Rangers TV guest commentators

Ozblue

Watched the game on Rangers TV as usual with a midnight kick-off and thoroughly enjoyed our performance, except for the commentary of Ian Durrant. Now Ian Durrant was a wonderful player,  and for me, he was one of the best midfielders of his generation until he was assaulted by that cunt, Simpson.  He is very erudite regarding the tactics of the game and positional sense of where the players should be both on an off the ball whether it be in attack or defende.

I don't know if it was because of tiredness or whether I'm getting to be a cranky old cunt, but his overuse of the word, "Now" was doing my head in and I felt like turning the audio off several times, but persevered. There was on sentence of three words and two of them were, "Now"; in fact he said, Now, Now, on more than one occasion, so I really hope the wee man sticks to what he knows best= coaching footballers.

I'm not sure if it bothered anybody else who watched RTV, but it did my nut in.

24 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Found the 'now' thing weird  but didn't annoy me. 

Club legend. Could piss on my face and I'd still love him.

This 🙂 Durrant's not a pro commentator,so I gave him some leeway. He's very knowledgeable of the game and he made some insightful comments. I enjoyed his wee dig at Goldson 🙂

15 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Durrant wasn't too bad, apart from changing between Tam and Tommy and saying now too much.

Kevin Thomson is easily the best, Smith isn't bad either.

The Tam and Tommy was a laugh at times, but I have never heard any Glaswegian add the word now onto the end of a sentence.

I agree with you about KT and Stevie Smith.

10 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

This 🙂 Durrant's not a pro commentator,so I gave him some leeway. He's very knowledgeable of the game and he made some insightful comments. I enjoyed his wee dig at Goldson 🙂

He's absolutely brilliant with his football knowledge, and he's funny as fuck with the patter, and yes, the dig at Connor "McCoist" was quality.

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

Watched the game on Rangers TV as usual with a midnight kick-off and thoroughly enjoyed our performance, except for the commentary of Ian Durrant. Now Ian Durrant was a wonderful player,  and for me, he was one of the best midfielders of his generation until he was assaulted by that cunt, Simpson.  He is very erudite regarding the tactics of the game and positional sense of where the players should be both on an off the ball whether it be in attack or defende.

I don't know if it was because of tiredness or whether I'm getting to be a cranky old cunt, but his overuse of the word, "Now" was doing my head in and I felt like turning the audio off several times, but persevered. There was on sentence of three words and two of them were, "Now"; in fact he said, Now, Now, on more than one occasion, so I really hope the wee man sticks to what he knows best= coaching footballers.

I'm not sure if it bothered anybody else who watched RTV, but it did my nut in.

this. Plus Pommie. 😉