Belated Under 18 Match Report

Elfideldo

Thanks for posting your report again. Elfideldo  (as usual). That was a fair old gubbing the kids gave Partick. Nathan Young-Coombes seemed to be involved in everything in this game, which doesn't surprise me after seeing play in the ALKASS cup games.  There are a lot of familiar names in that squad but Kane Ritchie-Holser is not one I've heard of, so what's your opinion on this lad? Keep up the good work mate both here and on Twitter.

On 11/07/2019 at 06:45, Ozblue said:

Thanks for posting your report again. Elfideldo  (as usual). That was a fair old gubbing the kids gave Partick. Nathan Young-Coombes seemed to be involved in everything in this game, which doesn't surprise me after seeing play in the ALKASS cup games.  There are a lot of familiar names in that squad but Kane Ritchie-Holser is not one I've heard of, so what's your opinion on this lad? Keep up the good work mate both here and on Twitter.

Just signed from Man City a think mate

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Just signed from Man City a think mate

He must have some talent because he seems by the report from Elfideldo to know what to do with a ball. BTW! Have you seen the half-time score between our youths and Huddersfield? Fucking hell, Nathan Young-Coombes seems to be on a one man demolition job before he was replaced after 40 minutes. I hate to do comparisons, but he has a lot of Billy Gilmour in him.

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

They just won 9-1 against Huddersfield today. NYC 2 goals, 3 assists. Not bad for a 16 yr old.

That Nathan Young-Coombes is a fucking one man demolition squad when he gets going. I think he will be joining in with the first team training  very soon...I hope the new contract is being looked at.

4 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

That Nathan Young-Coombes is a fucking one man demolition squad when he gets going. I think he will be joining in with the first team training  very soon...I hope the new contract is being looked at.

rarely 16 yr olds get to play with the first team ( Ronney did ) but he is certainly one to watch out for.

16 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

rarely 16 yr olds get to play with the first team ( Ronney did ) but he is certainly one to watch out for.

He won't get to play with the first team, mate, but I wouldn't mind betting that by next year at the latest he will be training with them if he keeps progressing. The only 16 yr old players I can remember playing competitively  for the first team at that age was John Fleck and Derek Ferguson, both at 15 yrs of age. Wullie Henderson and Big Derek Johnstone played first team at 16 yrs and  Derek actually scored the winner against the scum in the  league Cup final. Maybe more have achieved this feat but I can't remember offhand.

2 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

He won't get to play with the first team, mate, but I wouldn't mind betting that by next year at the latest he will be training with them if he keeps progressing. The only 16 yr old players I can remember playing competitively  for the first team at that age was John Fleck and Derek Ferguson, both at 15 yrs of age. Wullie Henderson and Big Derek Johnstone played first team at 16 yrs and  Derek actually scored the winner against the scum in the  league Cup final. Maybe more have achieved this feat but I can't remember offhand.

If you read my posts mate in the Stephen Kelly thread, you will see my frustration with promoting youth. Not one player has made it from the academy this year despite having the best set up in years. At least last year we had Middleton & McCrorie. And look at the way we handled John Fleck who is about to play EPL football.

( McCloy  to Jardine to  Mclean to Johnstone - raised above McNeil and scored - 16 yrs old. 😀

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If you read my posts mate in the Stephen Kelly thread, you will see my frustration with promoting youth. Not one player has made it from the academy this year despite having the best set up in years. At least last year we had Middleton & McCrorie. And look at the way we handled John Fleck who is about to play EPL football.

( McCloy  to Jardine to  Mclean to Johnstone - raised above McNeil and scored - 16 yrs old. 😀

I doubt John Fleck would get in our team to be honest.

Yea you can get the odd freak of a player like Rooney who physically mature way ahead of their peers and can play first team football early, but many take longer to physically mature and be ready.

NYC seems to be way too lightweight to start pushing the first team just yet. He is one for a few years time, and I am very excited about how far he can go.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I doubt John Fleck would get in our team to be honest.

Yea you can get the odd freak of a player like Rooney who physically mature way ahead of their peers and can play first team football early, but many take longer to physically mature and be ready.

NYC seems to be way too lightweight to start pushing the first team just yet. He is one for a few years time, and I am very excited about how far he can go.

Of course he is too light weight, he is no where near ready and yes players like Rooney are rare. John Fleck or Greg Docherty? I know who I would rather have in my 18. Anyway, the point is we have some tremendous youngster. 9-1 today is very impressive.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Of course he is too light weight, he is no where near ready and yes players like Rooney are rare. John Fleck or Greg Docherty? I know who I would rather have in my 18. Anyway, the point is we have some tremendous youngster. 9-1 today is very impressive.

John Fleck or Kamara/Arfield/Aribo/Davis? Jack also probably better than him. Docherty is a squad player who we hope will massively improve. Fleck is at the  pinnacle of his career.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

John Fleck or Kamara/Arfield/Aribo/Davis? Jack also probably better than him. Docherty is a squad player who we hope will massively improve. Fleck is at the  pinnacle of his career.

The point is we let him go.

17 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I actually replied to you in the Stephen Kelly thread. I think the reason we never promoted any youth to the first team is because we were hoping to win the league and we needed experience to do it. When I get time I will tell you why John Fleck never progressed with Rangers, and this came from the mouth of the lad himself...It might surprise you what he told me.

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

I actually replied to you in the Stephen Kelly thread. I think the reason we never promoted any youth to the first team is because we were hoping to win the league and we needed experience to do it. When I get time I will tell you why John Fleck never progressed with Rangers, and this came from the mouth of the lad himself...It might surprise you what he told me.

Would love to hear that one day.......