18’s Stroll Past Huddersfield Town

Elfideldo

5 hours ago, EatDolphins said:

We've been dating that for years though. 

We now seem to be picking up talent from other leagues though. With Balde and Ritchie-Hosler, from highly rated academies, following Coombes-Young and, hopefully, with Rachi to follow they are on a different level to many that have gone before.

2 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

We now seem to be picking up talent from other leagues though. With Balde and Ritchie-Hosler, from highly rated academies, following Coombes-Young and, hopefully, with Rachi to follow they are on a different level to many that have gone before.

Rachi played yesterday so I would assume he’s signed. @Elfideldo would be able to confirm.

Any thoughts on what type of player he is?

20 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Rachi played yesterday so I would assume he’s signed. @Elfideldo would be able to confirm.

Any thoughts on what type of player he is?

It said in a report he played as a Trialist, would imagine it will be done shortly though.

Not seen him play but he is highly regarded, by all reports, and got an U17 cap at 15, albeit for Albania. He impressed Tottenham enough for them to sign him. I think it all shows the regard our Academy is held in, plus there is probably a 'Gerrard effect' to a degree.

4 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

It said in a report he played as a Trialist, would imagine it will be done shortly though.

Not seen him play but he is highly regarded, by all reports, and got an U17 cap at 15, albeit for Albania. He impressed Tottenham enough for them to sign him. I think it all shows the regard our Academy is held in, plus there is probably a 'Gerrard effect' to a degree.

As we named him on the club website I thought it more or less confirmed he’s signing. Like you say it won’t be far away if not already.

Seem to be keeping an eye on what’s going around us in England/Portugal at that level which is good.

Hopefully a few can kick on into the first team in a few years. Well overdue a decent crop.

13 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

No Ross is from Northern Ireland and has just joined from Linfield.

I know one of the celtic scouts & he reckons Ross McAusland is the cream of the crop, having watched him recently at the HTC. In fact, he said that he asked Willie McStay how they did not spot him earlier. What do you think? 

Slightly disappointed to hear from a Huddersfield fan that this is a brand new U17 side - a side which only met (not just pre-season) for the first time a week ago.   If that’s true, it maybe takes a little bit of a shine off the win.  

13 minutes ago, GazTops said:

Slightly disappointed to hear from a Huddersfield fan that this is a brand new U17 side - a side which only met (not just pre-season) for the first time a week ago.   If that’s true, it maybe takes a little bit of a shine off the win.  

Aye they would say that. A win's a win, who gives a fuck about their excuses.

11 hours ago, GazTops said:

Rangers did play well, but this was a poor Huddersfield side. Like Rangers it seems they were a mix of 2002's and 2003's, but six of Huddersfield's 2002's are in Austria with their Under 19's.