Rossiter Joins Fleetwood on Loan

https://rng.rs/2XDXUNb

Feel for him as he could be a good player, he just can’t ever get a run to prove that. During pre season last year, Gerrard said Rossiter was his most impressive player or something along those lines, and then he was injured. I’ve always been keen to keep him and get him his run of games, but the reality is we probably have better in his position now anyway.

I was under the impression this was going to be a permanent move.

I was really glad as I thought we had finally made a decision on this guy one way or the other, but alas, the saga continues.

Realistically he’s never getting anywhere near our midfield as he’s missed vital years in his development. A real shame.

25 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I wish the lad well but would rather he was moved on.

He's been a complete failure at Ibrox and I can't see him changing that fact at any point in the future.

I agree but I don't see us being overwhelmed with bids - at least the last year and this year he's been playing regularly and his wages have been covered by someone else. His contract is up end of the season. 

Think with the salary he is on we would be very lucky him to leave and give that up (Dodoo is prob the same) best we could hope for is someone taking his wage or a % of off the wage bill for the remainder of his contract.

Thanks Mr Warburton 

2 hours ago, Sash tap said:

I was under the impression this was going to be a permanent move.

I was really glad as I thought we had finally made a decision on this guy one way or the other, but alas, the saga continues.

Realistically he’s never getting anywhere near our midfield as he’s missed vital years in his development. A real shame.

Probably the equivalent of our ‘loan’ move for Davis. 

Wish him well,  but what a waste of money. 

8 hours ago, Goianegra said:

Warburton can't be blamed for this. You're lying if you say you weren't excited when we signed him. It just didn't work out due to injuries, shame he never got the chance to properly develop. Wish him well. 

I liked this and get what you're saying, but excitement or not, he like many other Warburton signings didn't work out.

Managers are judged on the players they bring in, he like many others Warburton signed flopped.

Most were excited by cardoso, alves, herrera and pena... If they don't do it on the pitch then the manager will be judged, i get the reasons differ, but Warburton picked a player with now injury problems who couldn't stay fit, so in my eyes he is accountable for the signing.

8 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

I liked this and get what you're saying, but excitement or not, he like many other Warburton signings didn't work out.

Managers are judged on the players they bring in, he like many others Warburton signed flopped.

Most were excited by cardoso, alves, herrera and pena... If they don't do it on the pitch then the manager will be judged, i get the reasons differ, but Warburton picked a player with now injury problems who couldn't stay fit, so in my eyes he is accountable for the signing.

But you could also argue that Warburton signed Tav, Fod, Halliday who are or have been vital players for us for peanuts.

Rossiter hasn’t worked, but he’s the type of player who’ll have a good season at Fleetwood and sign for a top 6 Championship side within a couple of years.