Borna Barisic

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Also a sign that teammates have no confidence in you. I noticed that as well. Many times he was open and didn't get the ball.

I thought that today he was screaming at times for the ball but still no pass came.

Part of the Barasic conundrum is down to us not having a regular left mid. Tav had the likes of Candeias to work with which helped him but Barisic hasn't had that relationship with anyone down the left who will drop in and cover and make space etc.

29 minutes ago, Smile said:

Didnt have a great game today but players were also slow to switch it to him when he was in acres of space.

But no matter when you give it to him, he only wants to stop & go sideways or backwards. Someone said he outmuscled somebidy today but, as usual, he got outmuscled a right few times. Absolute lightweight.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Clear some have decided on him. 

Same with Tav last year. ‘Can’t defend’ was the mantra, regardless of what he did. 

After his last two performances, he still can't, but no matter how bad, you still can't criticise. Clear some have decided he can do no wrong.

I don’t know wit camp i want to be  in with barisic, one min he’s good the next he looks like a complete shitebag but I always end up telling myself, he must have something given he gets a game for the  Croatian national team and actually looks a totally different player, couple of performances for us like he gives for Croatia and I think our support will love him

I hope this season is the making of him, when he’s at it and gets himself involved his delivery can be lethal 

If not I defo think he’ll be 1 of they players we regret not seeing more of as his career ascends, he won’t go to the heights of a gattuso but someone like him who we’d loved to have had around ibrox a bit longer when you eventually see him doing the business for someone else

I think he’s been terrible generally.  Yesterday, he was decent... a couple of interceptions and a few dangerous corners. I was right behind the dug-out first half though and he was in acres a few times...didn’t hear him shout once. No hand up, no pointing where to put it, nothing. It’s like he’s hiding, his confidence is shot to fuck. The fact his team-mates sometimes see him (despite his best attempts to hide) and don’t play him in isn’t a good sign either. Wish he’d prove me wrong as that left back spot is out big weakness this year I think. If he or someone else steps up, we’re looking good.

9 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

After his last two performances, he still can't, but no matter how bad, you still can't criticise. Clear some have decided he can do no wrong.

You mean the performances where we’ve had two clean sheets? 

He wasn’t great against Progress, but he’s been our stand out player over the last 12-18 months.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

You mean the performances where we’ve had two clean sheets? 

He wasn’t great against Progress, but he’s been our stand out player over the last 12-18 months.

He was our stand out going forward on the right for the last six months of the season. Before Gerrard came he was a lost sheep and couldn't defend to save himself.  He grew into the captain's role but still a lightweight on that score. He again looks to be a shrinking violet. He may improve again like last season, but with our options going forward now, we have little need for his forward forays and even then, they are becoming ponderous and slower. On the the left we get from back to front jig time. Time will tell. 

I rate Barasic, even if last season he wasn’t great. This term, so far, he’s looked a decent player with preseason under his belt.  His delivery into the box is bang on the money most of the time. I think he will be a standout player this year, but might go under the radar due to some of the fans dislike for him.

3 hours ago, grant_rfc said:

I don't think hes as bad as people make out. I think people just have a soft spot for Halliday because hes a Rangers Supporter. 

Pish.

He's the best wide defender we have and it ainst his natural position. He has the ability, the pace and the mentality above others, including the plodder Tav.