Results you didn't see coming.

dougie76

Sturm Graz beating us 2-0

We absolutely hammered them in the home fixture - De Boer was unbelievable.

A win would have guaranteed us at least second in the group I think.

Rails were coming off a bit for Advocaat in that season, but how the fuck we did we not do more in Europe? Should have been competing in at least quarters/semis of the CL. 

Shame we didn't come up against an English side during those 2-3 years as by the time Man Utd came around in 2003 we were well past our best.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Sturm Graz beating us 2-0

We absolutely hammered them in the home fixture - De Boer was unbelievable.

A win would have guaranteed us at least second in the group I think.

Rails were coming off a bit for Advocaat in that season, but how the fuck we did we not do more in Europe? Should have been competing in at least quarters/semis of the CL. 

Shame we didn't come up against an English side during those 2-3 years as by the time Man Utd came around in 2003 we were well past our best.

The group containing Psv, Bayern and Valencia was some of the best stuff I've ever witnessed from a Rangers side. Problem.was though Valencia gave us 135 mins of the biggest doings I've ever seen us take. Second half at home to Valencia we were tremendous 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

The group containing Psv, Bayern and Valencia was some of the best stuff I've ever witnessed from a Rangers side. Problem.was though Valencia gave us 135 mins of the biggest doings I've ever seen us take. Second half at home to Valencia we were tremendous 

True. 

To see us dominate Bayern in front of their own fans but still lose and go out was heartbreaking.

Mols was never the same after his knee injury but by fuck did he look like he belonged at that level before it.

1 minute ago, FlippinEck said:

After the first minute, 2-2 with Villarreal. Could have nicked it and lost it right at the death 😂

@Mr Soprano granda watched that with us. He spent the whole half time arguing with the telly as they "analysed" the game. He kept telling us how shite they were :lol:

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

@Mr Soprano granda watched that with us. He spent the whole half time arguing with the telly as they "analysed" the game. He kept telling us how shite they were :lol:

It as a very bizarre game. They chucked it but we had some really good chances. Absolute scenes up in the away end and the walk back after the game down the wee side street along the side of the stadium. Absolutely class trip.

There was a steeliness and togetherness about our team in the qualifiers and in the groups it was almost as if we thought fuck it, why should these teams be favourites against us, let's go out there and give them a game and for the most part we did. The Spartak game had shambolic defending but was in the top 10 Europa league games by UEFA for last seasons competition 😂

Surprised nobody mentioned it:

Rangers 0 v 1 Accies 1987

Adrian Sprott's goal ended Chris Woods' record breaking run of 1196 minutes without conceding a goal

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/beating-Rangers-unbelievable-getting-hamilton-9698950

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

True. 

To see us dominate Bayern in front of their own fans but still lose and go out was heartbreaking.

Mols was never the same after his knee injury but by fuck did he look like he belonged at that level before it.

Barry Ferguson, at what 19/20, was fucking phenomenal that night! Looked well at home with some of the best players in Europe!

Never at all expected the 4-2 at the piggery but an even bigger result I never saw coming at all was away to stjohnstone 1 mid week night.  Got hammered 4-1 although we still cantered to the title it was still a sickener. 09-10 it was,  should’ve finished double figures infront of the taigs that year