said to be prohibitive, it would never pay for itself, always be a debt.

Hopefully the club are doing feasibility studies about increasing the capacity. Re funding I think a way of getting money together would be to sell the naming rights for say 10 years. Similar to what Arsenal did with the Emirates. Don’t think the majority of Rangers fans are that precious about Ibrox being called something else if it benefits the club long term. 👍🏻

17 minutes ago, Inigo said:

What about a different solution, though? A smaller screen set back further with seats added in front so that remodelled support structures can remain in some fashion behind the set back screen that takes up less of the corner?

Like I say, we should be exploring all sorts with feasibility studies.

I completely agree we should have a feasibility study but these things won't be cheap especially given the existing infrastructure. 

I'm no engineer so the logistics and structural stuff is not my area of expertise. 

The only building I do is of a different variety :pipe:

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Hopefully the club are doing feasibility studies about increasing the capacity. Re funding I think a way of getting money together would be to sell the naming rights for say 10 years. Similar to what Arsenal did with the Emirates. Don’t think the majority of Rangers fans are that precious about Ibrox being called something else if it benefits the club long term. 👍🏻

That's a tough one. The sponsorship money would be welcomed but I'm a bit of a traditionalist. I guess I would always call her Ibrox regardless.

12 minutes ago, B1872 said:

The naming rights were nearly stolen for a quid.  :justno::whistle:

19 minutes ago, B1872 said:

No thank you.

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

A new tier is probably out our budget tbf.

But there's other options we could look at to squeeze in a few thousand more seasts at lower cost. The corners or adding extra rows would be possible.

Would it be possible to convert part of one  of the sections to standing room only thereby increasing capacity  and, hopefully, adding  even more to the atmosphere?

6 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I honestly don’t get it. 

We are all absolutely fucking mental. 

The Season I bought my ST we had just won the league and played Man Utd in the CL. I walked into the TO and had a pick of any stand. Buying one of the best seats in the Stadium. I could be a non member of a bus and get tickets for every away game going, with the exception of Breezeblock Towers and Aberdeen. 

Roll on 10 years, in which we’ve been kicked from pillar to post, watching shite players against  plumbers and electricians and you now can’t get a ticket for St Mirren at home. 

An increase of 10,000 ST holders and 15,000 more interested on top of that?!

Unbelievable. 

If we actually win the League I think that’ll drop off massively because 15,000 will end up dead from celebrating.

I've got a collection of fine malts just waiting to kill me off thanks.  :cup:🥃

20 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I honestly don’t get it. 

We are all absolutely fucking mental. 

The Season I bought my ST we had just won the league and played Man Utd in the CL. I walked into the TO and had a pick of any stand. Buying one of the best seats in the Stadium. I could be a non member of a bus and get tickets for every away game going, with the exception of Breezeblock Towers and Aberdeen. 

Roll on 10 years, in which we’ve been kicked from pillar to post, watching shite players against  plumbers and electricians and you now can’t get a ticket for St Mirren at home. 

An increase of 10,000 ST holders and 15,000 more interested on top of that?!

Unbelievable. 

If we actually win the League I think that’ll drop off massively because 15,000 will end up dead from celebrating.

It was easy to get my season ticket in a cracking seat when I got it. 

Had to give it up as started working weekends just as we went down the leagues, now I’ve changed job just and don’t do weekends I can’t get a season ticket back 😂  Looking back I should have just kept it and went to the odd game I could have made. 

When Ibrox was rebuilt is was with 3 self contained stands and then these two corners were filled in but the roofs were not replaced. Is it not the case it would be a case of demolishing the corners and rebuilding them with seats, would obviously be expensive but not anything like some of the quotes mentioned to do one corner.

39 minutes ago, doonald said:

Would it be possible to convert part of one  of the sections to standing room only thereby increasing capacity  and, hopefully, adding  even more to the atmosphere?

I'm sure I read somewhere that you can only put the same amount of people standing as there were seats, so no it wouldn't increase the capacity

2 minutes ago, USGER said:

When Ibrox was rebuilt is was with 3 self contained stands and then these two corners were filled in but the roofs were not replaced. Is it not the case it would be a case of demolishing the corners and rebuilding them with seats, would obviously be expensive but not anything like some of the quotes mentioned to do one corner.

It's not as simple as that due to the structure. 

29 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Increasing capacity is mental. 

We’d need to see at least 5 more Seasons of this interest before they started genuinely thinking about it. 

Far bigger fish to fry right now. 

There's been a waiting list for the past 4 or 5 seasons i'm sure, although, not 14,000 right enough.

Even adding an extra few hundred seats if possible would generate 100/150k a season. 

Just seems mental that there's 14,000 people willing to put 5/6 million a season into the club when we need the money and we can't use it.