The Unofficial Rangers vs celtic podcast

The Dude

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Ive been getting paid for stuff I post on here for years. If I had my own site, id find a way to monetise that too because its my job. 

As I said earlier, you're a mercenary fucker.

4 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Well create a thread for the podcast and put a weekly link in and let the conversation and feedback flow from there. This pish repeating itself doesn’t help you or the forum.

Do you think it wouldnt repeat itself if a mega-thread got bumped every week? 

4 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

I’v never seen you advertise before though 

Ive posted hundreds of articles on here over the years. From my current gig or my stuff at the Record, Shoot! or elsewhere. Id actually see your point if I was continually advertising stuff that folk had to pay for but not a single thing Ive posted has been behind a paywall. 

People are free to just scroll past, like they are with any other blogger or podcaster that shares their stuff on here. 

26 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Feel the podcast really is a great dea - hope it can be expanded to reach out to fans of other clubs .  Really looking forward to Rangers podcasts with fans from Aberdeen - Hibs or even Dundee United as this will go a long way to gettng those bridges built.   Hopefully there's a Rangers and the Tartan Army podcast n on the horizon. 

Got to love the sarcasm. 😂😂

1 hour ago, Tomatasauce said:

Has this shitey podcast not been abandoned  by now? 

can’t be many Rangers fans who actually listen to it based on the response it’s got in here, the thing that annoyed me about it is peadophile fc  fans won’t call us by our own name on their shitey forum yet Some think we should call them their pet name, a name they use to promote their club

Dude you don’t seem to give a fuck what people think of you posting this or who you burn bridges with (and btw seems your entitled to since the mods won’t get it to fuck somewhere else) but ask your wee podcast pals if they are willing to do the same on kerryfail st an call us the Gers in the thread title...bet they don't/won’t 

Always thought their pet name was the one I hear constantly in the media . the hoops . Total give away in the media for me . Never once I have us heard us being referred to as the Gers

That is their cuddly name used by all their fans in the media

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Do you think it wouldnt repeat itself if a mega-thread got bumped every week? 

No because people would know what it is and where to find it . Instead we have your weekly grandstanding to rile up the same people over and over again resulting in this. If I want the latest information on Kent then I know to go to transfer forum and read the Kent topic. The same could apply to your podcast. If anyone wishes to discuss it then they can go to its very own thread.

Just now, cr3_bear said:

No because people would know what it is and where to find it . Instead we have your weekly grandstanding to rile up the same people over and over again resulting in this. If I want the latest information on Kent then I know to go to transfer forum and read the Kent topic. The same could apply to your podcast. If anyone wishes to discuss it then they can go to its very own thread. 

You mean...like this one?

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You mean...like this one?

It is now but we know it never started like that as you know. Where it stays is up to admin at the end of the day. But my opinion if you would rather a decent discussion about the actual podcast then the general football is probably the best location as keeping it in here is only going to end up like this over and over again and seems more like an ego trip than anything else. 

Just now, bornabear said:

Typical journalistic answer, instead of answering the whole of what cr3 said, you conveniently answer the last sentence.

It all came down that one sentence really. The rest wasn't really a question.

Listened to episode three tonight (hadn't listened to the first two).

It's got really good production values (thought it was going to be more amateur,) clear audio, well moderated and the lads involved seemed to be good at not talking over each other too much which led to some decent conversations, Clearly suffers a bit for being pre season and not having any real games to talk about (with both European games being too one sided), so a lot of the chat was speculation and chit chat.

I subscribe to the belief that it's good to know your enemy, so was interesting enough to hear some of their chat - but really highlighted how little I know about their squad, and I kind of lost interest the more the chat was about them - as a lad I used to know their team, but that was the seventies, so teams were a bit more set. So some of it was interesting but a lot of their stuff went over my head, or certainly lost my attention.

I would think the real test will be when you have league games to discuss - and how the conversation goes when people are a bit more invested in the results. But thought the Rangers lads were pretty much spot on with opinions on the squad, the gaffer and the transfer window. 

It's basically like listening to any decent Scottish  football chat show but the topic doesn't stray far from the things we care about which is how well we're doing and how badly their doing. Amazed how upset some people on here are about this as it's basically the chat you would have with mates that support other teams - some interesting stuff, some you take with a pinch of salt and some you reject outright as pish.

Will certainly listen to episode 4 when it's out  

5 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

It is now but we know it never started like that as you know. Where it stays is up to admin at the end of the day. But my opinion if you would rather a decent discussion about the actual podcast then the general football is probably the best location as keeping it in here is only going to end up like this over and over again and seems more like an ego trip than anything else. 

That is certainly what it is.

Notice how I've learned from the dude, how to use bits of a sentence to my best use.

2 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Listened to episode three tonight (hadn't listened to the first two).

It's got really good production values (thought it was going to be more amateur,) clear audio, well moderated and the lads involved seemed to be good at not talking over each other too much which led to some decent conversations, Clearly suffers a bit for being pre season and not having any real games to talk about (with both European games being too one sided), so a lot of the chat was speculation and chit chat.

I subscribe to the belief that it's good to know your enemy, so was interesting enough to hear some of their chat - but really highlighted how little I know about their squad, and I kind of lost interest the more the chat was about them - as a lad I used to know their team, but that was the seventies, so teams were a bit more set. So some of it was interesting but a lot of their stuff went over my head, or certainly lost my attention.

I would think the real test will be when you have league games to discuss - and how the conversation goes when people are a bit more invested in the results. But thought the Rangers lads were pretty much spot on with opinions on the squad, the gaffer and the transfer window. 

It's basically like listening to any decent Scottish  football chat show but the topic doesn't stray far from the things we care about which is how well we're doing and how badly their doing. Amazed how upset some people on here are about this as it's basically the chat you would have with mates that support other teams - some interesting stuff, some you take with a pinch of salt and some you reject outright as pish. 

Will listen to episode 4 when it's out  

Cheers. Appreciate that. Think we're all really starting to find our feet with each other (we'd never met before recording  ep1) and agree that things will get a bit interesting when the games matter more. Particularly looking forward to the post OF one (if we win).

Will be out next Tuesday and you can subscribe on itunes or spotify if you'd prefer.

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Always thought their pet name was the one I hear constantly in the media . the hoops . Total give away in the media for me . Never once I have us heard us being referred to as the Gers

That is their cuddly name used by all their fans in the media

Didn’t mean it literally but fair point, instead of pet names I should have just said non offensive names

Bar that, I stand by my post😂

I have not listened to it and I will never listen to it, I have no interest in what tarriers have to say about our club or their own, I also don't really think that it should be in the Bears Den but the fact that it is doesn't have me jumping up and down with anger, meh tbh, but all these threads have went the same way and it's boring as fuck, won't be posting again in any of them and will read very little of the content in any future threads on the subject. 

Archived