Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CR3

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Recommended Posts

Won game of the year. For fans of: Dark souls / Nioh / Fallen Order / Ninja Gaiden. 

Will have ye wanting to launch your pad out the windae on multiple occasions  but rewarding as it is difficult!

Solid but great too.

Anyone get it?

BouncyBluenose87 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Bought it a wee while ago and think I've hit a brick wall, having to unlearn everything after playing 4 Souls games is a pain in the arse. 

Aye its all about the parry mate, I missed the dark souls roll in this at the start too.

Most folk's brick wall is that Genichiro - after him you get on a bit of a roll. He's an absolute cunt though at first then you learn the phases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/06/2019 at 21:46, CR3 said:

What a game

Will have ye wanting to launch your pad out the windae on multiple occasions  but rewarding as it is difficult.

2 bosses and I'm finally done and its been out a couple month.  Solid but as I said great game too.

Anyone get it or no have the patience?

Been toying on whether to buy this or not. Is the gameplay like Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3? Played both of them on PS4 and loved them.

CR3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Been toying on whether to buy this or not. Is the gameplay like Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3? Played both of them on PS4 and loved them.

its great man, no brainer if you liked those from soft games.

Dark Souls was all about rolling and dodging - this is a parry based combat where you get a boss' posture up and can beat them that way or by their HP 

So, its different but crackin in it's own right.

Canny wait for Elden Ring now, heard sekiro might not be getting DLC.

BouncyBluenose87 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/07/2019 at 18:05, CR3 said:

its great man, no brainer if you liked those from soft games.

Dark Souls was all about rolling and dodging - this is a parry based combat where you get a boss' posture up and can beat them that way or by their HP 

So, its different but crackin in it's own right.

Canny wait for Elden Ring now, heard sekiro might not be getting DLC.

Just looked at prices for it online and can only see it sitting around the £40-£50 mark.

I’ll wait for it to drop in price. Don’t get me wrong, I reckon it’s worth £40-£50 but I feel that’s pricy. Hopefully price will drop in a P.S. Store sale soon 👍🏼

CR3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/06/2019 at 21:50, BridgeIsBlue said:

Bought it a wee while ago and think I've hit a brick wall, having to unlearn everything after playing 4 Souls games is a pain in the arse. 

 

On 30/06/2019 at 21:55, CR3 said:

Aye its all about the parry mate, I missed the dark souls roll in this at the start too.

Most folk's brick wall is that Genichiro - after him you get on a bit of a roll. He's an absolute cunt though at first then you learn the phases.

Picked this up again, kicked Genichiros cunt in now getting my shit pushed in something chronic from that fucking Guardian Ape. 

Good times. 

CR3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/03/2020 at 16:18, BridgeIsBlue said:

 

Picked this up again, kicked Genichiros cunt in now getting my shit pushed in something chronic from that fucking Guardian Ape. 

Good times. 

Class, he was the 1st main brick wall I hit.

Firecrackers are good for that ape

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/03/2020 at 16:18, BridgeIsBlue said:

 

Picked this up again, kicked Genichiros cunt in now getting my shit pushed in something chronic from that fucking Guardian Ape. 

Good times. 

How you gettin on with it now mate?

went and completed Dark Souls 3 again over the lockdown for a laugh. Much easier levelled up. Ringed City DLC has a couple of ridiculous bosses though.

BridgeIsBlue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, CR3 said:

How you gettin on with it now mate?

went and completed Dark Souls 3 again over the lockdown for a laugh. Much easier levelled up. Ringed City DLC has a couple of ridiculous bosses though.

Near the end just got back to Ashina Castle again, for the first time ever playing a Souls game I've been using guides to determine where to go to next but I've had to do it. 

Still not sure if I want to go into NG+ and have subsequent playthroughs in all honesty, there's no real memorable areas, enemies, bosses, NPCS or even weapons, they could have had something really special with this game but they got lazy imo, the biggest detraction is the constant recycling of bosses and mini bosses, just gets tiresome coming up against Headless etc for the 3rd time in a few hours. 

Bloodborne might be getting bought again in the very near future, that's still the jewel in the crown, everything about the game is just on a different level to any other in the series. 

BB > 1 > 3 > Sekiro > 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Near the end just got back to Ashina Castle again, for the first time ever playing a Souls game I've been using guides to determine where to go to next but I've had to do it. 

Still not sure if I want to go into NG+ and have subsequent playthroughs in all honesty, there's no real memorable areas, enemies, bosses, NPCS or even weapons, they could have had something really special with this game but they got lazy imo, the biggest detraction is the constant recycling of bosses and mini bosses, just gets tiresome coming up against Headless etc for the 3rd time in a few hours. 

Bloodborne might be getting bought again in the very near future, that's still the jewel in the crown, everything about the game is just on a different level to any other in the series. 

