Our Captain

18 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Motherwell 2 celtic 1 Aberdeen 1 Europe 2  off the top of my head

Points wise at least 7 points off the top of my head. 

I don’t want him sold but this hero worship as if we can’t do without him is cringeworthy. 

What European game(s)?

18 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Motherwell 2 celtic 1 Aberdeen 1 Europe 2  off the top of my head

Points wise at least 7 points off the top of my head. 

I don’t want him sold but this hero worship as if we can’t do without him is cringeworthy. 

Apart from the scum one, which goals in which games are you referring to specifically. I'm going to have to look at them again as I dont recall him costing us 6 goals over the season.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Apart from the scum one, which goals in which games are you referring to specifically. I'm going to have to look at them again as I dont recall him costing us 6 goals over the season.

He was at fault for one of Motherwells goals but the other was shaggers fault for not coming and taking a ball that was there to be caught or punched.

Having said that, if a team is allowed to fire ball after ball after ball into your box for the last 3rd of a match eventually someone will lose their man or miss a clearance. Law of averages dictates that. No one will ever convince me that if the likes of Gough, Cuellar or Weir were in Rangers sides that came under so much consistent pressure they wouldn't have fucked it a few times and cost us goals.

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Can't remember what game it was last season, but Tav basically misplaced a pass at the oppositions corner flag and they managed to hit us on the counter and go up the other end and score, running past all the other Rangers players, but it was still Tavs fault.

Good times.

Only because of who was really at fault...

19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Motherwell 3-3 Tav lost his man 

Aberdeen 1-1 Tav again loses his man

Europe can’t remember exact teams but he was constantly losing his man at the back post. 

Ive all the praise for him going forward although his delivery does get blown out of proportion as it’s as bad as it is good at times. Strange that folk can’t see his faults in defence. 

Judt had a quick check, Rapids first goal at Ibrox is everything in a nutshell that is wrong with Tav as a defender. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Europe can’t remember exact teams but he was constantly losing his man at the back post. 

Ive all the praise for him going forward although his delivery does get blown out of proportion as it’s as bad as it is good at times. Strange that folk can’t see his faults in defence. 

No, he doesn't.

Coulibaly gets out jumped and bullied and Tav actually tries to cover his runner, nothing he could've done there.

20 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

No, he doesn't.

Watch it again, Tav attempts to stop their number 19 from running in behind and covers him.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Goldson for not getting out quick enough.

Folk that want Tav to be at fault may be able to see him as blame worthy for that goal.

I'd reckon most objective folk would say he could have done more, but to put that on him is a stretch too far.

39 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Judt had a quick check, Rapids first goal at Ibrox is everything in a nutshell that is wrong with Tav as a defender. 

So one motherwell goal not two and one goal in Europe?

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Folk that want Tav to be at fault may be able to see him as blame worthy for that goal.

I'd reckon most objective folk would say he could have done more, but to put that on him is a stretch too far.

He was maybe guilty of being a bit indecisive, but to blame him for that goal while ignoring both Coulibaly and Goldsons role, you start to question the motives tbh.

19 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That’s probably what people are thinking when you defend Morelos. 

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

He was maybe guilty of being a bit indecisive, but to blame him for that goal while ignoring both Coulibaly and Goldsons role, you start to question the motives tbh.

Yeah there was fairly similar poor contribution from 3 players who could all have done better, I just cant see any one player be it Tav, Goldson or Coulobaly who is responsible for it.

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Just wondering what Goldson was doing getting out of the way of the shot. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D3h3ysrO5D7U%26feature%3Donebox&ved=2ahUKEwis-JTF3bbjAhWvDmMBHT1MAC8Qsk56BAgBEAo&usg=AOvVaw2gxDHk_A1QD668u9EOM6ab

Ball played through at left  back was offside, Tav was holding his line. He then made ground on his man, and rightly came more central to block his man from getting the cross.

The cross fell deeper behind him and his man. Tav could either run wide to his man, or hold position to block a shot coming in. I've no qualms with his decision to stay in front of goal.

A touch by a Rangers player played it wide to Tavs man who scored with his first touch.

So if in a nutshell that's everything that's wrong with him then hopefully offside balls and his team mates passing to his man wont happen and the wrongful blame game against him will stop.

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

Can't remember what game it was last season, but Tav basically misplaced a pass at the oppositions corner flag and they managed to hit us on the counter and go up the other end and score, running past all the other Rangers players, but it was still Tavs fault.

Good times.

Was that not at hibs away when they equalised? Except what happened was he was fouled but the ref never gave it and hibs went and scored? Might be wrong