Borna Barisic

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

He does have a quality left foot, fuck knows how that can even be denied tbh.

Agree, the spl is where his biggest test will come. Hopefully he can stay injury free and gets a run of games and start to get some consistency to his game.

Think it gets my back up more with Barisic undeserving praise because some bears can’t wait to slaughter  Tav , Flanagan , Halliday and all 3 are miles ahead of him in terms of performances so far  , I’d like nothing more than Barisic to become a success , Killie away or a difficult euro tie , standing up being brave defending well I’ll come back on and say Barisic was outstanding today/ tonight 👍🏻👌🏻

SPECIAL Aribo

OUTSTANDING Barisic 

I think people just take a punt so that they can say “I always said he was amazing but I got slaughtered on here” if it turns out to be correct. 

He was awrite and nothing more.  Outstanding. 😂

As I said in the other thread about him last week, he’s got until Christmas to turn it around if not then he’s out the door.  His defensive abilities still give me the fear though.  A good few times out of position for us and cost us goals.

When Barsasic plays he allows the team to play in a different shape to either Halliday and Flanagan. He pushes high and stays wide which allows our left sided attacker(hopefully Kent) to drive inside more. 

May not be great defensively and gives away silly fouls by getting caught out but I think he allows Gerrard to play the football style he wants. If one of our 3 midfielders drop into the false left full back role it allows barasic to keep width for a quick left sided switch. 

I’d persevere with him and will tolerate a few errors. 

Commented yesterday as much as we only played St Josephs for me Barisic got over two massive psychological hurdles yesterday.   90 minutes on a plastic surface, a surface he was very uncomfortable playing on and he got his first Rangers goal.  That Jack goal -- saw some say he didn't aim for Ryan which is totally correct -- what he dd was to look up and drop the cross into and empty area thus creating an opportunity for a midfield player to run on to the ball. 

Hopefully we'll see him with more self belief and he'll be the player we all expected.  

Barisic can offer us on the left, what Tavernier does on the right.  Two good attacking full-backs who can put a cross in and hit a set-piece.  We’re very lucky to have two full-backs of this quality.  If we can get Kent and Ojo in front of them we’ll run riot in the wide areas.

55 minutes ago, TMB said:

Barisic can offer us on the left, what Tavernier does on the right.  Two good attacking full-backs who can put a cross in and hit a set-piece.  We’re very lucky to have two full-backs of this quality.  If we can get Kent and Ojo in front of them we’ll run riot in the wide areas.

The only time I’ve ever seen Barasic offer this he was playing against us.  I hoe you’re right.  As I said he’s got until Christmas. 

Barisic  wasn't outstanding or brilliant in that game, especially in the first half  but then again, there weren't many that looked the part probably due to the pitch that was bone dry and slow, plus the tactics and effort of the opposition. The second half was a different kettle of fish though and we showed a bit of class. I was as disappointed as any about Borna  last season but there's more to playing in a strange overseas league than supporters think, even for injury free players, which Barasic clearly wasn't. I've even  seen people say that he hasn't got the bottle for Scottish football, but anybody who has seen Croatian football would know that you don't play around 150 games and be capped by Croatia if you can't handle the heat.

He obviously fits into Gerrards' plans of how he wants his team to play as a unit, so I'll wait a bit before I crucify the guy as utter shite.

My first post guys...so go easy.....

My two pence worth on Barisic is that he clearly has the capability to be outstanding because we signed him after he was outstanding against us. We had a decent teams out those nights and he looked every bit the Rangers type player. Admittedly, he's flattered to deceive a lot of the time since and i've often wondered if those games against us were his best ever moments. Like someone else said....we'll know by Christmas if he's the real deal or not.

Still has a lot to prove for me and probably my only worry in our starting 11 for big games.  Has good delivery and useful set pieces, though still don't think we've seen the best of that yet.

Biggest worry is that he's looked dodgy defensively, hesitant in the tackle and also when teams have got stuck in and played at a high tempo (classic SPL style against us when it's a cup final for them) he's not been able to stand up to it.

Has my backing but needs to get the grips with the above fast.

From a good few bears it’s “ fuck i said he was some player and he was shite , the Croatian internationalist blinkers many to which means fuck all when he’s getting a torrid time in most  spl games ,so we’re gripping on to Tuesday to prove ourselves right (not me I think he’s been an imposter from day one) teams in Scotland play down him they can smell the fear , I’m shitting myself the now that Gerrard goes with him against them 4 games in unless of course the 3 games before he shows he’s up for the battle and ready to stand up to the spl 👍🏻👌🏻