Greg Stewart

scottyc06

Just now, DBBTB said:

Didn’t look any better than their players but we beat them 6-0 on the night. How does that work? :lol:

Well I did say some. I know for a few it was their first game or so and it was to get minutes in their legs but was quite rusty . And obviously we scored 4 after Arfield came on which was around the 60th min. 

5 hours ago, Jb85 said:

Well I did say some. I know for a few it was their first game or so and it was to get minutes in their legs but was quite rusty . And obviously we scored 4 after Arfield came on which was around the 60th min. 

Specifically who?

And thank god for Arfield coming on, nearly never got through.

6 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Was ok and will do as squad player, Hastie looked out his depth but he’s young and Ibrox debut so maybe a bit understandable he looked nervous on the ball.

He was trying too much most times he was on the ball instead of just keeping it simple, hopefully will improve over time 

5 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

He was trying too much most times he was on the ball instead of just keeping it simple, hopefully will improve over time 

Aye thought the same but he’s only what 20 so plenty time, can’t see anyone pushing Ojo for that RW slot though. 

FWIW I thought Hastie was trying far too hard instead of letting his natural game flow. He has quite a distinctive running style where he looks more powerful than pacey but in the end I think he was just desperate for a goal. If he played his own game he’d have had a goal and squared up Morelos in the first half

15 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Ffs hope this isn't a serious post 

It is. 

Call it as I see it. No where near good enough. Was absolutely awful last night. 

Fully expect to get pelters for my opinion because it’s ‘too early’, but you can tell if someone’s got it or not right away. 

35 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It is. 

Call it as I see it. No where near good enough. Was absolutely awful last night. 

Fully expect to get pelters for my opinion because it’s ‘too early’, but you can tell if someone’s got it or not right away. 

In his first game as a Rangers footballer Alfredo Morelos looked like he shouldn’t be playing the sport let alone justifying the £1m we spent on him

fast forward to now and he’s the best player in the country 

mental to make a judgement on a young player after his first game but ok 

44 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It is. 

Stewart and Jones are strange signings tbh, I think Stewart will offer more than Jones though , we badly need a left winger if not Kent then someone else 

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

RM, where 2 people that played well in a 6-0 win in Europe in our FIRST competitive home game of the season,  still manage to have threads about them saying they aren't good enough.

Hurts my brain.

Think Stewart was ok tbh and can see what he will bring especially taking the ball in tight situations against teams that will sit in, its the Jones signing I can’t get my head around thought he was garbage at Killie and seen nothing to suggest he’ll be any better here.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I was talking about Pollster, I had forgot about Jones.  He is another one that has been written off before he has barely kicked a ball.

He may well turn out to be shit, but until he has had a run of games in our shirt, it's hard to tell how he is going to play for us.

I remember very similar things being said when we signed Kamara. 

At least Kamara has a decent pedigree though having come through the ranks at Arsenal, I’ve seen nothing from Jones to suggest he’s any better than what we already had ie Middleton and Murphy, we really need to get Kent back