The pitch

MarzM

As always, it looks stunning. It's a credit to the grounds staff.

However i am a little concerned. The player who twisted his ankle yesterday did it because he stepped onto the artificial turf that runs next to the dugout side of the pitch.

Surely they could have extended the turf right up to the edge of the technical area? There's a good 2ft there. I'd hate something like that to happen to Murphy etc.

Do folks thing they would have looked at it today?

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Why did you chose murphy as an example?  

Because of what happened last year with that shite pitch at Kilmarnock. 

I wouldn't want him to get his studs caught and him hurt his knee again. I like the guy. (obviously)  

2 minutes ago, MarzM said:

As always, it looks stunning. It's a credit to the grounds staff.

However i am a little concerned. The player who twisted his ankle yesterday did it because he stepped onto the artificial turf that runs next to the dugout side of the pitch.

Surely they could have extended the turf right up to the edge of the technical area? There's a good 2ft there. I'd hate something like that to happen to Murphy etc.

Do folks thing they would have looked at it today?

Most pitches have the artificial stuff for the linesman to use so it doesn’t cut up. 

Yesterday was an accident and just bad luck for the Marseille player, don’t recall seeing a player being injured off the pitch like that before, on the artificial stuff anyway. 👍

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't think it is an issue and I doubt it even enters Murphy's mind.

I had a full ACL reconstruction ten years ago, goes through my mind anytime I play any sport - and I haven't ventured back on to an artificial turf since doing it. Now I'm not a pro footballer, and Jamie is undoubtedly made of sterner stuff, but that type of injury prays on your mind, and from what I've read a lot of players want to steer clear of some of the older 'astro turf' surfaces after getting a reconstruction.  

Just now, TartanTeddy said:

I had a full ACL reconstruction ten years ago, goes through my mind anytime I play any sport - and I haven't ventured back on to an artificial turf since doing it. Now I'm not a pro footballer, and Jamie is undoubtedly made of sterner stuff, but that type of injury prays on your mind, and from what I've read a lot of players want to steer clear of some of the older astro turf fields after getting a reconstruction.  

fair enough.

5 minutes ago, MarzM said:

@Courtyard Bear, @adam2102, @EverestGers Any time you three gents what to change your mind and no talk pish...feel free.

I’ll put my hands up mate, it looked like he caught his studs on the pitch from the Copland. 

Although your idea is just as pish as my eyes to be fair. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

I’ll put my hands up mate, it looked like he caught his studs on the pitch from the Copland. 

He stubbed his left toe on the pitch then went over after he lost his balance 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What? To extend the grass by another 2 foot? Doesn't seem pish to me. It would then be just like the other side at the Govan.

Not having a go, just think it looks bad and lets face it. Just not looking to provide ammo to arseholes from other teams.

1 minute ago, EverestGers said:

He stubbed his left toe on the pitch then went over after he lost his balance 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Aye that’s what I saw but I also thought he twisted his ankle on the turf not the Astro at the side. 

Just now, MarzM said:

What? To extend the grass by another 2 foot? Doesn't seem pish to me. It would then be just like the other side at the Govan.

Not having a go, just think it looks bad and lets face it. Just not looking to provide ammo to arseholes from other teams.

Fuck them mate, he was falling because he feel over his own feet every chance he twists his ankle on the grass as well. 

He's planted his foot in the join. There's always a higher likelihood of doing that on a change of surface/level like that. It's no coincidence that's where it happened. Sheer stupidity to have brought the astro so close. I suspect most that have play sport regularly has done it. I sure have.