*** The Official The Open 2019 Thread ***

Stanley is now aware of the damage his shot did but insists he feels no need to say sorry to Bob or Stephanie.

Asked if he will apologise, PGA Tour star Stanley said: "I won't, no. Our discussion was brief.

"If his issue was with me not being the first person to say 'fore,' I mean, does he have a point? Does he not have a point? That's up to him.

"All I know is after I hit the ball it wasn't but a couple of seconds when several people on the tee box started shouting 'fore.'

"I thought that was enough. My intention was to never do anything negative or put anybody in the gallery in harm's way."

Pressed on why he hasn't said sorry, Stanley, who insists he always shouts when he hits offline, said: "Five or six people on the tee yelled 'fore'. My caddie did, my two playing partners, a couple of the marshals. I thought that was enough.

"To paint somebody in a bad light, not playing within the etiquette of the game, you've got to be careful when you do that.

"When you tell your story, you've got to make sure you have all the details.

"From what I read last night, he didn't do that. He's a young player. I've been out here a while. So I don't feel the need to be schooled on the rules of golf or what to do when you hit a shot off line."

38 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Fowler at least putting in a challenge all I could ask for 

He's very much in this now. Can't see Holmes or Lowry holding up under the pressure. Don't think Westwood will get it done either (although i'd be pleased for him if he did - deserves a major).

7 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

He's very much in this now. Can't see Holmes or Lowry holding up under the pressure. Don't think Westwood will get it done either (although i'd be pleased for him if he did - deserves a major).

The wee man's shooting for them, sets up tomorrow perfectly 

17 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

The wee man's shooting for them, sets up tomorrow perfectly 

Gets another birdie. Only 2 behind. Might be more by end of play as weather has dropped but as long as it's not Fleetwood, Koepka or Rose (unlikely with the last two now) who open up a gap, not too concerning IMO. Fleetwood would be the main concern just now. Weather is meant to be tough tomorrow too which Fowler is normally decent in.

5 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Gets another birdie. Only 2 behind. Might be more by end of play as weather has dropped but as long as it's not Fleetwood, Koepka or Rose (unlikely with the last two now) who open up a gap, not too concerning IMO. Fleetwood would be the main concern just now. Weather is meant to be tough tomorrow too which Fowler is normally decent in.

Cheers mate, you seem more clued up than me with the golf, that's good to hear. 

My bets only worth 115 so if I just get a good run for my money tomorrow I'm happy enough, obviously be better to win though :lol:

14 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Two man tourney now. I still have good each way possibilities with Lowry, Fleetwood, Rahm and Smith so hopefully a few quid in the back pocket. 

Got Smith each way for top 6 too.

For all the world it looks like a two horse race but I think someone will go low. Need Lowry to fall apart though. The weather, nerves and pressure will be massive tomorrow. Always difficult to follow up a low round with another as well. If he shoots anything close to par he'll have one hand on The Claret Jug. He played incredible but the last few groups got a nice wee break in the weather. Wind just died.

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

Got Smith each way for top 6 too.

For all the world it looks like a two horse race but I think someone will go low. Need Lowry to fall apart though. The weather, nerves and pressure will be massive tomorrow. Always difficult to follow up a low round with another as well. If he shoots anything close to par he'll have one hand on The Claret Jug. He played incredible but the last few groups got a nice wee break in the weather. Wind just died.

His caddy seems right on the ball as well.

23 minutes ago, pcbear said:

His caddy seems right on the ball as well.

Yeah you've overheard some good advice he's given him. Makes a huge difference.

Koepkas caddy knows the course incredibly well too and Koepka has played really well, without any fireworks. Just hasn't holed anything. Tee to green he's been excellent. Can't buy a putt.

Wish the field were a bit closer for a bit more excitement. Intrigued to see what the weather brings too. It might not quite be a Paul Lawrie style comeback but you never know.