Our Captain

I see a certain lb linked with arsenal for 25million. Well we have the best wing back in the spfl so I think he's worth at least that

Why is that cunt worth 25million because hes played in the champions league lol hes needing arse reconstruction surgery because anytime he's stepped up to a decent level he's hopelessly exposed.

19 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I see a certain lb linked with arsenal for 25million. Well we have the best wing back in the spfl so I think he's worth at least that

Why is that cunt worth 25million because hes played in the champions league lol hes needing arse reconstruction surgery because anytime he's stepped up to a decent level he's hopelessly exposed.

We have the best fullback in the league regardless mate. No question for me, the only things brace face has in his favour over Tav is age and a media and pr team ridiculously ramping up his just above average ability. Fuck me, cunts actively target his side as a week link in a back four that had lustig in it. 

There’s a lot to like about tav, ye never see him lying in a puddle of his own piss with a kebab for a pillow, nor does he feel the need to adopt an alter ego as a hardman then play the victim card 

I’ve no doubt he’s had opportunities to leave but wants to be a winner at Rangers an put the tarriers in their place before he thinks about that, loyalty is rare in football as we all know but some, SOME aren’t just involved for the money and tav falls into that bracket 

30 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

There’s a lot to like about tav, ye never see him lying in a puddle of his own piss with a kebab for a pillow, nor does he feel the need to adopt an alter ego as a hardman then play the victim card 

I’ve no doubt he’s had opportunities to leave but wants to be a winner at Rangers an put the tarriers in their place before he thinks about that, loyalty is rare in football as we all know but some, SOME aren’t just involved for the money and tav falls into that bracket 

Love the guy. But you're talking absolute shite here...

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He's nearing his 200th game for us, just checking his stats there and he's been directly involved in over 100 goals for us. 

That's fucking outrageous numbers for a full back :whistle:

How's his hip from what scottish media says if your a full back with a dodgy hip your worth 35mil

We defo won’t replace him with somebody who’s like for like, they don’t come cheap, we wouldn’t have a sniff of getting a guy like tav at the level he operates at now if he played elsewhere, he’d  be well out of our financial capabilities so best just enjoy him while he’s here

14 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

When he wins Rangers 55, Tav will undoubtedly be the best. He's great and has clout, but he hasn't won us 55 yet. 

That's where I am at...at the moment. 

Argue the fudge, but this is fact. 

He’s been improving year on year imo but in truth even if he was as good when we signed him as he is now, he still wouldn’t have won us 55 with the dross he was playing with, under Gerrard with the quality he can attract gives us a fighting chance

after seeing the beast from the east getting offered what I’d call crazy money for their lb I wouldn’t be entertaining anything under 15m for tav an that’s cheap imho 

8 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If he’s that good he needs moved on, time to cash in. 

Every player has their price ,   If we were offered £12m for him he would be gone, fuck I would drive him to where ever myself, not that I don't rate him, but think what we could do with £12m to invest ?

As I said they all have their price as English football has left us so far behind with tv rights etc that we can't even compete with the top championship teams now never mind the premiership ones and it's killling football.  

9 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's not the typical Greig, Butcher, Ferguson type character, and I admit that's what I like and want in a captain. But hands up, I've underestimated his qualities.

Hes central to our play, he contributes fantastically towards goals but has also improved defensively, and imo appears very well rated by his teammates as a captain. I guess if it's good enough for the club, and is certainly working in the right direction in terms of results, then I can accept it for now too.

Up until this last season I was worried he was one (even with his great personal stats) of those players who were always on the losing side especially against 'abusers fc' but after beating them last season I am really hopeful he can be our captain for 55.

I should add I have always liked Tav as a person I just thought he was not going to be a winner, I do hope he proves me wrong this new season. 👍 

There’s no doubting that he’s improved with us season on season.  Sometimes coming on here it’s easy to get sucked in by the few that just can’t take to him and look for the negatives, but overall there’s no doubting that he’s 1 of our most important players and 1 of the best players in the whole division.  Scotland are crying out for a right back like him, good crosser of the ball, seems to have developed nerves of steel over the last 2 years with all the penalties he takes and converts.

according to Miller he’s very vocal on the pitch and in the dressing room. I’ll gladly admit I was wrong about him and if we were to sell him it can’t be for any less than 15 million. 

Under Gerrard he's just got so much better. Going forward he's stepped it up from the good level he was at already. Defensively, especially the last 6 months, he has improved dramatically. Only thing I can call him out for was the pass against celtic but it wasn't the typical being out of position defending and the penalty at pittodrie. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

He's always had the talent but never had the correct coach and probably suffered from playing alongside absolute shite. It's no coincidence that as soon as we get a bit of quality in he becomes better.

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

Every player has their price ,   If we were offered £12m for him he would be gone, fuck I would drive him to where ever myself, not that I don't rate him, but think what we could do with £12m to invest ?

As I said they all have their price as English football has left us so far behind with tv rights etc that we can't even compete with the top championship teams now never mind the premiership ones and it's killling football.  

I agree mate, if a 10mill+ offer came in we would have to take it. It’s simple financial reality. 

Although it would be nice to tell the rich fuckers down south to get ta fuck. 

10 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He's nearing his 200th game for us, just checking his stats there and he's been directly involved in over 100 goals for us. 

That's fucking outrageous numbers for a full back :whistle:

He really stepped up last season, was a bit of a shite bag before that, but credit where it's due. He was outstanding last season.

Improving his defensive side all the time. No where near as suspect as he was when he first arrived so he is obviously working on this. Got to think at times that the team shape has to cover for him when he goes forward especially if we play two sitting midfielders. One of them has to step out to the right back slot if Tav is forward trying to assist in the attacking third. 

8 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

When he goes he will be the biggest miss of all in our team.

A few on RM saying this but maybe he won't go anywhere. He clearly loves playing for us and Gerrard rates him highly. Unless an outrageously high bid comes in he'll be here for a good while.