Pop-up Gers Store - Louden Tavern

21 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The club own Ed House, so why not there?

Buses parked at Copland side walk up bye it and easily accessible for folk on buses parked at Broomloan.

why not just honour the contract and use the mega store, solved.

Just now, backup said:

why not just honour the contract and use the mega store, solved.

King did say it was a great deal at one point. We cannot have made much under this board from retail as they are always paying court costs.  I wish it was all sorted out but wont be as King&co signed another deal with Ashley giving him more control.

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

What’s the tennants stuff all about?

The Louden got rid of Tennents as there was a dispute with them or something. Replaced it with Carling.

People always harp on at him about getting Tennents back as Carling is shite etc so it's referring to that.

35 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The club own Ed House, so why not there?

Buses parked at Copland side walk up bye it and easily accessible for folk on buses parked at Broomloan.

Inside Ed House? Probably because of tje cost to make it usable. Theres maybe certain other restrictions on selling within the stadium footprint otherwise Id have kiosks on the concourses selling merch. 

15 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

The Louden got rid of Tennents as there was a dispute with them or something. Replaced it with Carling.

People always harp on at him about getting Tennents back as Carling is shite etc so it's referring to that.

Harp was knatspiss.

5 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

That's true.

I've no issue with the pop up shop, just see there's no mention of gers store on his advertising so just got me thinking. 

We really need to sort the retail space out. That's 40,000 potential customers the club are missing out on for every game.

This, I have nothing against a pop up shop either but I am concerned about the fact we are still facing the courtcase outcome and this seems to be a bit of a get it up you to SD, which would be fine if they were no longer involved.

Also if we could get the deal finally sorted we would not need a pop up at Ibrox because we have a fucking good shop which just needs to be stocked. 

59 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Finally on the club website.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/the-louden-tavern-to-host-pop-up-gers-store-as-Rangers-host-marseille/?grva_cmp_open=1

EDIT: thats Rangers news not the club website :duh:

Still nothing on the website. Deliberately keeping distance due to the SD case? 

The club cannot advertise, encourage or have any links to Elite and thier operations 

I expect Ashley will be unhappy about this pop up shop.  I expect him to challenge it in the courts.  I expect the club to say they had no involvement in the pop up shop decision.  I expect a judge to laugh at that, and I expect this to cost us a couple of million more.

On another note, I assume The Louden will be fine with me setting up a Mrs Eagle's Rangers Charity Shop stall next to theirs?  

bath_ducks_zps3b18e669.thumb.jpg.bbda04368783d95f87fcf75553a1b65d.jpg

1 minute ago, govanblue said:

I expect Ashley will be unhappy about this pop up shop.  I expect him to challenge it in the courts.  I expect the club to say they had no involvement in the pop up shop decision.  I expect a judge to laugh at that, and I expect this to cost us a couple of million more.

On another note, I assume The Louden will be fine with me setting up a Mrs Eagle's Rangers Charity Shop stall next to theirs?  

bath_ducks_zps3b18e669.thumb.jpg.bbda04368783d95f87fcf75553a1b65d.jpg

Fuck Ashley 

32 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Giving him such easy openings is not really fucking him.

Am I owing you anything young fella, you and Zetland don't get half the recognition you should, for the fine job you all do for our brave service personnel, salt of the earth you all are ✌️👏👏👏👏👏👏

5 minutes ago, backup said:

Am I owing you anything young fella, you and Zetland don't get half the recognition you should, for the fine job you all do for our brave service personnel, salt of the earth you all are ✌️👏👏👏👏👏👏

No mate.  you're fully up to date, having contributed to the recent End of Season Fundraiser. :tu:

So we can all have a few weeks off, then we'll be launching the new season fundraiser as soon as we get our breath back.

However, a little bird tells me that our very own Broxi Bravehound may be looking for some support for something on the horizon.  I'm sure we'll hear about that soon enough. :sherlock:

Just now, govanblue said:

No mate.  you're fully up to date, having contributed to the recent End of Season Fundraiser. :tu:

So we can all have a few weeks off, then we'll be launching the new season fundraiser as soon as we get our breath back.

However, a little bird tells me that our very own Broxi Bravehound may be looking for some support for something on the horizon.  I'm sure we'll hear about that soon enough. :sherlock:

Good lad thanks, and may the all seeing look kindly on all your endeavours ✌

16 hours ago, piperpete said:

They do but it’s the clubs doing it, there are many pop up shops some in pub car parks , the difference from what I have read is that the club have nothing To do with this venture , 

It may well be that all profits are put into the club but how can  this be done without the club being involved as it’s not easy to put a large amount of money into any company in a donation as Mr Tax man will want to see a full audit trail if he asks

The club can't have anything to do with it.The shop will be staffed by The Rangers Shop (Elite) personnel.

5 hours ago, backup said:

At least he is now saying Elite are making money, which helps us not one iota.

6C5C6A6C-66DC-4D53-A148-5CBF9BA2CFCD.thumb.png.ec0a6062aaef7f94b9e185cc7ea83cf7.png

Cmon to fuck you know fine we’ll Rangers will get a percentage of everything sold it’s a extension of the st Enoch shop for a day.

Whats the obsession with the guy that runs the louden in here?

Its a cracking Rangers boozer on our doorstep 

2 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

Cmon to fuck you know fine we’ll Rangers will get a percentage of everything sold it’s a extension of the st Enoch shop for a day.

Whats the obsession with the guy that runs the louden in here?

Its a cracking Rangers boozer on our doorstep 

Take good advice 👇👇

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.