Concern about the standard of Scottish Football

17 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I am inclined to agree although it's what is inside his mind that matters and most people in English football even in good times tend to look down on Scottish football ...  and these aren't good times for our game

This season might just change the train of thought on Scottish Football. Gerrard is a positive man and knows how to work the media. It might take a little longer up here, but he's still very much a big deal all over the world not just UK. 

14 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Do you not think Man U making a complete hash of it by appointing people with big reputations since Ferguson left would make them think twice about doing the same thing?

A bit yeah, but with the current trend with management appointments just now. Hire a high-profile former player rather than the tried and tested Allardyce, Hughes, Pardew bollocks or simply going for a high-profile manager. HAving that link to the club can be more important now than a half-way impressive CV (See: Lampard, Frank)

Bringing him (or any club legend) gives the board a bit more breathing room. OGS has been pretty toss but that didn't stop United fans going totally overboard and wanting him hired after about 3 games.

35 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Lampard probably would not have got the gig if it was not for their transfer troubles.

I don't think Gerrard will have a look in for the Liverpool gig unless he wins the league here, or moves to an English club prior and does well with them.

Lampard has been getting touted for that since practically the minute he took charge at Derby. I do agree they could have gone 'bigger' but again, briging that club legend in can help buy a board some breathing room - particularly if you're going into something like a transfer embargo. It'll take more for Chelsea fans to turn on Lampard's Chelsea than Sarri or Conte's

That’s like saying no one recognised Rodgers winking every trophy available domestically just because the rest of the league was crap.  When the opposite is true. You only had to listen to pro managers opinions on talk sport about him and not some no mark supporters who only have a clue about getting wrecked before and after games.

Gerrards stock will be high as soon as we win the league again. I think potential suitors would however wait to see if he can build on a winning squad to retain the league before they made a move- let’s face it if lampard can get the Chelsea gig by getting to the play off final and solskjaer can get the mufc job by doing the grand scheme of nothing previously then Gerrard has a great opportunity to be a top club manager if and when he wins the league with us.

There's no coincidence that Klopps contract expires 2022 season and likewise SG's contract expires 2022.

The only time I've wanted Liverpool to win the ECL, with the intent that lfc will offer an extension - and hopefully SG would accept a Rangers extension.

32 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

Doubt we will have to worry about Stevie leaving as long as klopp is doing so well with Liverpool which I can't see changing for a good few years yet.

Things can change in football overnight.

However I think Klopp loves Liverpool as they love him, but I would give him another two seasons max and he's cheerio, win, lose or draw with them.

Thereafter, the global icon  and Liverpool legend that is Stevie G, takes over like the second coming of JC. The script is written.

Just now, WATP-FOREVER said:

There's no coincidence that Klopps contract expires 2022 season and likewise SG's contract expires 2022.

The only time I've wanted Liverpool to win the ECL, with the intent that lfc will offer an extension - and hopefully SG would accept a Rangers extension.

it absolutely is a coincidence 

52 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

That’s like saying no one recognised Rodgers winking every trophy available domestically just because the rest of the league was crap.  When the opposite is true. You only had to listen to pro managers opinions on talk sport about him and not some no mark supporters who only have a clue about getting wrecked before and after games.

Gerrards stock will be high as soon as we win the league again. I think potential suitors would however wait to see if he can build on a winning squad to retain the league before they made a move- let’s face it if lampard can get the Chelsea gig by getting to the play off final and solskjaer can get the mufc job by doing the grand scheme of nothing previously then Gerrard has a great opportunity to be a top club manager if and when he wins the league with us.

Gerrard's stock is already high and it won't matter one fuck what he does up here. Gerrards opportunity is with us or without us, He could have stayed at LFC and moved up the ranks as he is marked down to be the successor.  Any cunt down there bringing up the Scottish game as a serious topic, they'd be laughed out of the studio. You can hear every cunt laughing in the background on Talksport bring us up. Scottish football is just not a topic to be brought up in a serious discussion with the English for fear of serious embarassment.

No cunt is waiting to see what he does up here ffs. EPL teams do have enough on their mind without giving this backwater a thought. His potential suitor is LFC and the rest would be kidding themselves on.

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I'm sure Stevie G  is enjoying his time at Ibrox but I don't think it would be too controversial a thing to say that he will see his final destination as back at Anfield and for that has to happen he has to cut his teeth at a big club winning big games. Sad to say but Killie crashing out of Europe to a team called Nomads and our only real opposition replacing brendan rogers with a dumpling like lennon will do nothing to make Stevie G think his medium term future is here.

I hope I'm wrong perhaps a really good run in Europe will make a big difference but sad to say no one down south will take any domestic success seriously now that brenda has disappeared

SG is here for the long haul to put us back where we belong. He loves this club almost as much as he loves Liverpool! He won't leave until 'pool come calling! (I hope!)

12 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Gerrard still has it all to prove tbh 

He has nothing to prove to LFC whilst in this backwater. He will have it all to prove when he takes over at LFC.

He's guaranteed to be second up here and if he wins a title, a bonus. LFC will NOT be judging him on that difference, as I stated, he is already a given for that job.

I'm getting the impression that you'd like him to fail to try and prove a point.

If SG turns us back into the great success,despite the constraints of Scottish football,we once were then imo the worlds his oyster. Both Smith and McLeish had careers in England after being at the top of Scottish football.

Brenda doing a runner from his 'beloved' kiddiefiddlers says more about him than the Scottish game.

3 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

If SG turns us back into the great success,despite the constraints of Scottish football,we once were then imo the worlds his oyster. Both Smith and McLeish had careers in England after being at the top of Scottish football.

Brenda doing a runner from his 'beloved' kiddiefiddlers says more about him than the Scottish game.

Hear what you are saying mate, but there is no comparison between them. Gerrard IS already a legend in England and his leadership skills were always there to be seen.

Managing LFC is night and day from who Smith and McLiesh managed and neither were such a success. Gerrard is for achieving success of stratospheric proportions. 

It is his destiny to manage them. Believe there will be celebrations all over Liverpool when he returns and it will matter not what he has done whilst here. The English treat our game with the utter contempt it deserves. Having a discussion with an Englishman on Scottish football is akin to a Rangers supporter having a discussion with a taig. No one is listening.

I understand your point BA but LFC will have to see Gerrard being successful before he's offered the job,the fans might love him as a player/clubman but he'll have to be proven in management,whether it's in Scotland or elsewhere.Remember what a f**kup McCoist made of the job wi us but still many backed him because of his history.

Why can’t we just laugh at Killie instead of making more of it than it is, non OF Scottish teams have always lost to diddy teams in Q1/Q2 in Europe it’s nothing new 

This mob celebrated like they’d won the Europa League after beating us in a game that was pretty much pointless to us, stealing our song about being in Europe, wanking over their amazing new AstroTurf and getting Conte’s assistant in as manager and then their big European adventure was getting dumped out against a team that plays in the Challenge Cup 

5 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

I understand your point BA but LFC will have to see Gerrard being successful before he's offered the job,the fans might love him as a player/clubman but he'll have to be proven in management,whether it's in Scotland or elsewhere.Remember what a f**kup McCoist made of the job wi us but still many backed him because of his history.

Like Lampard or OGS?

if the truth be known the majority of posters on here would rather have rubbed brenda's nose in the dirt,and me personally was as disappointed as the tramps when he bailed out.
I will also take great delight battering the shite out of one of the most loathsome cretins ever to draw breath.
p.s....fuck Kilmarnock and broadfeet.