Josh McPake to Sign a New Deal

Marky.

8 hours ago, MisterC said:

We keep hearing about the possibility of colt teams operating in the lower leagues and that for me would solve the issue of players in their late teens getting the regular competitive games they need to develop. 

However its all been talk but I suspect it will come to nothing due to self interest and a lack of imagination and competence from the Scottish football authorities 

Having colts in the lower leagues would be the logical answer but unfortunately logic has rarely been a commodity in the governance of  Scottish football. I really think that any chance of this being introduced has disappeared with that Rangers hating cunt from Alloa now being the vice-president of the SFA. so that being the case, Stevie Gerrard/ Mark Allen will have to decide who leaves the club if they want to keep these youngsters at Ibrox, if they are good enough to stay.

8 hours ago, pcbear said:

You will have to be an outstanding talent to make the first team now, but that is exactly how it should be.

That's definitely how it should be, and it's much harder now than it has been in the last 6-7 years where some of these youngsters could have made the first team squad as opposed to (Aird, Beerman, Walsh, Hardie, Gasparotto, to name a few) Our current squad is massive@36  (with a few more expected by the end of the transfer window according to Gerrard, so we will have to get rid of 1 keeper from the current 5, then I expect, Dorrans, Lafferty, Grezda, Dodoo, Herrera, Holt, plus one or both of Rossiter, Docherty to be sold; possibly both the McCrorie brothers and Middleton to go out on loan.

3 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

That's definitely how it should be, and it's much harder now than it has been in the last 6-7 years where some of these youngsters could have made the first team squad as opposed to (Aird, Beerman, Walsh, Hardie, Gasparotto, to name a few) Our current squad is massive@36  (with a few more expected by the end of the transfer window according to Gerrard, so we will have to get rid of 1 keeper from the current 5, then I expect, Dorrans, Lafferty, Grezda, Dodoo, Herrera, Holt, plus one or both of Rossiter, Docherty to be sold; possibly both the McCrorie brothers and Middleton to go out on loan.

Doc won’t be going anywhere, he will get the chance to impress until January.

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Doc won’t be going anywhere, he will get the chance to impress until January.

I personally would rather see him go on loan again rather be sold if he doesn't get a chance to get a decent run in the starting squad. He's going to be up against strong opposition that are Gerrard signings; Arfield, Davis, Aribo, Ojo, Kamara, Stewart that play in that midfield area, so I hope he gets his chance to impress.

Great news.

Fat too often we have lost young promising youths to Down south and I got the fear that this was another one.

Superb to see the young lad sees his future at ibrox. Really high hopes for this lad. 

I have watched the reserves for the last two years this year Mcpake, Palmer and Kelly have been really good. Kelly has been the best player over the last two years IMO.  He needs to be given a chance but will probs go on loan because we have so many 1st team players.  But the danger is these boys go on loan and do well and other teams cherry pick them for peanuts.

6 minutes ago, Bluetruth said:

I have watched the reserves for the last two years this year Mcpake, Palmer and Kelly have been really good. Kelly has been the best player over the last two years IMO.  He needs to be given a chance but will probs go on loan because we have so many 1st team players.  But the danger is these boys go on loan and do well and other teams cherry pick them for peanuts.

Kelly is an excellent young player. His chance is now, unfortunately I can't see it happening. 

15 minutes ago, Klos' Glove said:

I'd like to see a good number of youngsters get a chance this season, if they're as good as most here are saying (seen very little of them so don't know). Not every other game, but plenty of chances off the bench when we are 3 up, and in cup games.

👍

Me too mate ...... If they are good enough then they are ready to be given a chance.

:UK:

On 02/07/2019 at 06:06, Ozblue said:

Having colts in the lower leagues would be the logical answer but unfortunately logic has rarely been a commodity in the governance of  Scottish football. I really think that any chance of this being introduced has disappeared with that Rangers hating cunt from Alloa now being the vice-president of the SFA. so that being the case, Stevie Gerrard/ Mark Allen will have to decide who leaves the club if they want to keep these youngsters at Ibrox, if they are good enough to stay.

We already have colt teams playing in the challenge cup or whatever it’s called  now, teams like Alloa could gain financially from this with higher gates when playing the colts. I think this might happen at some point in the future.

