Tavernier & Barisic Stats

Ace

6 hours ago, MrMeeseeks said:

I actually like the guy but Barisic will have better looking stats because he's played far less, right? I may be wrong on that one though, not sure. I feel as if he'd look a lot better if he had a partner on the left that covered him when he roams forward the way Candeias does with Tav. He needs more time to show whether he's good enough or not, I'd give him until January to prove it.

Agree -- but the partner he (MO) really needs s Katic  playing left side of central defence --- they seemed to work well together but Barisic suffered when Worral played.  Hopefully pre-season and injury free helps him progress. 

6 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Big season for him coming up, hope he can pull it together mentally as there's clearly a player in there. 

Hopefully a year of experience in the league and a strong pre season behind him will help. I think he should start the season with the jersey hut if there is no improvement then it’s somewhere we should look to improve on in January.

It’s frustrating when people try and use stats to tell the full story or tell us what we see week in with our eyes is wrong.

Barisic contributed nothing except an assist against Villarreal and that’s it. He got roasted from a few SPL wingers and went into most challenges half arsed.

2 minutes ago, Sash tap said:

It’s frustrating when people try and use stats to tell the full story or tell us what we see week in with our eyes is wrong.

Barisic contributed nothing except an assist against Villarreal and that’s it. He got roasted from a few SPL wingers and went into most challenges half arsed.

That's the spirit. Let's just give the guy a chance after a decent pre season. I have a feeling he'll do pretty well.

5 minutes ago, Sash tap said:

He’s had a full season already. Quite a lengthy trial.

He’s not going to just grow a spine over summer.

I know sometimes players just don't take to certain clubs/country's, but you don't get to play for Croatia unless you're a decent player. Let's the guy one more chance

7 minutes ago, Sash tap said:

Barisic got more than one assist last season.  I think he was credited as having 3 assists for Rangers (not including the one he got in the friendly against Helsinki).  He also got assists and goals for Osijek and Croatia which all demonstrate he has an end product.

Many claim Tavernier can’t defend but using hard data we can prove that’s completely inaccurate - That’s why statistics are good.  Tavernier was the whipping boy for a long time,  now it’s Barisic’s turn, but players often prove punters wrong.

Barisic struggled with injuries last season and admitted himself that he underperformed.  By all accounts he’s impressing over in Portugal so let’s see what the new season brings.  

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

Barisic got more than one assist last season.  I think he was credited as having 3 assists for Rangers (not including the one he got in the friendly against Helsinki).  He also got assists and goals for Osijek and Croatia which all demonstrate he has an end product.

Many claim Tavernier can’t defend but using hard data we can prove that’s completely inaccurate - That’s why statistics are good.  Tavernier was the whipping boy for a long time,  now it’s Barisic’s turn, but players often prove punters wrong.

Barisic struggled with injuries last season and admitted himself that he underperformed.  By all accounts he’s impressing over in Portugal so let’s see what the new season brings.  

I hope you and the other poster are correct.

I always stuck by him last season until about the final quarter when he couldn’t get a look in. Then he gets his chance in the final game of the season and turned in that performance. At that point I thought it’s time we bring in a new LB.

Personally I don’t see it happening with him due to the timidity in his play. That’s not something I feel can really be coached.

But we shall see.

Sasa papac was very timid when he first came to Scotland. Really started well his second season and late towards the end of his first (albeit under Smith). Barisic is probably a better footballer as well so hopefully hes used to the rigmarole of Scottish football and comes on leaps and bounds.

Think Grezda might be a bad influence on Barisic as well. If his best pal can't give a fuck then it can rub off on others.

On 01/07/2019 at 11:56, Burts91 said:

Sasa papac was very timid when he first came to Scotland. Really started well his second season and late towards the end of his first (albeit under Smith). Barisic is probably a better footballer as well so hopefully hes used to the rigmarole of Scottish football and comes on leaps and bounds.

Think Grezda might be a bad influence on Barisic as well. If his best pal can't give a fuck then it can rub off on others.

Some amount of nonsense in the one post that 

On 01/07/2019 at 13:07, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

He’s going to be a main stay this year and prove a lot of people wrong.

Hope your right mate but unfortunately Gerrard can’t install a heart and all the hairy arsed spl teams smell blood with Barisic and play down him , he’s not stood up to it yet , he’ll end up moving to serie A or some other league via his next club for a lot of money no doubt , but our league is a different animal and he’s just not cut out for it 

The stats don't show how piss poor he has been when selected. Naturally I'm willing to give the guy another go as he did look a player initially but failed to really make his mark.

Maybe this season he will find more consistency in his game.

As for Tab, takes a lot of flak but I think he's great, bit greedy now and then but his work ethic is top drawer.

I don’t think Barasic has been that bad. Seems like Stevie G throwing him under a bus has turned everyone against him. The narrative is such a big influence on some of our fan base. 

Clyde 1 constantly pedal the myth that Tav can’t defend, and half our fans believe it, whereas if you actual watch the games properly or look at the stats it tells a totally different story. 

If Gerrard hadn’t done it, think more would be giving him the benefit of the doubt. 

Never been a fan of statistics , you could have Barisic putting in 2 crosses against st Mirren , the buffalo making a great run and scoring from them,  Tav could beat 3 men against celtic and square it for a Defoe Tap in ,then the same against Aberdeen , it counts as the same but isn’t even close to being the same  , best judging with the naked eye and that concludes tavs a million times the player Barisic will ever be 

Tav hasn’t been poor defensively ages now. He was outstanding at the back last season. Anyone who watches our games regularly would know that. Some fans just love to repeat opinions they’ve heard on the radio or read in the papers and pedal it as fact, for whatever reason. 

6 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Tav hasn’t been poor defensively ages now. He was outstanding at the back last season. Anyone who watches our games regularly would know that. Some fans just love to repeat opinions they’ve heard on the radio or read in the papers and pedal it as fact, for whatever reason. 

@ForeverAndEver does this on a regular basis