Ryan Kent

Liverpool winger Ryan Kent stars against Bradford and could save trip into the transfer market - Liverpool Echo 

Ryan Kent knows the value of a good pre-season and the Liverpool youngster looks to be taking his chance ahead of 2019/20 campaign

Looks as if he is fighting for a place in the 'pool 1st team squad

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-ryan-kent-transfer-news-16583224   

2 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

He's no coming back and imo we don't really need him. Ojk has similar attributes but is strong as an ox. More suited imo. 

As much as he was a bit of a cult hero last season I kind of agree with this. a purchase price set by Liverpool would be too rich for us so it would be a loan or nothing, Jones and Hastie are our players as is Murphy so the need for Kent is not the be all and end all.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

All well and good having Ojo, but they play on different sides, don’t rate Jones at all and Murphy coming back from a serious injury. 

Good for Murphy to be back playing at Ibrox today but he looked miles off it.

It’s going to be hard for him to get fitness back without regularly starting.

Kent wont get near their first-team when the competitive games start back up.  If Morelos were to go I'd love to see us reinvest that money and just buy Kent outright.  Kent absolutely shone in those Old Firm games and that ability to perform under pressure is priceless.  

Everything seems to be going as expected, and probably as hoped. He was always going to join up with Liverpool, they were always going to have a look at him, he was always going to play (just like last season, where he also impressed) moreso with so many first team players away.

It's not surprising that he has done well. He's a good player. I think him doing well probably helps us. If he was poor they might want to just cut their losses and sell when his stock is relatively high. If he performs well, it's still going to be quite the stretch for him to get game time at Liverpool but they might want to keep him so another loan may suit all parties.

15 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Everything seems to be going as expected, and probably as hoped. He was always going to join up with Liverpool, they were always going to have a look at him, he was always going to play (just like last season, where he also impressed) moreso with so many first team players away.

It's not surprising that he has done well. He's a good player. I think him doing well probably helps us. If he was poor they might want to just cut their losses and sell when his stock is relatively high. If he performs well, it's still going to be quite the stretch for him to get game time at Liverpool but they might want to keep him so another loan may suit all parties.

As good as I think Kent is there are some world class wingers in the Liverpool team before him.   He would get a handful of games there. 

22 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

As good as I think Kent is there are some world class wingers in the Liverpool team before him.   He would get a handful of games there. 

Perhaps they'll cash in on hm then?   No idea the depth of the squad 

• gogzy locked this topic