***The Official St Josephs v Rangers Match Thread***

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Arfield as he should be given an extended rest. Docherty?

Is it not also only 22 players? 

No 25.

We’ve had to leave three spots free as McGregor only counts as trained at club home grown. You need four in the squad and four more trained in Scotland home grown - so Hastie, Docherty, Stewart, Halliday, Arfield.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Klos' Glove said:

Why could we not just name McPake, Kelly and Mebude as the other 3

I think they can play anyway without being named in the squad if they are under 19 and have been at the club for two years.

We just have to submit a B (Youth List) the day before the game. I don’t think it’s released publically.

My line up-

McGregor 

Tavernier  Goldson.    Katic.   Halliday 

Kamara 

Jack.              Davis

Jones.                           

Stewart

Defoe 

Stewart playing the same role Arfield did last season. 

Jones because the artificial surface.

Morelos ,ojo  and maybe Aribo on latter stages

3-0 to the Queens 11🇬🇧🇬🇧

17 minutes ago, Klos' Glove said:

Why could we not just name McPake, Kelly and Mebude as the other 3

Aye, think football manager. Homegrown players under 21 don't need to be registered If I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, philiprfc said:

Someone made the point on Twitter, is he not still suspended from his red vs Villarreal?

Pretty sure he's suspended but concerned  that this might be a mistake from the admin guys as I think he should be listed in the squad and declared as suspended. This is why the bheggars got reinstated after Legia Warsaw pumped them 6-1 on aggregate.........

Bereszynski was sent off against Apollon in the final match of Legia’s Europa League campaign last season, earning a three-match suspension. He missed both legs of Legia’s tie against St Patrick’s in the second qualifying round and also sat out the 4-1 first-leg victory over celtic. However, it has emerged that Bereszynski had not been registered in Legia’s squad for the second qualifying round, and so the matches did not count towards his suspension.

Surely given this recent event we won't make the same mistake??

Anybody with contacts at the club might want to flag up to avoid being booted out of Europe for an admin error??

16 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Pretty sure he's suspended but concerned  that this might be a mistake from the admin guys as I think he should be listed in the squad and declared as suspended. This is why the bheggars got reinstated after Legia Warsaw pumped them 6-1 on aggregate.........

Bereszynski was sent off against Apollon in the final match of Legia’s Europa League campaign last season, earning a three-match suspension. He missed both legs of Legia’s tie against St Patrick’s in the second qualifying round and also sat out the 4-1 first-leg victory over celtic. However, it has emerged that Bereszynski had not been registered in Legia’s squad for the second qualifying round, and so the matches did not count towards his suspension.

Surely given this recent event we won't make the same mistake??

Anybody with contacts at the club might want to flag up to avoid being booted out of Europe for an admin error??

I hope someone with access to the club can bring this point up.

Think the starting lineup is quite difficult to predict as out best XI is a tough one to call ATM.

I'd go with

Tav, Katic, Goldson, Barasic

Aribo, jack , Kamara

Jones, Ojo

Defoe

Ofcourse a goalkeeper too but doubt we will actually need one.

4-0 Rangers 

24 minutes ago, Sash tap said:

Fuck knows how people can choose between Jones, Hastie and Stewart for that other spot when we’ve barely seen them

I think it’s got to go to Stewart based on experience as it stands. Unless one of the 3 has outshone the others in training

Archived