BB > 1 > 3 > Sekiro > 2

after the Owl back at the castle fight you’ve got a bit of Eavesdropping and dialogue to do if you want extra bosses and to go and do Father owl in Hirata estate on fire and others. Don’t obey the Iron Code or it will start your last fight against Emma/Isshin (the shite version) and your playthrough will end with the “Shura” ending. What yer wanting is the Purification ending then it’s up to you how many of the 4 endings you do and the replayability 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CR3 said:

after the Owl back at the castle fight you’ve got a bit of Eavesdropping and dialogue to do if you want extra bosses and to go and do Father owl in Hirata estate on fire and others. Don’t obey the Iron Code or it will start your last fight against Emma/Isshin (the shite version) and your playthrough will end with the “Shura” ending. What yer wanting is the Purification ending then it’s up to you how many of the 4 endings you do and the replayability 

On the last boss now, skipped the rest of the mini bosses after it went night time honestly can't be arsed facing cunts I've already beaten again. 

Easily the most frustrating souls game I've played and it didn't need to be which is a shame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

On the last boss now, skipped the rest of the mini bosses after it went night time honestly can't be arsed facing cunts I've already beaten again. 

Easily the most frustrating souls game I've played and it didn't need to be which is a shame. 

Isshin is a good challenge 

I’ve got a strat that makes it a bit of a piece of piss when you keep him at distance in lives 3 & 4 and get him to do that jump at you, side-step it and mortal draw him to oblivion, it does good damage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, CR3 said:

Isshin is a good challenge 

I’ve got a strat that makes it a bit of a piece of piss when you keep him at distance in lives 3 & 4 and get him to do that jump at you, side-step it and mortal draw him to oblivion, it does good damage. 

The core mechanics of the game once you get used to them are brilliant, everything else drags it down though.

Have you played all the games in the series? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The core mechanics of the game once you get used to them are brilliant, everything else drags it down though.

Have you played all the games in the series? 

Aye, started off with Dark Souls 3 actually, bit of a graphics hoooor myself but these games are mainly about gameplay so the 1st & 2nd (at the time they were released) weren’t really doing it for me. After 3, Sekiro was next then it’s only until recently I got DS remastered and appreciated it a lot, the world design and how it all links is incredible. Then even done the second a couple of weeks ago, slow rolling was a bit baws until you get your agility to 110. Long game but the weakest in the series.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR3 said:

Aye, started off with Dark Souls 3 actually, bit of a graphics hoooor myself but these games are mainly about gameplay so the 1st & 2nd (at the time they were released) weren’t really doing it for me. After 3, Sekiro was next then it’s only until recently I got DS remastered and appreciated it a lot, the world design and how it all links is incredible. Then even done the second a couple of weeks ago, slow rolling was a bit baws until you get your agility to 110. Long game but the weakest in the series.  

You need to play Bloodborne if you haven't its easily the best out the lot imo, from the change in gameplay to the setting then you add in the bosses and npc quests along with the weapons etc, I can't speak highly enough of it. 

I'd love it if they announced a sequel but looking unlikely with Elden Ring in the pipeline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

You need to play Bloodborne if you haven't its easily the best out the lot imo, from the change in gameplay to the setting then you add in the bosses and npc quests along with the weapons etc, I can't speak highly enough of it. 

I'd love it if they announced a sequel but looking unlikely with Elden Ring in the pipeline. 

Aye I've been tempted for ages. PS4 exclusives are good.

Canny wait for Elden Ring, is it June?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Aye I've been tempted for ages. PS4 exclusives are good.

Canny wait for Elden Ring, is it June?

 

Most likely delayed tbh, nothing has been shown of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CR3

Just merked Isshin after a few hours, missed out on the 2nd owl fight so gonna try get it on a 2nd run. 

Have a pure love/hate relationship with this like no other souls game, hopefully subsequent playthroughs will bump it up a notch or two on my rankings for the series. 

CR3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice mate, you know where to go now. I rattled out that Shura ending next in a couple hours after and you get the other isshin, not as hard. You just need to Obey the Iron Code.

On the topic of souls,  have you watched any of the cunts like Faraaz Khan and Happy Hob that no hit run all the games? They're on twitch streaming a lot. I've spent a bit too much time on it but can be alright to stick on bored. 

 

BridgeIsBlue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Nice mate, you know where to go now. I rattled out that Shura ending next in a couple hours after and you get the other isshin, not as hard. You just need to Obey the Iron Code.

On the topic of souls,  have you watched any of the cunts like Faraaz Khan and Happy Hob that no hit run all the games? They're on twitch streaming a lot. I've spent a bit too much time on it but can be alright to stick on bored. 

Nah not watched any of them but will check them out. 

CR3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...