*** The Official The Open 2019 Thread ***

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

How is that even possible? Did you see how he managed it I'm intrigued :lol:

Cunt hit the wrong ball and everything.

"The adjustment was made following an error in reviewing his score on the 7th hole. David lost his first two balls from the tee and then played a wrong ball for the third ball played from the tee. On discovering the mistake at the green he had to return to where the wrong ball was played but the correct ball could not be found. Therefore he had to play again from the tee for a fourth time under penalty of stroke and distance. He played six shots in completing the hole with the fourth ball from the tee. He incurred a two-shot penalty for playing the wrong ball but the strokes played with the wrong ball do not count in his score (Rule 6.3c).

Aboves from golf digest hahahahaa. Fucking mental.

11 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Cunt hit the wrong ball and everything.

"The adjustment was made following an error in reviewing his score on the 7th hole. David lost his first two balls from the tee and then played a wrong ball for the third ball played from the tee. On discovering the mistake at the green he had to return to where the wrong ball was played but the correct ball could not be found. Therefore he had to play again from the tee for a fourth time under penalty of stroke and distance. He played six shots in completing the hole with the fourth ball from the tee. He incurred a two-shot penalty for playing the wrong ball but the strokes played with the wrong ball do not count in his score (Rule 6.3c).

Aboves from golf digest hahahahaa. Fucking mental.

Jesus christ :lol:

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

Who is the Scots guy McIntyre up there? new one on me.

I think he's got a massive future to be honest. Had back to back 2nds (unlucky not to win) a few months back racking about a nice £500,000 in prize money which kinda catapulted him into the limelight, and has looked fairly assured since. Doesn't really have many weaknesses, hits it a fair way and straight, short game is solid and loves links golf. 

Got him EW so hopefully he keeps it up!

11 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think he's got a massive future to be honest. Had back to back 2nds (unlucky not to win) a few months back racking about a nice £500,000 in prize money which kinda catapulted him into the limelight, and has looked fairly assured since. Doesn't really have many weaknesses, hits it a fair way and straight, short game is solid and loves links golf. 

Got him EW so hopefully he keeps it up!

What price did you get, the ew bets vary wildly With PP paying 1st 10 places.

Just now, pcbear said:

What price did you get, the ew bets vary wildly With PP paying 1st 10 places.

Got him at 200s (top 10) with Sky Bet. Still a long way to go but I had Holmes to be 1st leader so off to a pretty good start!

image.thumb.png.4a6237352e59dbbc3bdc1383f4f59f3f.png 

This one has started okay too (bot shot in the 60s, just). Tough ask for them both to do it for 4 straight round though even if it is a par 71. Had another one with Koepka and Rory but Rory fucked that haha!

image.thumb.png.4f22fde76ac9fe1f8d3544fa37024903.png

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

The rough is brutal, in places, the person that wins might need a wee bit of really good luck if they stray off the short stuff. Speith levels of luck, may be a good description. 

Just before going to bed last night I caught the last wee bit of an official Open film that was from the year Speith bored his way to the title. 

Reminded me how slow and annoying he was and still is. 

18 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Doesn't look like much wind today, probably some lowish scores.

Yeah should be good. Think the late starters yesterday and early starters today draw have the advantage with the weather. Weather is meant to pick up a little later. Some decent scores so far.

Sky just talking about young Bob McIntyre pulling up Kyle Stanley for not shouting fore when he hit someone in the crowd, then his caddy's mum pulling Stanley up for doing it again. 

The pros need shot penalties for not shouting fore. Well done Bob McIntyre ( and his caddy's mum!) 

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

Sky just talking about young Bob McIntyre pulling up Kyle Stanley for not shouting fore when he hit someone in the crowd, then his caddy's mum pulling Stanley up for doing it again. 

The pros need shot penalties for not shouting fore. Well done Bob McIntyre ( and his caddy's mum!) 

The person he hit in the crowd was his caddy's Mum, that's why.

What are the fucking chances of that :lol: 

1 hour ago, ben51 said:

The person he hit in the crowd was his caddy's Mum, that's why.

What are the fucking chances of that :lol: 

That's not how the story was told but makes sense. He did it twice in the round anyway 

19 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

It would be nice if either Westwood or Fleetwood win it. 

I don't have any money on it.  I just quite like them both.

Plus it's unthinkable that a big taig like Lowry would win at Royal Portrush. 

Commentary team seem hell bent on uniting Ireland - they were suggesting the whole crowd would be behind Lowry now that Rory’s out....