Champions league 92-93

dougie76

The Marsellies game and goals actually eclipsed the Leeds one in feel and celebrations imo. Amazing moments. Place went wild. First time I'd ever been hugged by a stranger at the fitbaw. Fantastic memories.

As a curve ball, watching Huistra score in Brugges is the best moment of watching us on TV. Better even that Leeds for me. Not really sure why it sticks in my memory more than Marseilles away. I was sat in my bedroom going nuts.

I went to all the home games with my Mrs and friends.  She stood up and shouted ‘ginger Wanker’ at Strachan, never been prouder 😂

goals...Nisbet’s v Brugge as we were down to 10, they had just equalised and we were toiling a bit and that came from nowhere. 

1 hour ago, dougie76 said:

What is your favourite moment from that campaign? So much to choose from, for me it was the leeds away game, that second goal is a thing of beauty.

Probably my favourite goal ever. Could watch it on a constant loop. Not going to lie, for the home Marseille game, we left at 0-2 with 10 minutes to go. We had been given a total runaround in the previous 80 minutes and were lucky not to be 5 down. The first goal went in just as we exited the Copland then the second just as got moving in the car. So the comeback was bittersweet. Great campaign though.

21 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Mate that Marseille team of the time was still to this day one of the best teams I’ve ever witnessed at Ibrox, they had some outstanding players, some of their play at Ibrox in the 2-2 game was sublime. To go undefeated against them that season was unreal.

Absolutely no need to for them to be stinking cheating bastards. 

15 minutes ago, don logan said:

Probably my favourite goal ever. Could watch it on a constant loop. Not going to lie, for the home Marseille game, we left at 0-2 with 10 minutes to go. We had been given a total runaround in the previous 80 minutes and were lucky not to be 5 down. The first goal went in just as we exited the Copland then the second just as got moving in the car. So the comeback was bittersweet. Great campaign though.

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Mate that Marseille team of the time was still to this day one of the best teams I’ve ever witnessed at Ibrox, they had some outstanding players, some of their play at Ibrox in the 2-2 game was sublime. To go undefeated against them that season was unreal.

Absolutely no need to for them to be stinking cheating bastards. 

Boksic Voller Deschanps Desailly Bartez Sauzee to name but a few world class players in that team and tbh we matched them that year.

ive said it many times on here and to you bro that this was probably in my top 5 games at Ibrox and we never even won! but it felt like a win. I was in a mates seats up the Copland rear and as @Inigo  was saying you had strangers from five rows away hugging each other with sheer joy.

I always equate that time with watching Ian Durrant in his finery, through out that run he was outstanding in my opinion not just his goals but his all round play was excellent :bow: (been said a thousand times but for injury would have had an outstanding career)

This was a fantastically well worked goal and one of my favourites :UK: 

5 hours ago, dougie76 said:

What is your favourite moment from that campaign? So much to choose from, for me it was the leeds away game, that second goal is a thing of beauty.

Think id have to agree with Leeds away . 

Leeds were English champions , I don't think they had lost a game at Elland Rd for about a year , had players like McAllister , Rod Wallace , Cantona , Speed , Batty and had just knocked out the German champs the previous round . so fancied themselves . It wasn't only beating them , it was the manner we beat them  , which led to a famous quote from Ron Atkinson during the commentary that Rangers were ' just toying with Leeds now ' . 

Its got to be up there as one of our finest European performances - and there have been a few . 

Leeds v Stuttgart replay, as a wierd event. Never see that now, a third match due to rule breaches.

Marseille away, Durrant's screamer - happy memory as a young lad watching it with my grandad and uncle, now both passed. Lived far away from them, so never saw them as much as I liked - but that was a special game and day looking back.

6 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Lads my age were very lucky growing up with this team, never knew the pain of Rangers not winning until we were about 15 years old. Some team back then.

I was 13 at the time.  The 92/93 team will always be "my team"