Gers Season Tickets Hit Record Levels

Ace

8 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Nobody has mentioned lads from B & Q apart from you and your "probably" theory on costs is pointless even discussing.

Already said 3 maybe 4 times, new row if possible, don't know why you're struggling with this concept tbh.

I've read everything you've said and understand the concept. 

Do you understand what I'm trying to say? Any kind of meaningful or sizable modifications will cost more than you'd expect, and take a lot longer to payback than you'd think. It would therefore cost us money in the near to medium term to make these modifications.

I think the combination of the age of the stadium, our present financial means, and the fact the waiting list has not been a factor for long means any money would be better spent elsewhere, or else saved for a future larger stadium redevelopment/rebuild. 

27 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

I've read everything you've said and understand the concept. 

Do you understand what I'm trying to say? Any kind of meaningful or sizable modifications will cost more than you'd expect, and take a lot longer to payback than you'd think. It would therefore cost us money in the near to medium term to make these modifications.

I think the combination of the age of the stadium, our present financial means, and the fact the waiting list has not been a factor for long means any money would be better spent elsewhere, or else saved for a future larger stadium redevelopment/rebuild. 

I know what you're saying.

My point is, it doesn't need to be a sizable expansion and the long term benefits would outweigh the initial costs, almost immediately, depending on the scale of the expansion. 

I'm not saying it's important, or saying we should definitely be doing it this season, but with 14,000 fans looking to buy a seat, it would be crazy if we weren't at least looking into the possibility of expansion at some point in the future. 

9 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I know what you're saying.

My point is, it doesn't need to be a sizable expansion and the long term benefits would outweigh the initial costs, almost immediately, depending on the scale of the expansion. 

I'm not saying it's important, or saying we should definitely be doing it this season, but with 14,000 fans looking to buy a seat, it would be crazy if we weren't at least looking into the possibility of expansion at some point in the future. 

I remember the 80s, seen yirsel in a Sunday mail photo of the game :mutley:

Great that there's a waiting list, better the place rammed with people wanting in, than getting into a lot of debt to expand, just my humble opinion mate. 

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 18:10, MisterC said:

No surprise to see this, I was going to get one for this season but that's not looking likely. 

As for increasing capacity, I am sure the structure of the Govan stand and the adjoining stands rely on the screens to help uphold it all so replacing the screens with seats isn't possible. Realistically you'd need to knock down 3 stands and replace them with a bigger structure to increase capacity. I shudder to think how much that would cost. 

The goal post roof steel is only supporting the roof , so take the roof of and build on another tier and do the support with a cantilever like  Dortmunds estimated 8000 extra seats . Do the other two the same and we're at mid sixty thousands where we should be.

We have c5000 unsold seats around a 1000 for visiting league teams allow another 1000 for segregation .That leaves 3000 unsold seats are these needed for Cup/Euro matches if not we should not expand until we sell these seats.

1 hour ago, LV said:

We have c5000 unsold seats around a 1000 for visiting league teams allow another 1000 for segregation .That leaves 3000 unsold seats are these needed for Cup/Euro matches if not we should not expand until we sell these seats.

We pretty much sold out every home league game last season 

7 minutes ago, backup said:

top 5 in la liga season ticket sales.

5 - Athletic de Bilbao: 44,560

4 - Real Betis: 48,000

3 - Atletico de Madrid: 54,000

2 - Real Madrid: 61,280

1 - Barcelona: 85,000

Fascinating, I think this is really relevant to Rangers, especially since the club moved to La Liga this summer.

Hopefully get a ticket for Eibar away.

The time for expansion is gone, back when we were playing in the CL and spending big bucks was the time to do it (and it was considered).

The way things are I don’t see the need for it, we need to get back to winning trophies and every penny needs to be invested in that. Long term expansion makes money but short term we would be rooked for a good few seasons feeling the strain of it.

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

We pretty much sold out every home league game last season 

That maybe the case but if we have unsold seats how can these not be sold to the 14000 on the waiting list?

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

The time for expansion is gone, back when we were playing in the CL and spending big bucks was the time to do it (and it was considered).

The way things are I don’t see the need for it, we need to get back to winning trophies and every penny needs to be invested in that. Long term expansion makes money but short term we would be rooked for a good few seasons feeling the strain of it.

We don’t even know if we’d full it consistly long term, honestly think the attendances will die down after a couple of leagues being won

22 minutes ago, LV said:

That maybe the case but if we have unsold seats how can these not be sold to the 14000 on the waiting list?

Because you have to have a certain amount for sale on a game by game basis 

2 hours ago, LV said:

Afaik a certain number have to be held for public sale???

Good point on the segregated seats,seems to have expanded over the years?

45 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We don’t even know if we’d full it consistly long term, honestly think the attendances will die down after a couple of leagues being won

Ill keep my ticket till we win the league and probably the following season .I imagine i will leave it for  a bit after that and play more golf on a Saturday!

4 hours ago, lerxst said:

The goal post roof steel is only supporting the roof , so take the roof of and build on another tier and do the support with a cantilever like  Dortmunds estimated 8000 extra seats . Do the other two the same and we're at mid sixty thousands where we should be.

And we fund this how? 

We are approaching an almost impossible situation.

If we need to rebuild one of the stands, then it will have to be shut for the best part of a season.

We would have to move to Hampden whilst works are done, or tell perhaps 14,000 bears in the Govan that they can't come for a year.

If the waiting list exceeds 10,000 for 3 or 4 years - the demand is undoubtedly there