Gers Season Tickets Hit Record Levels

Ace

24 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Brilliant. Can you post your calculations for us so we can see how quickly it pays itself off and starts making money? 

Putting 10 extra seats in is still expanding. Probably pays for itself immediately tbh.

3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

No point getting angry because you were wrong mate.

I just really hope some of that extra five to ten grand you've devised the club can earn gets invested back into the playing squad. Could really make the difference next season. 

Just now, Gman36 said:

I just really hope some of that extra five to ten grand you've devised the club can earn gets invested back into the playing squad. Could really make the difference next season. 

Your original point was that they wouldn't pay for themselves and now your trying to change the subject because you were wrong.

Riddy

Just now, BlueMe said:

Your original point was that they wouldn't pay for themselves and now your trying to change the subject because you were wrong.

Riddy

An expansion would pay for itself eventually. Its the length of time it takes to pay itself back that's the problem. 

5 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

So i was right then, basically.

I've quoted myself a few times on this, will do it again 

It cost £20 million to build the club deck in 1991. With inflation and probable increased costs you'd be looking at about £50 million in today's money.  The club deck increased the main stand capacity by 10000. Say the Govan "club deck" did similar. At say £550 and an 80% uptake (the club deck has often been criticised and is normally the last stand to sell out) it would make £4.4 Million a year extra.  Without thinking of any fancy interest or economics stuff (which I know nothing of) it would take a minimum of 11 years for the new stand to pay for itself via season tickets alone, Never mind making any kind of a profit. And what kind of condition would the whole stadium be in at that point anyway?  

Actually what I missed out on that calculation was the fact that during the build you miss out on ticket sales during the time modifications are ongoing. 

Just now, Gman36 said:

I've quoted myself a few times on this, will do it again 

It cost £20 million to build the club deck in 1991. With inflation and probable increased costs you'd be looking at about £50 million in today's money.  The club deck increased the main stand capacity by 10000. Say the Govan "club deck" did similar. At say £550 and an 80% uptake (the club deck has often been criticised and is normally the last stand to sell out) it would make £4.4 Million a year extra.  Without thinking of any fancy interest or economics stuff (which I know nothing of) it would take a minimum of 11 years for the new stand to pay for itself via season tickets alone, Never mind making any kind of a profit. And what kind of condition would the whole stadium be in at that point anyway?  

Actually what I missed out on that calculation was there fact that during the build you miss out on ticket sales during the time modifications are ongoing. 

So it would pay itself off eventually, like i said it would and you said it wouldn't.

No need to be building extra tiers at the moment, but looking into expansion on a much smaller scale should be considered. 

20 hours ago, BlueMe said:

How are 14,000 people going to be able to sit on 2000 seats?

The extra season ticket income would soon pay off the expansion work. 

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

So it would pay itself off eventually, like i said it would and you said it wouldn't.

No need to be building extra tiers at the moment, but looking into expansion on a much smaller scale should be considered. 

I'm saying it wouldn't soon pay itself off. You're talking about ten years to pay itself off and that's only on the basis of consistently selling out. 

A smaller scale expansion would probably still be quite costly due to the complexity of modifying an aging stand, and there would be less economy of scale. 

Plus there must be other more pressing things the stadium needs than a small expansion. 

I'm of the opinion we don't expand this stadium any further and thing more towards a future rebuild whenever that's required. 

Just now, Gman36 said:

I'm saying it wouldn't soon pay itself off. You're talking about ten years to pay itself off and that's only on the basis of consistently selling out. 

A smaller scale expansion would probably still be quite costly due to the complexity of modifying an aging stand, and there would be less economy of scale. 

Plus there must be other more pressing things the stadium needs than a small expansion. 

I'm of the opinion we don't expand this stadium any further and thing more towards a future rebuild whenever that's required. 

Where did i say it woukd take 10 years to pay itself off? Adding extra seats here and there or an extra row if possible could be done in days, not years.

Expansion doesn't necessarily  mean new stands and new tiers. 

Just now, BlueMe said:

Where did i say it woukd take 10 years to pay itself off? Adding extra seats here and there or an extra row if possible could be done in days, not years.

Expansion doesn't necessarily  mean new stands and new tiers. 

Where are we fitting a new row in? They're already fairly tightly packed. 

There would probably be a reasonable amount of work in raising the rated capacity of the stadium. It wouldnt be case of hiring a few lads to go to b&q and get rows of seats. The paperwork, admin etc for raising the rated capacity would probably cost a fair bit and would likely wipe out any extra money you'd make for years to come. A few extra seats would probably never pay themselves back. 

5 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Where are we fitting a new row in? They're already fairly tightly packed. 

There would probably be a reasonable amount of work in raising the rated capacity of the stadium. It wouldnt be case of hiring a few lads to go to b&q and get rows of seats. The paperwork, admin etc for raising the rated capacity would probably cost a fair bit and would likely wipe out any extra money you'd make for years to come. A few extra seats would probably never pay themselves back. 

I said a new row if possible.

It wouldn't cost a fair bit for paperwork, you're clutching at straws here tbh.

My original point was they would pay for themselves eventually and they clearly would because even one seat is still expanding. 

The rest is irrelevant tbh.

7 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I said a new row if possible.

It wouldn't cost a fair bit for paperwork, you're clutching at straws here tbh.

My original point was they would pay for themselves eventually and they clearly would because even one seat is still expanding. 

The rest is irrelevant tbh.

Raising the rated capacity of the stadium would probably involve a fair bit of work. Police, council involvement. Probably need new layout drawings, updated safety plans etc. Even procurement etc of new seats, all takes time and money.

As I said you're wee plan of a few lads going out to b&q or wherever and screwing some seats in anywhere they can find is laughable. 

Tell me exactly where this new row is going in?

17 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Rome wasn't built in a day. Do it one stage at a time. Get in the Champions league next year and it becomes to look more feasible.

Honestly, it's so unlikely we will be getting into the Champions League again anytime soon. Well, unless the whole structure of European football changes. That applies to them too. 

10 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Raising the rated capacity of the stadium would probably involve a fair bit of work. Police, council involvement. Probably need new layout drawings, updated safety plans etc. Even procurement etc of new seats, all takes time and money.

As I said you're wee plan of a few lads going out to b&q or wherever and screwing some seats in anywhere they can find is laughable. 

Tell me exactly where this new row is going in?

Nobody has mentioned lads from B & Q apart from you and your "probably" theory on costs is pointless even discussing.

Already said 3 maybe 4 times, new row if possible, don't know why you're struggling with this concept tbh.

20 hours ago, gj923 said:

The figure i saw was that FSG loaned them 110 million for the stand. Man Utd have looked at upgrading their south stand but the figures quoted for that are around 750m

20 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It would be extortionate i’m led to believe.

For example the new tier at Anfield in pure construction costs alone cost £74m for just under 5,000 extra seats.

fuck that just get the cunts in from qatar theyll do it for next to nowt. As long as we keep them alive