*****Official Rangers v St Joseph's Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I hear the sentiment BUT the whole attitude from that lot over the last 12-18months leaves me saying fuck them / GIRFUY.  I know he's moved on but the whole "bye bye Rangers" in the last game sums them up. I desperately want us to go down there on day1 and give them a fucking doing. 

they wont have a competitive game now for 21/2 weeks before they play us

By fuck it's nice just to enjoy watching Rangers. Regardless of opposition the work rate of the guys and some of our play was outstanding. Come the winter months against the hammer throwers I hope we are still playing with this enthusiasm. 

Very enjoyable evening tonight. Some goals and getting to see a bit more of the new signings.

On to Sunday against Blackburn which I think will be a nice challenge for us then onto Progres where I cannot see a repeat of two years ago at all!!

See guys mentioning that Kilmarnock result. Get them beat on the first day Rangers fs😂

I thought it was interesting to watch Alfredo's body language.

First goal he does his wee slide, doesn't do the heart thing, but instead points both fingers to the ground as if maybe to say he's staying here, Grabs the ball at the end and looks like a happy kid playing keepy-uppy. Hug with Gerrard. No big emotional reaction with the crowd.

Says to me that there's no immediate plan to leave.

I get the feeling he knows another season here with this team could be good for him - could be wrong, but it just felt like he was happy to be here tonight.

What I've liked so far this season is the how much the players help each other, all over the park. We really play like a team and that is the best foundation for success.  We were excellent again tonight.  The spirit at the club is there for all to see so hopefully transfers are over bar Kent. 

1 minute ago, TartanTeddy said:

I thought it was interesting to watch Alfredo's body language.

First goal he does his wee slide, doesn't do the heart thing, but instead points both fingers to the ground as if maybe to say he's staying here, Grabs the ball at the end and looks like a happy kid playing keepy-uppy. Hug with Gerrard. No big emotional reaction with the crowd.

Says to me that there's no immediate plan to leave.

I get the feeling he knows another season here with this team could be good for him - could be wrong, but it just felt like he was happy to be here tonight.

No team has put a bid in.

54 minutes ago, northern bear said:

Its embarrassing. Write off a young lad after 45 mins. He might be shite but give him a chance. 

I don't think Hastie is being written off, I think posters are just stating a fact the kid isn't having a good enough game against a bunch of basically amateurs. I've no doubt he will improve a lot during the season.

4 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

No team has put a bid in.

And he hasn't said he wants to leave.

If negotiations were going on I think his reaction would be different - not knowing if that was his last game here. But he just looked kind of content - and we all know he's an emotional wee fucker. 

Clearly none of us know what might happen. Just happy he wasn't chucking his shirt into the crowd and waving goodbye!

Just now, Ozblue said:

I don't think Hastie is being written off, I think posters are just stating a fact the kid isn't having a good enough game against a bunch of basically amateurs. I've no doubt he will improve a lot during the season.

Fair enough but just seems like a massive overreaction half the time. He might  not be good enough but he's young so needs a chance. If he came through our youth system everyone would be creaming themselves 

Archived