*****Official Rangers v St Joseph's Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

True

It's probably a bit patronising from us tbh but if I was one of their team and had just been pumped rotten knowing I'd be flying back to Gibraltar and stacking shelves tomorrow, I'd be very grateful at a shirt swap and some appreciation from the fans 😂

Nailed it

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

True

It's probably a bit patronising from us tbh but if I was one of their team and had just been pumped rotten knowing I'd be flying back to Gibraltar and stacking shelves tomorrow, I'd be very grateful at a shirt swap and some appreciation from the fans 😂

I think they were very grateful just being able to walk on the turf, never mind play on it. They knew they were going to get a hammering even before they came out of the tunnel and the noise inside the stadium would have been something they had never experienced in their life. It shows how much they loved the occasion when the entire squad lined up after they got hammered to get a team picture taken as if they had won the fucking thing 😂 Good on them.

I think StJ is probably going to be the worst team we play this season as the difference in quality was vast especially the speed of our players.

Fair play to then lapping as much up at the end as you could easily see they were a part time team. 

I’m glad we were relentless though with no inch given.

Same again next week please and I really do want the league to start as I want to see us quickly build up the points, with every game a win up to and beyond the game against the nonces at Ibrox. TLB sacked for Christmas and 55 a formality please 🙏

Enjoyed last night's game although it was pretty much just a training exercise.

I thought it really showed a good depth to the squad, with some players showing real promise even if not the finished article.

Hastie looked strong and direct but a bit raw, Docherty has definitely improved and still has more to bring, and Stewart looks like he can be an able deputy to Arfield.

Really getting quite excited about Kamara and Aribo together in the engine room. We could field a pretty stunning midfield this season in most games.

Although not looking 100% fit yet, I also think Morelos has moved up a level again in his positioning, vision and movement. If we can hold onto him, and rotate sensibly with Defoe, I think we could score an absolute mountain of goals this season

Good to be back at Ibrox, good crowd, good performance second half against basically a junior team, uefa are a shower of robbing bastards creating these qualifying rounds to fleece the fans, but we move on, bring on the next victims.

11 hours ago, giffnockger said:

Forgot to say as well Arfield absolutely outstanding when he came on. Completely changed the game with his link up play. with Defoe/Stewart. Will be so good this season when fully fit!

Arfield is a class act and fit as a flea, we should get a couple more seasons out of him, quality footballer.

Good to see us pumping a team we really should pump, which we haven't been doing the past while. Good performances carrying on from the friendlies too. 

Hastie tried too hard but will be a player, whether or not with us I'm not sure. Stewart is very clever and can be an astute player. Aribo is class as we've seen v Marseille and Oxford. Won't go through every cunt but good signs on our new players. 

Only negatives I have about the squad right now are Halliday and Polster. Both pish. The former will obviously give his all but is very limited technically and the latter runs like a giraffe and wouldn't look out of place as a Caixinha disaster signing. 

Archived