Further theft of the beautiful game by the so called elite.

backup

I think it's more to do with making sure some of the English, Spanish and French teams don't go bust and out of business. There's no way they can sustain the wage bills relying solely on ticket money and sponsorship from the domestic leagues. They also need the revenue from the CL

3 hours ago, left winger said:

Why do those, so keen for the rich to get richer in every other field, take the huff when it's football we're talking about?

Probably because the competition is tilted massively in favour of the bigger clubs from the bigger leagues, the seeding system and the way the draw is fixed so that teams from the same country have a reduced chance of being drawn together is a joke.

The tournament is corrupt and that’s why people take the huff.

They should re brand it ‘The rigged money grabbing bastards league’ 

5 hours ago, Bigdave30 said:

Probably because the competition is tilted massively in favour of the bigger clubs from the bigger leagues, the seeding system and the way the draw is fixed so that teams from the same country have a reduced chance of being drawn together is a joke.

The tournament is corrupt and that’s why people take the huff.

They should re brand it ‘The rigged money grabbing bastards league’ 

Yeah, I know all that. Doesn’t really answe the question, though. 

It’s surely because we’re not in it, and it’s now much harder for us to get in it. If we were in it, I doubt we’d see many folk complaining we were playing Juve, Barca, Real Madrid, Liverpool, etc every year but it was harder for the champions of the Czech Republic to qualify.

When it was the European cup it was played for by the champions of each country, now it is the Champions League it is played for by  the team that finishes 4th in some "elite" leagues, go figure. when the league champions of some countries have to jump through all sorts of hazardous preliminary  hoops to get anywhere near the business end where the elite have already got a free pass.

3 hours ago, left winger said:

Yeah, I know all that. Doesn’t really answe the question, though. 

It’s surely because we’re not in it, and it’s now much harder for us to get in it. If we were in it, I doubt we’d see many folk complaining we were playing Juve, Barca, Real Madrid, Liverpool, etc every year but it was harder for the champions of the Czech Republic to qualify.

It’s a loaded question.

I would be complaining like I do every year regardless if we are in the competition or not, Imagine being drawn in a group with Club Brugge, PSV and AEK and having half a chance of progressing out the group stages and in another group you have Juve, Real, Bayern, and PSG all cutting each others throats at an earlier stage.

Instead of any excitement for the smaller clubs we are all left going “I wonder if we’ll get a point” “oh well we can get that Europa league spot”

43 minutes ago, backup said:

It is obvious some chaps do not understand that the spfl is seen as a diddy league, just above the LOW.

RANGERS 206.PNG

I think most of us recognise the spfl is well down the pecking order of leagues in Europe. What I object to and suspect others do to, it is the way UEFA have organised the CL and now the EL which has split the elite leagues (in UEFA's eyes) from the others and made us a diddy league. I suspect Scotland has suffered more than others due to our proximity to the EPL. 

7 hours ago, Bigdave30 said:

It’s a loaded question.

I would be complaining like I do every year regardless if we are in the competition or not, Imagine being drawn in a group with Club Brugge, PSV and AEK and having half a chance of progressing out the group stages and in another group you have Juve, Real, Bayern, and PSG all cutting each others throats at an earlier stage.

Instead of any excitement for the smaller clubs we are all left going “I wonder if we’ll get a point” “oh well we can get that Europa league spot”

Of course it's loaded 😁. So it's mainly the seeding you don't like?

On 05/07/2019 at 11:49, .Williamson. said:

Not something we need to worry about anyway considering we aren't in the competition

On 05/07/2019 at 12:32, TMB said:

We’re in the Europa.

It might not effect us this year but next year we’ll be in the Champions League. At least we’ll be there on merit!