Joe Aribo

dee9

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, chris182 said:

League One and Two are quite physical so I would hope he'd have come across that side of the game already

He played non-League football, he would, definitely, have come across that side of the game.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

Big spider legs looks an akward player but looks very good so far, easily man of the match. will see how he fares when we play a team who are not utter dross before judging him.

That'll be hard in Scotland 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Proved he can handle the physicality of our league today.  The amount of times this guy intercepts the ball or wins it back is unreal.  His ball winning ability would merit selection alone but he’s also dangerous with it going forward.  Will be a key player for us.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Proved he can handle the physicality of our league today.  The amount of times this guy intercepts the ball or wins it back is unreal.  His ball winning ability would merit selection alone but he’s also dangerous with it going forward.  Will be a key player for us.

Think he’ll be great in a few months. Agreed he works very hard to win possession back.

58 minutes ago, TMB said:

Needs to play further forward. 

Dug in and stood up to the physicality of the spl , don’t think he’s unlocking teams that sit in anywhere near as regularly as I hoped or we were led to believe in Gerrards description of him , still early days tho 

10 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Dug in and stood up to the physicality of the spl , don’t think he’s unlocking teams that sit in anywhere near as regularly as I hoped or we were led to believe in Gerrards description of him , still early days tho 

He looks like a good player, but middle to front he’s the only addition we’ve made who looks like he might improve us.

Maybe unfair to expect a 23 year old to go from Football League mediocrities like Charlton to the pressures of playing for Rangers and expect him to be the difference.

Personally I was hoping to see us spend some money adding a straight out of the box player to the centre of the park, but I guess we are where we are.

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

Struggled till the pace dropped off later on in the match I would have subbed him and Ojo as they looked shellshocked at times.

Spot on , although he got better the longer it went on  , Ojo should have been off at half time.......

We've signed a player here. Been very impressed every time I've seen him so far. The only central midfielder that was willing to get to the edge of the box and do something today. Hopefully he keeps it up!

Looks like a true Box 2 box midfielder and something we have been crying out for. Now if we could only get another cmf in his mould and go with 2 of them beside 1 of the 3 holding midfielders we have I would be extremely happy. 

The guy has a great habit of winning back balls that he really shouldn't be I just hope he doesn't drop off after a handful of games like so many have done

Archived