Obviously only if pedo Pete pushes for it though.  😔 

On 03/07/2019 at 20:36, Tiger Shaw said:

We already have colt teams playing in the challenge cup or whatever it’s called  now, teams like Alloa could gain financially from this with higher gates when playing the colts. I think this might happen at some point in the future.

Obviously only if pedo Pete pushes for it though.  😔 

That is true, but a different kettle of fish compared to having them play in a full League format. I don't think there would be many clubs in the bottom League vote to admit colt teams from higher divisions into their set-up, plus I think some of the clubs from the regional Leagues would  rightfully get pissed off why the SFA would allow it as opposed to helping regional clubs flourish. Of course, I could be wrong in my thinking and find there are people in power who have a bit of vision.

4 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

That is true, but a different kettle of fish compared to having them play in a full League format. I don't think there would be many clubs in the bottom League vote to admit colt teams from higher divisions into their set-up, plus I think some of the clubs from the regional Leagues would  rightfully get pissed off why the SFA would allow it as opposed to helping regional clubs flourish. Of course, I could be wrong in my thinking and find there are people in power who have a bit of vision.

It's fairly obvious that you do it by expanding the league - go to a 14×4 league structure meaning 14 extra teams, fill that with a mix of u21s and Highland and Lowland leagues (say 6,4,4). 2 up 2 down in all leagues each season, and a 7/7 split after 26 games, meaning everyone has same number home and away games and more meaningful games second half of the season. Also the total of 38 games over 40 game weeks helps if theres any fixture congestion, as every team has 2 free game weeks after Feb to catch up on cup replays and stuff.

U21 teams cant be promoted into the same league as their regular team, even if they earn promotion in next lower league.

It's no rocket science, most other countries manage it.

30 minutes ago, Klos' Glove said:

It's fairly obvious that you do it by expanding the league - go to a 14×4 league structure meaning 14 extra teams, fill that with a mix of u21s and Highland and Lowland leagues (say 6,4,4). 2 up 2 down in all leagues each season, and a 7/7 split after 26 games, meaning everyone has same number home and away games and more meaningful games second half of the season. Also the total of 38 games over 40 game weeks helps if theres any fixture congestion, as every team has 2 free game weeks after Feb to catch up on cup replays and stuff.

U21 teams cant be promoted into the same league as their regular team, even if they earn promotion in next lower league.

It's no rocket science, most other countries manage it.

It's amazing that the majority of fans could come up with a sensible plan to incorporate Colt teams and clubs from the regional leagues, yet the chairmen from the bottom divisions can't, or won't take the blinkers off and formulate a plan to improve Scottish football in general and young Scottish talent in particular, for whatever reason they have.

There's certainly no rocket science involved and yes, other countries manage it just fine, but obviously these other countries are governed by people with vision, unlike the blinkered self centered rodents who make the decisions in Scottish football.

It’s interesting the German clubs seem to have totally changed their transfer policies by chasing down top talent that have just broken into the first team or haven’t at all. 

They’re now looking at young Scottish players like Greg Taylor, albeit a Kilmarnock mainstay in the team but it’ll be interesting to see if there are more European clubs willing to take a chance on younger players in this league breaking through. 

I hope that McPake is tied down soon and for a long time. He’s the one I can see in our team this year but definitely next year

25 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Has the lad signed his new deal yet?

Not as far as I know. There's been nothing on the club site stating that he's signed it (unless I missed it), whereas there's confirmation that Cammy Palmer has extended his contract by 1 year.

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

It's amazing that the majority of fans could come up with a sensible plan to incorporate Colt teams and clubs from the regional leagues, yet the chairmen from the bottom divisions can't, or won't take the blinkers off and formulate a plan to improve Scottish football in general and young Scottish talent in particular, for whatever reason they have.

There's certainly no rocket science involved and yes, other countries manage it just fine, but obviously these other countries are governed by people with vision, unlike the blinkered self centered rodents who make the decisions in Scottish football.

Tbh it's all down to money . Expanding the league will NEVER happen as all the diddy teams want 2 visits from us and the other lot as that basically gives them their budget for the season.

14 hours ago, Orangeclement said:

Tbh it's all down to money . Expanding the league will NEVER happen as all the diddy teams want 2 visits from us and the other lot as that basically gives them their budget for the season.

That certainly has a lot to do with it.