Joe Aribo

dee9

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That whole move was just a joy to behold. 

Jones knew exactly were Aribo was without looking. Then bang pick it out.

We need more of this.

It's maybe harder to judge watching the game on television but it seemed to me Jones was shifting along pretty quick in going at their defence but it seemed to me Aribo managed a fair turn of acceleration to get alongside Jones to collect the pass.   It was an impressive counter attack and impressive goal.

59 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Had a good start to the season. Need to remember he’s still young. Next step for him is to see him more involved in games for a longer period of time 

Mentioned this when we first signed him. I think he will play in spurts at times during the first half of the season because he’s made a big step up in terms of expectations and demands but when that clicks he will be frightening.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

I don't think he's the type of player they'll be able to target. Just classy classy player.

Glides across the park mate but can see him in for some rough treatment with the usual zero protection from the refs, luckily he’s came from non league so I’ll sure he’ll be able to handle himself. 

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Mentioned this when we first signed him. I think he will play in spurts at times during the first half of the season because he’s made a big step up in terms of expectations and demands but when that clicks he will be frightening.

I think this is spot on. Also comes across as more of a quiet guy in interviews, given time to properly settle and feel completely comfortable with all the other players and I think he'll get better and better as the season moves forward

Anyone pointed out on here that Aribo is predominantly left footed?

Provides a fantastic and much needed balance to the midfield.

With Jones, Helander, Halliday, Barisic,  Aribo and now Barker being left footed there is no need to play round pegs in square holes which is something we have been guilty of for a long long time.

On 08/08/2019 at 14:33, Reformation Bear said:

It's maybe harder to judge watching the game on television but it seemed to me Jones was shifting along pretty quick in going at their defence but it seemed to me Aribo managed a fair turn of acceleration to get alongside Jones to collect the pass.   It was an impressive counter attack and impressive goal.

listen to the Aribo interview --- he says that when he saw Jones collect the ball he thought he'd "try to keep up and see if  I could help."   Seems a likeable character as well.  350k :mutley:

Archived