Rangers v TNS

RFC55

Third pre season in a row against them. Play behind closed doors today.

Think I read it may become.an annual game as both clubs start in q1 in both European competitions.

I'd imagine the team starting next week's 1st leg will start this and then a raft of changes.

Don't know if the club are doing a Twitter feed or not but probably not 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Third pre season in a row against them. Play behind closed doors today.

Think I read it may become.an annual game as both clubs start in q1 in both European competitions.

I'd imagine the team starting next week's 1st leg will start this and then a raft of changes.

Don't know if the club are doing a Twitter feed or not but probably not 

They've not covered it live in the past but they put the highlights on RTV and a match report on the website previously so hopefully do again 

No harm to TNS but why them out of all the teams out there? Basically TNS are on par with the top clubs in the Scottish Juniors, why not spread some love around by playing a game at the home of some of the more sympathetic Junior clubs, give them a nice wee financial boost with a full house?

24 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

No harm to TNS but why them out of all the teams out there? Basically TNS are on par with the top clubs in the Scottish Juniors, why not spread some love around by playing a game at the home of some of the more sympathetic Junior clubs, give them a nice wee financial boost with a full house?

Its behind closed doors and you arent gonna get a full house for a game against a junior team , I imagine too the main reason for the game is fitness so it makes sense to play a team who is also trying get sharp for qualifiers 

Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

Its behind closed doors and you arent gonna get a full house for a game against a junior team , I imagine too the main reason for the game is fitness so it makes sense to play a team who is also trying get sharp for qualifiers 

I said play a game at the home of these clubs, not Ibrox, and as for fitness, pre season friendly or not, can you imagine that the players of say Auchinleck or Pollock would not be bursting their balls in a game against Rangers?

28 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

They'll be playing for fitness similar to us rather than the result. We play a game against teams in scotland then we face it becoming far more competitive, especially if crowds become involved. I'd say injuries would be likelier.

Its clearly something we're comfortable with at this stage, and has been deemed successful previously for whatever specifically we want out of it.

33 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

It's just a glorified training session that follows on from training this morning. Works for both teams so why not? We have 4 'competitive' friendlies at Ibrox coming up

21 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They'll be playing for fitness similar to us rather than the result. We play a game against teams in scotland then we face it becoming far more competitive, especially if crowds become involved. I'd say injuries would be likelier.

Its clearly something we're comfortable with at this stage, and has been deemed successful previously for whatever specifically we want out of it.

19 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

It's just a glorified training session that follows on from training this morning. Works for both teams so why not? We have 4 'competitive' friendlies at Ibrox coming up

Fair enough, as I said no harm to TNS, I was just wondering why them given the logistics, why not play a bit closer to home or against a club with a better choice of colours?

image.thumb.png.3b727bd5c27d9be3d5612dbfb857549f.png

47 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

I said play a game at the home of these clubs, not Ibrox, and as for fitness, pre season friendly or not, can you imagine that the players of say Auchinleck or Pollock would not be bursting their balls in a game against Rangers?

Like others have said above it's likely to end in injury 

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Like others have said above it's likely to end in injury 

Again fair enough, however any activity a footballer takes part in can lead to injury. 

If we need semi-competitive games to hone match sharpness, why not play them against clubs from those communities that are part of Rangers, spread the love and do our bit to support the lower levels of the game.  I would rather we play Peterhead than a team from another league.

2 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

Just like those clubs did to us when we needed a financial boost? 

Every other club in Scotland can fuck right off.

I understand where you are coming from, however I am not referring to those Clubs who fought like ferrets in a sack for the right  to stick the boot into us first, fuck them indeed, however there are many communities in Scotland with local teams who would turn a visit from Rangers into a gala day. 

12 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Again fair enough, however any activity a footballer takes part in can lead to injury. 

If we need semi-competitive games to hone match sharpness, why not play them against clubs from those communities that are part of Rangers, spread the love and do our bit to support the lower levels of the game.  I would rather we play Peterhead than a team from another league.

Yeah injuries could happen anytime but I think theres more chance of scottish junior teams having taigs in their team that would love a chance at putting a tav or morelos out of action 

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Anyone know when kick off was? Or teamlines or the score?

Choking for even the slightest hint of proper football starting again. 

na nothing mate. Think last year it was late on they released highlights and the result etc 

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Anyone know when kick off was? Or teamlines or the score?

Choking for even the slightest hint of proper football starting again. 

Hear that, just took huge satisfaction out of buying a ticket for a game v Oxford (no disrespect to our boat racing friends)

1 hour ago, Jakes Pal said:

TNS are far better than teams in the Scottish Juniors, they would be the equivalent of a bottom of the table Championship side or top of the table League 1 side and their players mostly wouldn't give a shit about the Old Firm so wouldn't be like most Scottish teams that would have at least a tarrier or two in them who would be out to hurt our players.

1 minute ago, Bears&Reds said:

TNS are far better than teams in the Scottish Juniors, they would be the equivalent of a bottom of the table Championship side or top of the table League 1 side and their players mostly wouldn't give a shit about the Old Firm so wouldn't be like most Scottish teams that would have at least a tarrier or two in them who would be out to hurt our players.

I will take your word about the standard of TNS, and your point about idiots possibly trying to injure our players. I am just curious as to how the link with TNS became established.