Greg Docherty

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Does he then come before, in the middle or after our other 2 natural right backs in Flanagan and Poulster? 

I’d say he’s a utility player, who could play right back, anywhere across the midfield. It offers multiple options.

Would also say he’s better than polster imo

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Could be the answer at left back imo.

Big, strong and good engine to get up and down flank.

Or when Morelos is suspended he could stand in as the lone striker. Solid and would not give defenders peace for 90 mins.

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The abuse he took on here when he just signed was way below par imo, cunts saying he can't run properly and looks more like an athlete than a footballer. 

Wit? :lol:

Think it all started when one guy said it in a match thread and cunt’s just started repeating it.  We’ve had  “Tav can’t defend” & “Docherty’s just an athlete”. Can’t wait for the season to start and hear what the latest parroted nonsense will be. 

1 minute ago, Rgs649 said:

Everyone seems excited by the signing of Aribo.  Docherty is the same age, scored the same amount of goals last season in the same league, got more assists and this was playing for a team battling relegation instead of chasing promotion. Should definitely be given a chance. 

Good point,well made.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

It is nice that he can run 12k a game but has his football improved? That's what I want to see. A RB option basically means he never plays.

Maurice Edu was very much similar to Doc in that he covered some impressive distances. Some took to Edu and others constantly slated him. Needless to say Edu played his part in quite a successful team because our manager at the time knew how to use him effectively. I think Doc has a little more creative ability than Edu but going by some of the critism he gets on here, you might think he is no better than the players we have just released. I hope the boy does well as, like the article suggests, his attitude is spot on. 

1 minute ago, sco22y said:

Maurice Edu was very much similar to Doc in that he covered some impressive distances. Some took to Edu and others constantly slated him. Needless to say Edu played his part in quite a successful team because our manager at the time knew how to use him effectively. I think Doc has a little more creative ability than Edu but going by some of the critism he gets on here, you might think he is no better than the players we have just released. I hope the boy does well as, like the article suggests, his attitude is spot on. 

I'm sitting on the fence with Doc until I see him second time around. First time suggested to me that Dorrans ( I know ,fitness ) , McCrorie & Rossiter are better but maybe he has improved. We will see......... Edu took some abuse on here. I thought he was decent.

1 hour ago, Rgs649 said:

Everyone seems excited by the signing of Aribo.  Docherty is the same age, scored the same amount of goals last season in the same league, got more assists and this was playing for a team battling relegation instead of chasing promotion. Should definitely be given a chance. 

Spot on. I like the lad and honestly believe he’s got plenty to offer, it wasn’t easy for him last time and let’s get it right, he didn’t excel but was in a team who didn’t excel as a whole but for whatever reason he got picked out for being shite. 

I think personally he’ll do well this coming season when needed. 

5 hours ago, Rgs649 said:

Great post

5 hours ago, Rgs649 said:

If we look at the detail though, Aribos overall form last season was stand out and widely reported to be much too good for the league. He also had a multitude of clubs after him (including EPL clubs) and will be one of our highest earners.

Also, Docherty was actually very inconsistent last season and he plays further forward, so should have scored more etc. 

7 minutes ago, Sash tap said:

If we look at the detail though, Aribos overall form last season was stand out and widely reported to be much too good for the league. He also had a multitude of clubs after him (including EPL clubs) and will be one of our highest earners.

Also, Docherty was actually very inconsistent last season and he plays further forward, so should have scored more etc. 

This.

10 minutes ago, Sash tap said:

Aye you're definitely a mudblood. 

28 minutes ago, Sash tap said:

Very inconsistent? Did not he win a clean sweep of their awards? 🤣

2 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Very inconsistent? Did not he win a clean sweep of their awards? 🤣

Sash is right. EPL teams were after Aribo. He is on a huge salary for a reason. Docherty might be able to run all day but skill wise, no way.

33 minutes ago, Sash tap said:

Pish