Hastie and McCrorie update

TMB

Mcrorie offers better defensive quality in midfield than any other player we have.

Unfortunately for him we rarely require this type of player in Scottish football. But he could be an important player in some of the big games and in Europe, especially away from home.

I still think Ross may end playing as a centre half. He reads the game well, is aggressive, quick and strong in the tackle. All he really lacks is an inch or two in height.

3 minutes ago, five stars said:

Mcrorie offers better defensive quality in midfield than any other player we have.

Unfortunately for him we rarely require this type of player in Scottish football. But he could be an important player in some of the big games and in Europe, especially away from home.

I still think Ross may end playing as a centre half. He reads the game well, is aggressive, quick and strong in the tackle. All he really lacks is an inch or two in height.

He’s 6ft 3 lol

As it’s already been mentioned I believe Gerrard was far to quick to write him off as a CB based on watching the tarrier horror show on TV.

When he first came into the team under Pedro he looked great at CB and seemed to possess all the attributes to be a top CB I remember him completely nullifying Griffiths and Dembele, but his issue is he will be great for 95% of the game but he was prone to making stupid errors and had lapses in concentration.  I think they should be focusing on eradicating that part of his game.

He isn’t good enough on the ball to be a top Defensive Midfielder (although in certain games he can still be useful in that role) his attributes are far more suiting to CB.

15 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

He does rate him and describes him as a future captain of Rangers.

He's just not got the quality required to be a Rangers midfielder. Well suited against the taigs breaking up play etc but in the games we dominate he's not really effective 

Can’t agree mate. I think we look a lot more solid and better balanced when he is in the team

16 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Preferably a top 6 side in Scotland or English Championship if staying in the UK. 

A club abroad would be good for him though in terms of improving his passing etc 

If its to be a loan spell, or an outright sale, it seems to me the best way to improve the more technical aspects of his game in terms of his creative etc distribution of the ball and turning him into a more complete midfield player then a move European club may be the best option.   That'd depend of course on his willingness to work in a foreign country and having to deal with a foreign language.    Going to the English Championship does not seem to me to be the route to improve the creative side of his game.     How many Scottish players go there and really improve their game and become far better football players as a result?   Not many I think.   But the money would be good.    As for going to a top 6 side in Scotland on loan, that just seems to me to be a means of getting more game time but not a route that would lead to a big improvement in the technical 'use of the ball' side of his game.   

Will be interested to see where he ends up.   Its a pity though that Gerrard seems to have chosen to comment about the player in the media ahead of actually deciding with the player about what happens next in his career at Rangers.   Or maybe it has been decided and Gerrard is simply applying a drip feed approach to the media so that when the move is announced it comes as no surprise to anyone, least of all the Support.  

2 hours ago, Steelydan1690 said:

He’s 6ft 3 tells u on his profile on Rangers site

Doesn't look anywhere near 6ft 3.  Looks a weak 6tft at the very best. 

6ft 3 is huge - Goldson and Katic are around that height, both dwarf mcrorie.....thats why he'll never make a centre half nowadays.

18 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

6ft 3 is huge - Goldson and Katic are around that height, both dwarf mcrorie.....thats why he'll never make a centre half nowadays.

He’s still 6ft 3 ffs  I think Rangers know better than u ,moron it’s on the Rangers website 

27 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

You don’t need to be 6’3 to make it as a centre half.

Sergio Ramos is 6’0 and he’s been one of the best centre halves in the world for over a decade now.

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You don’t need to be 6’3 to make it as a centre half.

Sergio Ramos is 6’0 and he’s been one of the best centre halves in the world for over a decade now.

All being equal i would rather have 2 guys at 6ft 3 than 6ft. 

I think Dembele ragdolling him shows that hes not strong enough to play tgat position.

Just now, Steelydan1690 said:

What a retard ffs 😂 it’s on his profile on Rangers website also on his wiki but u know best 

Youre the retard.

Goldson is stated as 6ft 3 and hes a lot taller - you might no be the brightest but the 2 of them cant be 6ft 3 - even though it says that they are on tthe wee Rangers profile thingy and wiki 😜

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Dembele rag dolled him because he was a young inexperienced player who was left exposed in a system that gave him no protection. It was morning to do with his lack of height. 

He was outmuscled and outpaced. It happens top

37 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Nae bother mongo 

Ok Ross

35 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Youre the retard.

Goldson is stated as 6ft 3 and hes a lot taller - you might no be the brightest but the 2 of them cant be 6ft 3 - even though it says that they are on tthe wee Rangers profile thingy and wiki 😜

no way he's 6ft 3 btw, far from it. Could see that at the PoTY night when all the selfies were getting taken.  I wouldn't hold our digital media team as incapable of making a mistake.

1 minute ago, Copeland1983 said:

no way he's 6ft 3 btw, far from it. Could see that at the PoTY night when all the selfies were getting taken.  I wouldn't hold our digital media team as incapable of making a mistake.

Thank you mate.  Common sense prevails.....some naevity on  here at times.....it must be true ah read it in the paper!!!

No idea if this is accurate or not:  :thinking:

Ross McCrorie

Personal information

Full name Ross McCrorie

Date of birth18 March 1998 (age 21)

Place of birth Dailly, Scotland

Height1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)

Playing positionCentre back / Defensive midfielder

Club information

Current team

Rangers

Number17

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Dembele rag dolled him because he was a young inexperienced player who was left exposed in a system that gave him no protection. It was morning to do with his lack of height. 

I’ve tried a few times but I can’t get morning to come up while trying to type nothing.

My next task is to watch the cut on my arms slowly heal before I put a 9mm through my brain.