Our Captain

Stats are one thing. But he's also played some of our most embarrassing defeats in our history. I like tav but till he lifts a trophy he'll just be another player that wore our Jersey. 

When tav steps up as captain to lift 55 he'll go down in history 

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Folk moan about him being out of position but still expect him to be there 10 secs after hitting the byeline and crossing the ball. Its impossible to do what he does going forward whilst being in a defensive position every time the opposition breaks too.

For me, it's more about what he does as a defender when he is actually defending. He's improved significantly, intercepts well, doesn't get caught ball watching, doesn't get targeted now as a weakness like he was by Stokes in the cup final. He's learned the art of defending enough now that he's not a defensive weakness whilst being a fantastic attacking outlet.

An excuse that is used far too often for Tav when he switches off. 

If you actually watch him he fucks up far more often when he is already back in position and simply can’t track a runner. 

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

An excuse that is used far too often for Tav when he switches off. 

If you actually watch him he fucks up far more often when he is already back in position and simply can’t track a runner. 

How many is "far more often" though? How many goals did he cost us last season?

14 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If he’s that good he needs moved on, time to cash in. 

Sorry mate you would have to spend every penny we get for him trying to replace what he gives us.

We could absolutely find a 30 goal a season striker for less than half of what we could potentially get for Morelos.

53 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How many is "far more often" though? How many goals did he cost us last season?

Motherwell 2 celtic 1 Aberdeen 1 Europe 2  off the top of my head

Points wise at least 7 points off the top of my head. 

I don’t want him sold but this hero worship as if we can’t do without him is cringeworthy. 

52 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Sorry mate you would have to spend every penny we get for him trying to replace what he gives us.

We could absolutely find a 30 goal a season striker for less than half of what we could potentially get for Morelos.

I agree so sell the both of them for 35mill total spend 20mill to replace them 15mill in the bank. 

My consultants fee is in the post. 

13 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

He’s been improving year on year imo but in truth even if he was as good when we signed him as he is now, he still wouldn’t have won us 55 with the dross he was playing with, under Gerrard with the quality he can attract gives us a fighting chance

after seeing the beast from the east getting offered what I’d call crazy money for their lb I wouldn’t be entertaining anything under 15m for tav an that’s cheap imho 

Not buying that, Tomatosauce.

We could easily have won last season had they ALL pulled their socks up and had their head in the game. They were all at fault last season. All had their howler games including Gerrard. 

I like Tav. I was harsh on him beginning of season, but as you say he improved, but he wasn't always polished...he wasn't alone though. Morelos cost us(I am aware it wasn't always his fault and still love the little guy), but many of the players also let us down. 

If Tav stays - which I think he will,  then it is vital we play far better football this season and show everyone what it means to play for Rangers. 

I agree, despite last season woes, he is worth more than £15, but he's got to prove this to the rest of the world despite the stats. Winning trophies is what really speaks volumes to the bigger teams.  The discipline needs to be tight also. 

I don't think he will be leaving unless we are offered serious money. Playing in Europa, leading Rangers all the way as Captain to 55 also? 

Here's hoping we do as well in our league games as we are with the friendlies etc so far...who knows what is in store for Tav.  We will find out soon enough sure.  

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

The days of us spending upwards of £6/7m on a single player are long gone,never mind £10m :lol:

So what would you do with the 35mill??

Just let it sit in the bank, it needs to be pumped back into the squad. Before the board sign anymore stupid contracts then have to pay millions in damages to get out of them again. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

So what would you do with the 35mill??

Just let it sit in the bank, it needs to be pumped back into the squad. Before the board sign anymore stupid contracts then have to pay millions in damages to get out of them again. 

It needs to be pumped into the club itself, we're not exactly flooded with money atm are we? 

1 hour ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Not buying that, Tomatosauce.

We could easily have won last season had they ALL pulled their socks up and had their head in the game. They were all at fault last season. All had their howler games including Gerrard. 

I like Tav. I was harsh on him beginning of season, but as you say he improved, but he wasn't always polished...he wasn't alone though. Morelos cost us(I am aware it wasn't always his fault and still love the little guy), but many of the players also let us down. 

If Tav stays - which I think he will,  then it is vital we play far better football this season and show everyone what it means to play for Rangers. 

I agree, despite last season woes, he is worth more than £15, but he's got to prove this to the rest of the world despite the stats. Winning trophies is what really speaks volumes to the bigger teams.  The discipline needs to be tight also. 

I don't think he will be leaving unless we are offered serious money. Playing in Europa, leading Rangers all the way as Captain to 55 also? 

Here's hoping we do as well in our league games as we are with the friendlies etc so far...who knows what is in store for Tav.  We will find out soon enough sure.  

Fair point, what I meant was we look to be adding more quality in the squad this season, if we went with the exact same squad as last year I wouldn’t feel as confident as I do now, that we can finally put up a right good fight (assuming we keep the squad we’ve got right now and nobody leaves)

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 01:47, KingKirk said:

I see a certain lb linked with arsenal for 25million. Well we have the best wing back in the spfl so I think he's worth at least that

Why is that cunt worth 25million because hes played in the champions league lol hes needing arse reconstruction surgery because anytime he's stepped up to a decent level he's hopelessly exposed.

Tav is worth 35 million in that case

18 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Motherwell 2 celtic 1 Aberdeen 1 Europe 2  off the top of my head

Points wise at least 7 points off the top of my head. 

I don’t want him sold but this hero worship as if we can’t do without him is cringeworthy. 

You’re making stuff up.