*****Official Rangers v St Joseph's Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

I know it's early doors and a bit early to judge, but we have moved on from last season. No issues with the new signings and the young lads defo enhance the squad.

Just  good performances all round. Gerrard set us up well. High pressing high tempo game, beginning to end. Some great movement off the ball.

Alfie done his usual.

McPake looks a player.

Aribo just quality and fucking strong.

However, saving the best till last. Whatever the fuck Gerrard is doing with Halliday it's fucking working.  His progress continues. Pace, commitment, reading the game. Some nice slick passing and crossing. Unlucky not to score and not for taking prisoners. His moves forward a bit like Tav tbh, but quicker and harder.

It's Halliday for me at left back in front of all others.  Keeps that level of performance up, no other cunt at LB in Scotland will touch him.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Stewart came onto a game

Other than the first team regulars that played tonight, think he and Aribo are first team squad players Aribo more like first team standard. The rest have a bit to go yet. Can't even say Edmundson got a decent enough test tonight so not sure on him yet!

18 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Ironically going out not playing on the continent 😂

Ahahahahahaha.....just noticed they played Welshies! That's fuckin hilarious!!! :lol: :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I know it's early doors and a bit early to judge, but we have moved on from last season. No issues with the new signings and the young lads defo enhance the squad.

Just  good performances all round. Gerrard set us up well. High pressing high tempo game, beginning to end. Some great movement off the ball.

Alfie done his usual.

McPake looks a player.

However, saving the best till last. Whatever the fuck Gerrard is doing with Halliday it's fucking working.  His progress continues. Pace, commitment, reading the game. Some nice slick passing and crossing. Unlucky not to score and not for taking prisoners. His moves forward a bit like Tav tbh, but quicker and harder.

It's Halliday for me at left back in front of all others.  Keeps that level of performance up, no other cunt at LB in Scotland will touch him.

Good game and result , we should be doing this to this standard of team but we havent in recent years. Will save the praise for any of them when they do it in games that matter , this was nothing more than a pub team. Looking good early doors ..........

1 minute ago, northern bear said:

Fair enough but just seems like a massive overreaction half the time. He might  not be good enough but he's young so needs a chance. If he came through our youth system everyone would be creaming themselves 

There is always a reaction from fans (not just on RM) about new players being pish/shite when they are new or working towards gelling in to a new team. Look at Davis first few games=fucking shite,  Tavernier=fucking pure shite, Halliday= fucking shite, I think you get the drift. even tonight, Polster was solid at the back but  really not being effective, Stewart, similar, but got better as the game went on. It's just the way it is at Rangers. and punters are just voicing their opinion at the time.

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Alfie done his usual.

McPake looks a player.

Is he worth 50 million now?

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

Not really. You do know how air travel works, don't you 😉 *Pernikety Loyal* :UK:  

If we used a British airline then we (may) technically not have left UK territory at any time. Just a thought, not sure how things go with legal jurisdiction on inter continental flights.

Just now, Darth Bear said:

Halliday has to be one of the most improved players under Gerard. The desire and commitment have always been there but dare I say that he can play now as well?

You can dare, bear

3 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

If we used a British airline then we (may) technically not have left UK territory at any time. Just a thought, not sure how things go with legal jurisdiction on inter continental flights.

I'm sure we used Carpatair.....Romanian airline. Hope that helps :lol: :lol: 

34 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

I thought it was interesting to watch Alfredo's body language.

First goal he does his wee slide, doesn't do the heart thing, but instead points both fingers to the ground as if maybe to say he's staying here, Grabs the ball at the end and looks like a happy kid playing keepy-uppy. Hug with Gerrard. No big emotional reaction with the crowd.

Says to me that there's no immediate plan to leave.

I get the feeling he knows another season here with this team could be good for him - could be wrong, but it just felt like he was happy to be here tonight.

That is his usual celebration 🤔

11 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Is he worth 50 million now?

.?

If KT is worth 25m, I'm taking Halliday all day long.

He impoved immensley last season, but ffs, the transformation has just seriously upped several notches.

Between his own personal commitment and new coaching methods he's showing some fucking well honed ability. Something has appeared to just have clicked. Don't think I've witnessed such an improvement in a player, that two seasons ago he was for out the door not up to Rangers standard.

Seriously deserves a lot of credit.

Archived