Josh McPake to Sign a New Deal

Marky.

12 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Great news indeed, had bad feeling he was about to be lured away. 

There are a few right good prospects in the group he's a part of. Think him and Kai Henderson have big futures ahead of them 

Kai Kennedy you mean?

Great news about the young lad. Really does look a class player with a bright future. All about how he’s managed now regards game time/loaned out etc to gain experience. Few youngsters we have that look very promising! 🇬🇧 

McPake is one of the standouts from that group, as is Cammy Palmer,  Kai Kennedy. Dapo Mebude, Stephen Kelly plus a few others who look to have some potential. I watched them as much as possible last year and I can honestly say after watching them every day in Portugal they have came on in leaps and bounds training with the main squad.Gerrard will have to make some serious decisions soon if these lads keep improving; play them or loan them out (plus Middleton).

Banking for a few more seasons really excellent potential is probably a very sound piece of business.    The difficult bit is still to come.   

As ever the question will be whether the player can show enough to persuade Gerrard to give him enough first team experience to see if potential can be translated into actual first team quality performances in games that matter when points must be won or cup ties won.  And whether Gerrard is prepared to take the risk of playing him to see if he can make the transition into a really good first team player.  Or perhaps a loan to another club may beckon first in order to give the player first team experience and Gerrard takes things from there once he sees how the player adapts.

The player and the manager now have additional time to see if there is a star Rangers first team player in the making - one who goes on to have a great career at Rangers and who maybe in due course moves on in due course for a very healthy transfer fee.    Here's hoping. 

10 hours ago, Ozblue said:

McPake is one of the standouts from that group, as is Cammy Palmer,  Kai Kennedy. Dapo Mebude, Stephen Kelly plus a few others who look to have some potential. I watched them as much as possible last year and I can honestly say after watching them every day in Portugal they have came on in leaps and bounds training with the main squad.Gerrard will have to make some serious decisions soon if these lads keep improving; play them or loan them out (plus Middleton).

Dapo Mebude, Kai Kennedy and Josh McPake are a little younger than Palmer and Kelly they have been playing up a level (reserves) last season. 

6 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Dapo Mebude, Kai Kennedy and Josh McPake are a little younger than Palmer and Kelly they have been playing up a level (reserves) last season. 

That's correct and it shows just how much talent they have when they are going so well. The big question is going to be what happens to these lads in the next few seasons to give them game time considering the players we have just signed, or potentially going to sign.

17 hours ago, Ozblue said:

That's correct and it shows just how much talent they have when they are going so well. The big question is going to be what happens to these lads in the next few seasons to give them game time considering the players we have just signed, or potentially going to sign.

We keep hearing about the possibility of colt teams operating in the lower leagues and that for me would solve the issue of players in their late teens getting the regular competitive games they need to develop. 

However its all been talk but I suspect it will come to nothing due to self interest and a lack of imagination and competence from the Scottish football authorities 

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:13, Ozblue said:

You will have to be an outstanding talent to make the first team now, but that is exactly how it should be.