Bhoys v Bluenoses podcast Episode 2

1 minute ago, murzo said:

@BlueMe and @BridgeIsBlue

@gogzy already has said, if you don’t like it don’t post. Don’t voice your opinions and everything will be alright. It’s that simple. 🙈🙉🙊

Could spam random Latin shite in the hope of getting said thread deleted, seems to be alright for other cunts. 

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

Given it's being produced for a third-party and properly produced etc for us, it's unlikely that'll happen. If it does, I simply can't see the boss letting it go out.

Agree about the podcasts bit tbh, I'm not a massive fan of them in general but I was asked to do it so, I'll do it.

Fair enough, if its what's asked of you then it has to be done same as most employers who might ask staff to do a job they may not like. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Nah not at all.  Just blows my mind how frequently folk insist I speak/write about peados. If you want to talk about it with them then by all means, fill your boots but it'll not be happening on a football podcast I'm doing.

It's the perfect platform to ask them why they continue to support such a club, unless you're just doing it to fill in some non sectarian report card. 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So how does that fit with the Hamish/David bit given it's neither in the headline to entice you in (you know, like bait) and neither are likely to influence the SEO results?

You're wording in the OP was used to get a reaction and maximise interest by using material you knew would cause a reaction. I'm not buying the "couldn't be arsed changing it" part at all tbh. Bad publicity is good publicity as they say and that's fair enough.

The same way the media use Rangers' name in a story with very little connection to get people talking about it and maximise exposure. 

Both examples of click bait.

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

Fair enough, if its what's asked of you then it has to be done same as most employers who might ask staff to do a job they may not like. 

It's not an idea I don't like but see where there can be difficulties. Definitely think there's an opportunity to make it something worthwhile though and, as I said to someone last week, it's not as if I'm not argumentative at times.

5 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

You're wording in the OP was used to get a reaction and maximise interest by using material you knew would cause a reaction. I'm not buying the "couldn't be arsed changing it" part at all tbh. Bad publicity is good publicity as they say add that's fair enough.

The same way the media use Rangers' name in a story with very little connection to get people talking about it and maximise exposure. 

Their names being in the description literally can't be click-bait because I've already got you to click into the thread. There's nothing about them that is 'click-bait' to entice youinto downloading the pod.

Why would them being named in the description 'cause a reaction'? The name of the podcast kinda gives it away that they'll be involved. It's hardly a big surprise when you then read in in the description.

EDIT: Rangers name is attached to stories to boost it's search ranking. Putting David and Hamish in the description will have no bearig on the search results. You've no idea what you're on about.

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's the perfect platform to ask them why they continue to support such a club, unless you're just doing it to fill in some non sectarian report card. 

Talking about football is filling in a "non sectarian report card?"

What the fuck is a "non sectarian report card?"

4 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

You're wording in the OP was used to get a reaction and maximise interest by using material you knew would cause a reaction. I'm not buying the "couldn't be arsed changing it" part at all tbh. Bad publicity is good publicity as they say and that's fair enough.

"Paedo Rangers fan lures underage girl to sending lucid pictures". 

"Football fans wearing green escape jail for hanging effigies of Rangers fans". 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

"Paedo Rangers fan lures underage girl to sending lucid pictures". 

"Football fans wearing green escape jail for hanging effigies of Rangers fans".  

Which of those stories did I have ANY involvement in? Or we just greeting about random shite now?

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Talking about football is filling in a "non sectarian report card?"

What the fuck is a "non sectarian report card?"

You're doing it to elevate yourself onto some soapbox to  show your tarrier pals you're not like the rest of us orange bastards. 

Can guarantee you this idea of a podcast wouldn't be entertained on this forum 7 years ago. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

You're doing it to elevate yourself onto some soapbox to  show your tarrier pals you're not like the rest of us orange bastards. 

Can guarantee you this idea of a podcast wouldn't be entertained on this forum 7 years ago. 

No, I'm doing it because the guy that signs off my wages every month sent me an email asking me what I thought about the idea and if I'd be interested in being involved. I was quite intriqued by it and thought it would be something interesting to try out - and if nothing else, it's another string to my bow and another line on my CV for the next time I'm looking for work.

Nah, seven years ago we were too busy hailing Chuckles as the saviour and begging to get thrown into the third division.

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

Came across as condescending as fuck tbh. 

The way the forum is ran has nothing to do with this point.

I thought his accusation of mods and admin taking payment to promote or allow content was ridiculous. I can admit that it was a bit condescending but that was purely because it was posted in the heat of the moment and I thought his initial point was so ridiculous that it warranted that type of response. So my apologies to @eejay the dj for being a bit of twat but I still think it was a crazy accusation to make 😉😂

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Their names being in the description literally can't be click-bait because I've already got you to click into the thread. There's nothing about them that is 'click-bait' to entice youinto downloading the pod.

Why would them being named in the description 'cause a reaction'? The name of the podcast kinda gives it away that they'll be involved. It's hardly a big surprise when you then read in in the description.

The wording of your OP has got this thread to 13 pages, not the content of your podcast. But you already knew that, I'm sure.

The more traffic, the more chance of people downloading, you may even get a few people who know the content beforehand and disagree, but download anyway just so they can disagree with the content with first hand knowledge. 

Oldest trick in the book tbh.

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

You're doing it to elevate yourself onto some soapbox to  show your tarrier pals you're not like the rest of us orange bastards

Perspective employers mate. been so obvious in all the time I've posted here.

Just now, BlueMe said:

The wording of your OP has got this thread to 13 pages, not the content of your podcast. But you already knew that, I'm sure.

The more traffic, the more chance of people downloading, you may even get a few people who know the content beforehand and disagree, but download anyway just so they can disagree with the content with first hand knowledge. 

Oldest trick in the book tbh.

It got to about 10 pages last week without them being named. I'd argue that (and no doubt some will say this is my ego running wild) that the fact it says The Dude has more impact on here than it saying David/Hamish.

Just now, wewillfollowrangers said:

Perspective employers mate. been so obvious in all the time I've posted here.

You mean that someone that works as a journalist covering scottish football might use content that he's created about scottish football to show prospective employers? Well, fuck. That's just genius.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No, I'm doing it because the guy that signs off my wages every month sent me an email asking me what I thought about the idea and if I'd be interested in being involved. I was quite intriqued by it and thought it would be something interesting to try out - and if nothing else, it's another string to my bow and another line on my CV for the next time I'm looking for work. 

All that seems to matter to you ,it’s your job first , fan... a very distant second.

69369493-93C2-4E77-89DC-62AB38DE5023.gif.ce3964b10ce67f4dc1b5848d57e24e7d.gif

Just now, murzo said:

All that seems to matter to you ,it’s your job first , fan... a very distant second.

69369493-93C2-4E77-89DC-62AB38DE5023.gif.ce3964b10ce67f4dc1b5848d57e24e7d.gif

I don't see how you come to that conclusion. Should I refuse to have done this podcast and won myself some imaginary super-fan points because some other Rangers fans might not like the idea?

Archived