Sign in to follow this  
dee9

Joe Aribo

On 25/07/2019 at 22:05, Cedrick said:

Always like to see how these lads take to absolutely no time on the ball next Sunday and rumped up in the air 3 4 times , time will tell if he fancy’s it 

Looked like he fancied it today. MOTM for me. 

TMB likes this

6 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Was excellent in the 2nd half. Unlike his partners in the midfield

Ryan Jack done a lot of the dirty work in the engine room today, he was good as well as Joe. 

Looks made for this league strong and skilful and the right attitude

goes through people like they  are not there like to see him play further forward 

The whole team apart from maybe Morelos looked flat. But he did look like he was up for the task nearer the end of the match. Speaks volumes for me. Far too easy for players to slip into their shell when things ain't going well and expect others to do the work then step up when the going is good. 

Pass marks from me today. Same with Goldson and TAV. But they only get it for there perfect play for the winning goal. 

Saying that.its all about 3 points and if all you do well is do the thing that matters most for those points all the negative shite means nothing. 

Derby just paid 7.5 million (rising to 9.5) for an Arsenal player who impressed at Charlton last season while on loan. Considering how important Aribo was to them too just sort of highlights how much he could already be worth.

17 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Not so much so at the “air-kick” on the touch line that almost gifted Killie a second. Got away with one there.

I think those U21 Championships have helped Katic move up a level or two.  He’s improved and was key to us winning that game today.  I think Edmundson will be a similar type of player in that he’s physical, very good in the air, and likes to go attack every ball.

In all honesty, I think this guy Helander will struggle to get in to our team the way Goldson, Katic, and Edmundson have performed so far. 

Katic has been worked on over the close season. Last year he was the old fashioned centre half, hoof it clear at every opportunity and he struggled to string a pass together. This year, he is decidedly more composed, looks up and plays better controlled football, air shot aside that is.

7 minutes ago, LookingForEric said:

Katic has been worked on over the close season. Last year he was the old fashioned centre half, hoof it clear at every opportunity and he struggled to string a pass together. This year, he is decidedly more composed, looks up and plays better controlled football, air shot aside that is.

is that why, when he gets involved in the useless fucking nonsense of the centre half sideways passathon, he manages to invariably pass the ball a yard behind where goldson is standing?

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Derby just paid 7.5 million (rising to 9.5) for an Arsenal player who impressed at Charlton last season while on loan. Considering how important Aribo was to them too just sort of highlights how much he could already be worth.

We won't have him long. I know it's only been a few games in to season but the boy looks different class! 

Must have been watching a different game to many. Can see he's neat and tidy but didn't offer much until the last 20 minutes where he drove forward in the manner I think most of us were expecting from him when he signed. Hopefully a lot more to come.

Begby, LeeWallace5 and Smile like this

9 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Ryan Jack done a lot of the dirty work in the engine room today, he was good as well as Joe. 

Agreed. Jack didn't really put a foot wrong and Davis - who actually won MOTM - was hardly terrible!

JackAlex93 likes this

5 minutes ago, BillStruthBear said:

Agreed. Jack didn't really put a foot wrong and Davis - who actually won MOTM - was hardly terrible!

To be honest it was a shit game due Killie parking the bus  typical Scottish football .

Just now, surfsup2 said:

To be honest it was a shit game due Killie parking the bus  typical Scottish football .

Completely agree mate, never going to be a spectacle on that embarrassment of a pitch. No wonder folk - even fans of a club like Charlton - look down on Scottish football when you're allowed to get away with that in the top tier. Think we'll get a better idea of how Aribo (and others) might look this season when we play Thursday.

8 hours ago, TMB said:

Katic was outstanding today.

Aye half forgot about him. He's in my bad books had him to score first at 33s, thought he scored with that header we got the goal from 😂

49 minutes ago, thehost said:

is that why, when he gets involved in the useless fucking nonsense of the centre half sideways passathon, he manages to invariably pass the ball a yard behind where goldson is standing?

TBF, Tav and Barasic were joining in, passing it back to them as well, when they both should have pressed forward with no cunt near them. Katic I thought hasd a decent game, but  Goldson piss poor and he does have a tendency to revert to the passathon with Tav on his right as well. We witnessed same in nearly every game thus far. 

Yesterday was dire ponderous shite. In the second half when they decided to  press us hitting on the break, we looked rattled, Tav nowhere to be seen and Barasic a shrinking violet. We were forunate in the end, but might never score again in the last minute when we need to  and I saw nothing to suggest that we have shrugged of that self same style of play that seen us drop points last season, in not being able to break down those teams who sit and not taking our chances when they appear.

Tav's crossing and passing was abysmal, again! Clearly no link up play and I would not let him near a dead ball situation again. He can't defend for shit, so under the new set up, wtf does he do and I don't give a fuck his record last season. We have a new set up and if he can't adapt to it, there is no piont to him.

21 minutes ago, surfsup2 said:

On another day, we drop points. 

We were shit. Guilty  of again not being to break down a shit team who sit in. Certain players not up to it and haven't since after the break. We know who they are!

The only thing we will win with that is second prize and a party hat and a balloon at someone elses party..

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

TBF, Tav and Barasic were joining in, passing it back to them as well, when they both should have pressed forward with no cunt near them. Katic I thought hasd a decent game, but  Goldson piss poor and he does have a tendency to revert to the passathon with Tav on his right as well. We witnessed same in nearly every game thus far. 

Yesterday was dire ponderous shite. In the second half when they decided to  press us hitting on the break, we looked rattled, Tav nowhere to be seen and Barasic a shrinking violet. We were forunate in the end, but might never score again in the last minute when we need to  and I saw nothing to suggest that we have shrugged of that self same style of play that seen us drop points last season, in not being able to break down those teams who sit and not taking our chances when they appear.

Tav's crossing and passing was abysmal, again! Clearly no link up play and I would not let him near a dead ball situation again. He can't defend for shit, so under the new set up, wtf does he do and I don't give a fuck his record last season. We have a new set up and if he can't adapt to it, there is no piont to him.

Mental post. Who took the corner we scored the winner from? Both goals, in fact. 

Waggy1872 and magic8ball like this

4 hours ago, BillStruthBear said:

Must have been watching a different game to many. Can see he's neat and tidy but didn't offer much until the last 20 minutes where he drove forward in the manner I think most of us were expecting from him when he signed. Hopefully a lot more to come.

No your being honest he look shellshocked and struggled with the pace of the game till late on when it slowed down.

HG5 and BillStruthBear like this

So frustrating how deep he was yesterday.

It would be an absolute waste of talent to have this boy sitting deep and playing side passes.

Play him further up the park and he will be a monster for us this season. Wonderful footballer.